ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inviting Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salondon
Newly Registered

Inviting Parents

Post by salondon » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi all

Could someone tell me how long does the visitor visa take to process from India? In past (3+ yrs ago) it used to take 3-4 days so we made the mistake of booking tickets too close.

We also made the mistake of not using fast track(They have been to US, mum has been to UK too). We are UK citizens and I believe the paperwork that my parents submitted is in order.

In your experience, do you think we will get the visa in time for them to fly on 8th Feb?

Visa application - 30th Jan - Delhi
Visa application has been forwarded to British High commission - 30th Jan
Visa application is under process at the British High commission - 4th Feb.

We need the visas to arrive by post by 7th Feb. Which basically leaves, 2 working days for the processing. Do you guys think its do-able?

My parents were told in Delhi, that 7 working days is enough.

Thanks
SA

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Inviting Parents

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:31 pm

salondon wrote:Hi all

Could someone tell me how long does the visitor visa take to process from India? In past (3+ yrs ago) it used to take 3-4 days so we made the mistake of booking tickets too close.

We also made the mistake of not using fast track(They have been to US, mum has been to UK too). We are UK citizens and I believe the paperwork that my parents submitted is in order.

In your experience, do you think we will get the visa in time for them to fly on 8th Feb?

Visa application - 30th Jan - Delhi
Visa application has been forwarded to British High commission - 30th Jan
Visa application is under process at the British High commission - 4th Feb.

We need the visas to arrive by post by 7th Feb. Which basically leaves, 2 working days for the processing. Do you guys think its do-able?

My parents were told in Delhi, that 7 working days is enough.

Thanks
SA
Have a look here
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Good luck, but I believe you have taken a risk by organising the tickets so soon.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !