ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2(G)application sent without sponsor licence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:56 pm

thanks urban and congratulation quit hopeful post

and my question to any one who knows please

I managed to book appointment on 14 March 13 for my Tier 2 general but still waiting for sponsor license.

for backup I might go back to student visa, my question is can I use same appointment for Student visa application

Thanks

urbannomad
Newly Registered

Re: My experience applying for a sponsorship license

Post by urbannomad » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi there, I think I called sunshine solicitors and cgs law, both in London.
The more you appear to know what you are talking about the phone, the more time they are willing to give you. Solicitors will usually answer questions which are not easily answered by the UKBA website and talk through your circumstances. But if your case is very complex they will surely ask you to come in and possibly pay for a consultation. One firm didn't want to have a long conversation, so I just kept calling others until someone did answer my questions.

Hi Urbannomad: Can you please recommend any solicitor that I can call for free advice? I am really worried about my application :( thanks[/quote]

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Guys any one help please
Visa expiring 14 March
License applied 15 Aug( Still waiting)
Urgent treatment will be ask on 22 Fev( 15 working days)

I have booked appointment on 14 March

What are the chances to hear after making urgent treatment. will we receive decision within time any experience?

puns_puns

Post by puns_puns » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:42 pm

hello jibri

this strange that you are still waiting for decision. i think you better make sure with your employer or you can email to ukba regarding your application process so you will know what;s happening with the application.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:50 pm

puns_puns wrote:hello jibri

this strange that you are still waiting for decision. i think you better make sure with your employer or you can email to ukba regarding your application process so you will know what;s happening with the application.

basically i am out of luck God might have some others plan for me . they only said that case is still waiting to allocate to case worker, they dealing with January applications and I am still waiting

puns_puns

Post by puns_puns » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:57 pm

but you better ask them to treat your case as urgent you can email them with the proof of your visa expiry date...it might help you

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:04 pm

puns_puns wrote:but you better ask them to treat your case as urgent you can email them with the proof of your visa expiry date...it might help you
Thanks I will do that and will even send them my appointment detail , but just want to know after making urgent treatment do they really expedite the process?

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:15 pm

So an update on my status.

I have been following this thread from the begining, and i sent my application without a CoS. My company got their registration accepted only after i sent the application, and issued an unrestricted CoS afterwards.
Everything appeared to be going okay, though just before christmas i got my visa refused. When i checked on it i found out that the UKBA had made a mistake. I filed an appeal and sent it out, and only after that the UKBA contacted me and accepted their error. They had to withdraw the appeal from their end, and after 4 months i have finally got my visa today. Well, haven't recieved the passport yet, but got a direct email from the caseworker saying that my visa has been approved.

Email excerpt from case worker:

"Everything is fine this end my colleague has granted your application, your expiry date is 12 December 2015. All your documents, Passport, Degree certificate, Bank statements and transcripts have been put in the post and will leave my office later this afternoon.

Please acknowledge safe receipt of your documents and your BRP will follow a few days after.

I am sorry this has been a long and possible stressful process for you but rest assured that your immigration history will show you have been refused but in UKBA’s error so to date you have not been classed as an overstayer and all your leave to remain in the United Kingdom is in order. "

rb1987
Newly Registered

Post by rb1987 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:59 pm

gameover_786 wrote:Thanks Sushdmhta for your reply.

It means both ways i will have 28 days to reapply my application. I have one more question to ask if you could answer that after refusal/invalid application can i apply under other categories? or i have to apply for the same tier 2 (G).

Thanks once again.
can a cos be issued with out carrying out LMT?

chin1605

Congrats mate

Post by chin1605 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:44 pm

hashmil wrote:So an update on my status.

I have been following this thread from the begining, and i sent my application without a CoS. My company got their registration accepted only after i sent the application, and issued an unrestricted CoS afterwards.
Everything appeared to be going okay, though just before christmas i got my visa refused. When i checked on it i found out that the UKBA had made a mistake. I filed an appeal and sent it out, and only after that the UKBA contacted me and accepted their error. They had to withdraw the appeal from their end, and after 4 months i have finally got my visa today. Well, haven't recieved the passport yet, but got a direct email from the caseworker saying that my visa has been approved.

Email excerpt from case worker:

"Everything is fine this end my colleague has granted your application, your expiry date is 12 December 2015. All your documents, Passport, Degree certificate, Bank statements and transcripts have been put in the post and will leave my office later this afternoon.

Please acknowledge safe receipt of your documents and your BRP will follow a few days after.

I am sorry this has been a long and possible stressful process for you but rest assured that your immigration history will show you have been refused but in UKBA’s error so to date you have not been classed as an overstayer and all your leave to remain in the United Kingdom is in order. "

Hi Hashmil,

I followed your threads/posts and Gameover's with a lot of interest, as I also submitted my application without a COS.

Happy for you too for the positive outcome.

Hoping for a postitve outcome too, probably in the next 3-4 weeks as I had just done my Biometrics Enrolment last Friday.

Will keep you all posted.

Cheers

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:42 am

Hi All
Finally my company Got license we received email today

I am working as an accountant doing most of tasks mentioned in code 2421
but not all tasks can I use that code?
and salary mentioned there is different level for different education level
for my level its saying 17K and higher level it goes to 27K
how can I prove that I come in 17K category
my company will start paying me 20K when my visa issue so how should this work as my visa expire on 14 march should my company start paying from 15 March or should I change my contract from 1st march
what documents I need for my visa purpose?

Thanks

rb1987
Newly Registered

Post by rb1987 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:50 am

sushdmehta wrote:Any category that allows 28 days overstay for a leave to remain application.
in such circumstances is required for employer to carry out LMT?

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:13 pm

yes

damnmad
Australia

Post by damnmad » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:53 am

Hello all,

I am in some kind of similar situation(Visa not expired), My visa is going to expire in May. I got 2 questions:

1) Can i apply using our company funds, I mean maintenance of £900 for 90 days or do i need to use my own.
2) Our company just got a mail confirming that SMS account have been activated, but I am wondering that no one came to our company and verified anything and I know that we did submitted our paper documents i this week(on Tuesday 08-03-2013). Is it that fast these days? what should we do after activating our SMS account?

Thanks,
Kind Regards
Never mind!!!

catchhster

Visa Application without COS

Post by catchhster » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi friends,

I am going to apply for the Tier 2 visa from PSW before my company get the license and COS. I have the following questions

1. @Gameover Hi congrats on your successfull application. Can you please share the format of your letter that you sent to UKBA stating your situation.

Or anyone has a copy of the letter you sent to UKBA or can you please put a list of things that needs to be mentioned in the letter.

Also in the application where you need to put the COS reference number do you need to mention or put an indication that points to your accompanied letter (for example put a * next to question and put the * in the letter as well)

Many thanks for the help
Sivakumar

catchhster

Hi guys license received BUT the register of sponsor list do

Post by catchhster » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:51 am

Hi guys,

I have my visa till 18th april and i was gonna apply today without the license

But we received an email saying we have been granted for license today and we will get the username on post.

What do you guys suggest ? should i wait till 18th? or should i send the application today saying all the above in cover letter?

Please help.

Many thanks

UPDATE:I submitted my application without the COS. Luckily my sponsor received a license before my stay ends but they did not receive details of the SMS so I submitted my application with a covering letter stating my isse

I received biometrics and given my BRB in post office

I also sent a correspondance with COS details with my application ref number stated in my Ack letter

Any one with the same issue reply or PM me I will help
[/b]
Sivakumar

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I am currently applying for a tier 2 visa (switching from PSW). Have sent my application without CoS as at that time my employer's license was still pending.

Now my employer have got their license approved, but apparently they do not have unrestricted CoS allocated yet.

Tomorrow we will apply for an unrestricted CoS. Do you know if it's hard to get it allocated? How long does it normally take?

Many thanks in advance!

damnmad
Australia

Post by damnmad » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:54 am

ldn_girl wrote:Hi everyone,

I am currently applying for a tier 2 visa (switching from PSW). Have sent my application without CoS as at that time my employer's license was still pending.

Now my employer have got their license approved, but apparently they do not have unrestricted CoS allocated yet.

Tomorrow we will apply for an unrestricted CoS. Do you know if it's hard to get it allocated? How long does it normally take?

Many thanks in advance!
It is just matter of minutes. After filling the request form online COS gets generated within minutes. Good Luck by the way.
Never mind!!!

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:45 am

damnmad wrote: It is just matter of minutes. After filling the request form online COS gets generated within minutes. Good Luck by the way.
Hi damnmad, thanks for the reply and good luck wishes :)

You mean it gets allocated within minutes? Or assigned?

I'm sure assigning CoS to an employee is quick, but getting unrestricted CoS allocated? My company have just got their license, and their unrestricted allocation is 0. Yesterdya they have sent a request to home office asking to allocate 1 unrestricted CoS. There has been no reply yet, so I was wondering how long it might take... I am getting slightly worried as I have already received the first letter from UKBA asking to submit biometrics...

Also got a question about minimum salary... Do I (or my employer) have to provide any evidence I am getting the salary stated in the CoS? E.d. my employment contract, or my payslips?

Would be really grateful if someone can share their experience/knowldge.

damnmad
Australia

Post by damnmad » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:02 am

ldn_girl wrote:
damnmad wrote: It is just matter of minutes. After filling the request form online COS gets generated within minutes. Good Luck by the way.
Hi damnmad, thanks for the reply and good luck wishes :)

You mean it gets allocated within minutes? Or assigned?

I'm sure assigning CoS to an employee is quick, but getting unrestricted CoS allocated? My company have just got their license, and their unrestricted allocation is 0. Yesterdya they have sent a request to home office asking to allocate 1 unrestricted CoS. There has been no reply yet, so I was wondering how long it might take... I am getting slightly worried as I have already received the first letter from UKBA asking to submit biometrics...

Also got a question about minimum salary... Do I (or my employer) have to provide any evidence I am getting the salary stated in the CoS? E.d. my employment contract, or my payslips?

Would be really grateful if someone can share their experience/knowldge.

* Well assigning an allocated COS just takes minutes. But allocating, I mean requesting a COS might take bit long time because I haven't been through that process. We requested for 2 unrestricted COS while applying for license itself.

I guess it will take around 1 - 2 weeks (I assume). Your company got licence so don't worry much about that stuff because its not in your hands. Its up to UKBA.

* There is nothing mandatory about salary evidence because your company is going to assure about salary while assigning COS to you. But I've submitted my pay slip with required salary to make my application look strong.

Feel free to ask more questions, I know and we all know how it feels like. Good Luck :)
Never mind!!!

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:28 am

Thanks for the reply damnmad, it's really useful.

My only worry is limited time... My visa has already expired, and I cannot afford having my application rejected because I have not submitted biometrics in time :)

I am asking for the evidence of salary as my official salary is £22k, and my previous payslip shows it. But it is £300 less than what I need for my SOC. Do you think if my employer adds a clause to my employment contract saying that I will receive £300 extra to my standard pay in the last month of each year, will this be ok? I mean similar to a bonus, but guaranteed, no matter what the performace was... Think it might work? Or my basic salary has to be £22,300? If so, I think this is also possible, but then my previous payslip will not reflect that. But if you are saying providing payslips is not required, then it's probably ok...

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Again with regards to the salary issue, salaries stated in the COPs are based on 39 hour working week... If my contract states that my working week is 37.5 hours, can my salary be slightly less? Or is it only applicable to those working on hourly basis?

Thanks!

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Can you guys also correct me if I am wrong?

From what I have understood, if I am switching from PSW and I'm 25 y.o. or younger, I automatically get classified as 'new entrant' no matter how much work experience I have. Is that right?

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:28 am

ldn_girl wrote:Again with regards to the salary issue, salaries stated in the COPs are based on 39 hour working week... If my contract states that my working week is 37.5 hours, can my salary be slightly less? Or is it only applicable to those working on hourly basis?

Thanks!

Hi yes you can pro rate the salary down to 37.hours. You have to mention the hours working in your COS. So what is your SOC code and salary based on 39hrs?

If your salary is pro rated down then is it still 300 pounds less? I was 75pounds less but my employer sorted it out for me. i am sure 300 will not be an issue.

And Yes you are a new entrant as your are 25yrs old or switching from PSW so dont worry abt this.
Sivakumar

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:44 am

catchhster wrote: Hi yes you can pro rate the salary down to 37.hours. You have to mention the hours working in your COS. So what is your SOC code and salary based on 39hrs?

If your salary is pro rated down then is it still 300 pounds less? I was 75pounds less but my employer sorted it out for me. i am sure 300 will not be an issue.

And Yes you are a new entrant as your are 25yrs old or switching from PSW so dont worry abt this.
Thanks for your reply catchhster,

When my salary is pro rated, it is about £500 more than the minimum required, so I am relieved :)

Do you know by any chance where my employer will have to indicate how many hours per week I work? Is there a separate box for that in SMS when they fill in my CoS details? (Sorry, already posted this question in another thread, but have not got any response yet :) )

Many thanks for your help!