ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help please! Contact information

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Crommers
Newly Registered

Help please! Contact information

Post by Crommers » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:12 am

Hi All,

I am desperately trying to get my visa and passport back as my father isn't well and have a letter from his Dr. I have emailed the 'SettlementOpspolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk' and have also sent a fax.

Does anyone know of any other contact methods so I can ensure the letter gets to my case worker?

Thank you so much!

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:42 am

If you used SetO form, then page 5 of Set O guide has the info you need under header:
17 CONTACTING US AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED

Note that if you request your passport back for travel overseas, your application will be considered 'withdrawn' with no refund, which pretty much resets your clock if you are applying for ILR and your current leave has expired.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Crommers
Newly Registered

Post by Crommers » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:47 am

Thank you will take a look there. Well they have had my passport for 21 weeks now so just wanted to see if they could return it quicker now that my father is unwell.

I will take a look at the contact information for SET(O).

Thank you.

Crommers
Newly Registered

Post by Crommers » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:15 pm

Well the fax number I used and the email in my earlier post have worked! I was rung by my MP today and told that they have granted my ILR and will make it home on my flight on Friday!

It is good to know that if you have genuine reasons they are willing to show compassion!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:32 pm

That's great news. Congrats.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:58 pm

Excellent News. Hope Your dad get well soon.