ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New rule 9th july 2012 and Ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sheraz7
Respected Guru

New rule 9th july 2012 and Ilr

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:33 pm

On 9th July 2012 ukba changed the rules for ILR qualifying period time. Does that affect to those people too who already spend their legal stay of 10 years with continuous visa extensions. Does this 10 years continuous residence still lead to ILR or to the grant of further 2 years visa followed by 2 and 1 years visa for getting ILR.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

sailesh

Post by sailesh » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:48 pm

According to human right someone leaving in another country for 10 or more than he or she must be granted PR as there are several things and habit changes for eg the culture of the person , the way of thinking and the way he has been thinking eating well in deed one person changes after time so 10 yrs is quit long time
What would happen to someone who came here at the age of 35 yrs after 10 yrs he /she will be 45 will the mentality and ways of living be the same no so he/she will take another 5 to 10 yrs to settle whether home country or abroad if i am wrong here please do correct thanks

Mela

Post by Mela » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:02 pm

sailesh wrote:According to human right someone leaving in another country for 10 or more than he or she must be granted PR as there are several things and habit changes for eg the culture of the person , the way of thinking and the way he has been thinking eating well in deed one person changes after time so 10 yrs is quit long time
What would happen to someone who came here at the age of 35 yrs after 10 yrs he /she will be 45 will the mentality and ways of living be the same no so he/she will take another 5 to 10 yrs to settle whether home country or abroad if i am wrong here please do correct thanks
Can you please kindly refer to particulat artickle in HRA which states that person living X years in a country must be garnted residence.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: New rule 9th july 2012 and Ilr

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:31 pm

sheraz7 wrote:On 9th July 2012 ukba changed the rules for ILR qualifying period time. Does that affect to those people too who already spend their legal stay of 10 years with continuous visa extensions. Does this 10 years continuous residence still lead to ILR or to the grant of further 2 years visa followed by 2 and 1 years visa for getting ILR.
Have you looked at the latest Guidance on Settlement via Long Residence?

From my 'Useful Links' below, go to Long Residence.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: New rule 9th july 2012 and Ilr

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:46 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:On 9th July 2012 ukba changed the rules for ILR qualifying period time. Does that affect to those people too who already spend their legal stay of 10 years with continuous visa extensions. Does this 10 years continuous residence still lead to ILR or to the grant of further 2 years visa followed by 2 and 1 years visa for getting ILR.
Have you looked at the latest Guidance on Settlement via Long Residence?

From my 'Useful Links' below, go to Long Residence.
yes I have already read this chapter but still it is not clear especially for people who spent 10 year lawful residence for the purpose of getting ILR. Does that mean that these people will not get straight away ILR rather they will be granted further 2 years leave to remain. Can anybody clarify that in now a days the people who spent 10 years law stay are they getting ILR or further 2 years leave to remain.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS