ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Lawyer with Same Day Appointments

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rakeno
Newly Registered

Immigration Lawyer with Same Day Appointments

Post by rakeno » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:37 am

If anyone has used a reasonable priced immigration Lawyer just for a same day appointment please let me know. Everyone I called is quoting 600 to 1000GBP.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Immigration Lawyer with Same Day Appointments

Post by kiranchinnu » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:04 am

rakeno wrote:If anyone has used a reasonable priced immigration Lawyer just for a same day appointment please let me know. Everyone I called is quoting 600 to 1000GBP.
List of advisors :

http://oisc.homeoffice.gov.uk/how_to_fi ... _advisers/
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 am

Hi Rakeno,

Even I was going to go with a solicitor at first, however, Kevin24 talked me out of it and I applied personally instead with no issues.

Do you have a complicated case? If yes, then go ahead find one.

If not, keep posting your queries on this forum and all members will pitch in to help you in whatever way possible.

Good Luck!
gen

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:34 am

genuflexion wrote:Hi Rakeno,

Even I was going to go with a solicitor at first, however, Kevin24 talked me out of it and I applied personally instead with no issues.

If not, keep posting your queries on this forum and all members will pitch in to help you in whatever way possible.

Good Luck!
Thank you for your kind words. Before going to the Solicitor please ensure as to where you stand with your application. I am sure the Forum Members can help you with some valuable advise.Don't waste your money unnecessarily.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:57 am

rakeno wrote:If anyone has used a reasonable priced immigration Lawyer just for a same day appointment please let me know. Everyone I called is quoting 600 to 1000GBP.
Hi, as pointed out by others it will only make sense to go with a law firm if you have a complicated case.

I understand that you are thinking that getting an online appointment in not easy. Although that is correct but that doesn't warranty you going for a solicitor just for the appointments. If you look for appointments 42 days prior then best time to look for appointments is midnight. If you want to book an appointment for the coming few days then book it anytime throughout the day. The key is being patient.

Hope this helps.

For the docs to be submitted etc the forum is there to help.

But again I if your case is genuinely not straight forward then by all means go for a law firm.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

rakeno
Newly Registered

Post by rakeno » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:58 am

genuflexion wrote:Hi Rakeno,

Good Luck!
Thank you Genuflexion, I need a Same Day appointment not really legal advice my case is straightforward but I would like to avoid the hassle with the appointment system.

rakeno
Newly Registered

Post by rakeno » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:00 pm

uksettlement wrote:
Hi, as pointed out by others it will only make sense to go with a law firm if you have a complicated case.

I understand that you are thinking that getting an online appointment in not easy. Although that is correct but that doesn't warranty you going for a solicitor just for the appointments. If you look for appointments 42 days prior then best time to look for appointments is midnight. If you want to book an appointment for the coming few days then book it anytime throughout the day. The key is being patient.

Hope this helps.

For the docs to be submitted etc the forum is there to help.

But again I if your case is genuinely not straight forward then by all means go for a law firm.
Thank you, I will try your suggestions.

ashpan23
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashpan23 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:23 pm

rakeno wrote:
Thank you, I will try your suggestions.
Try it now. I can see lots of appointment :D for all offices Solihull,Croydon and Liverpool

rakeno
Newly Registered

Post by rakeno » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:52 pm

Thanks for your help guys I was patient and got an appointment at Liverpool PEO. :D