ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Possible Based on Child's insistence ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aja
United Kingdom

Settlement Possible Based on Child's insistence ?

Post by aja » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:22 pm

Hello gurus and Experts,

My Situation is as below:
1. My family and me entered UK in Jan 2012 on a Tier 2 ICT Long term.
2. My spouse is the primary applicant and me and my kid are the dependents.
3. I got employed in UK in June 2012
4. My kid was 4.5 years old when we entered the country and now is 5.5 years old
5. After having completed 1 year of formal education in UK, now the child insists that to continue here in UK itself for a permanent term and not willing to return back to India.
6. Our current situation is, my spouse's project may get over in 2 or 3 months and we may have to return back to India.

7. But the child says a big NO to return back.
8. Pretty much likes the education system here and doesnt want to go back to the Indian education system.

Q) Is there any possibility to apply for settlement under this consideration ?

Many Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:25 pm

No. Tell him to sit in the naughty chair and definitely no sweets!

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:55 am

Is that question for real!!??

The government and its laws do not work based on the whims and fancies of a 5 year old child!

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:05 am

Well, yes. just wanted to know on basis of humanitarian consideration.

Thanks for your input.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:00 pm

I completely doubt the child has even expressed himself on that matter and that the question was driven by the parents' desire to remain themselves. Well, unfortunately, you don't have an anchor baby so you'll have to make ILR.

manchi_boi
BANNED

Post by manchi_boi » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:08 pm

hsmp1412 wrote:Is that question for real!!??

The government and its laws do not work based on the whims and fancies of a 5 year old child!
hope ur grands r still alive, FYI ,ask them did they got bloody visa to enter our countries...no bad feelings, but hate it when people make fun of others. if u cant help then atleast dnt say anything unmotivational tht hurt ppl's feeling. never mind look at who is talkin.. check ur history, 'Human' killers.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:02 pm

manchi_boi your post makes no sense...and you appear to have completely misunderstood hsmp1412's post. Your post however is offensive..please don't continue in the same manner.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: Settlement Possible Based on Child's insistence ?

Post by ukforever » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:10 am

aja wrote:Hello gurus and Experts,

My Situation is as below:
1. My family and me entered UK in Jan 2012 on a Tier 2 ICT Long term.
2. My spouse is the primary applicant and me and my kid are the dependents.
3. I got employed in UK in June 2012
4. My kid was 4.5 years old when we entered the country and now is 5.5 years old
5. After having completed 1 year of formal education in UK, now the child insists that to continue here in UK itself for a permanent term and not willing to return back to India.
6. Our current situation is, my spouse's project may get over in 2 or 3 months and we may have to return back to India.

7. But the child says a big NO to return back.
8. Pretty much likes the education system here and doesnt want to go back to the Indian education system.

Q) Is there any possibility to apply for settlement under this consideration ?

Many Thanks

hi aja,this would answer your question more clearly ..!!it will make sense after you read the article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... arman.html
UK------++++-------****

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:36 pm

This link refers to a reverse situation. We're not talking about children being sent away from the UK with the parents staying. In this case the child doesn't want to leave his UK school to return with his parents to their home country.
There's no way that an application for the family to remain here based on the whim of a child would succeed.