ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lola56uk

Re: 14 years ILR

Post by lola56uk » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Oh well I called them this morning and gave them a ear full !!!!! some of the operators are not experience and do not have a clue about immigrations.
I have another application pending with the HO and I have sent a complaint on the 19th of Nov relating to that , I am awaiting 12 weeks before escalating it to the ombudsman, as I have not received info on that. Complaint on the basis that I have been awaiting decision since Dec 2007.

Anyways I am putting a lot of hope into the application submitted last July, according to my calculation its now 6 months 14 days since I submitted... the waiting game begins (calculation based on date acknowledgment received)

missmykid
Newly Registered

Post by missmykid » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:45 am

just found this on whatdotheyknow.com search for ukba
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 5.pdf.html

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:00 pm

Hello missmykid thanks for sharing - my question is what next? Will they work hard to ensure that our cases are dealt with quickly or will they just ignore everything and carry on as usual?

I thought my case was pretty straightforward and should have been dealt with much quicker - I entered this country legally and stayed partly legally and partly illegaly, worked with my own name for over 21 years and paid NI / taxes all these years and have enough paperwork to show for each year that I have lived here and do not have a criminal record ....

Hopeful2

Invalid applications and timelines

Post by Hopeful2 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:48 pm

Hello all, just thought I would share this information with you. I just found out that because my application was returned to me in October as I had left out some information, and I returned it in October, my original July application date became invalid and my new application date is now October, which explains why I have not heard from HO following my Biometric submission in November. Looks like the clock started for me in October so now I am officially 3 months into my application instead of 6 months. Now I need to relax and wait another 3 months for a decision.

If any of you have experienced a similar situation like mine, then I suggest you relax and not stress - for those who have not had any incidents like mine and have passed their 6 month mark, I hope you hear from HO soon with ILR.

lola56uk

Re: Invalid applications and timelines

Post by lola56uk » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:19 am

Hopeful2 wrote:Hello all, just thought I would share this information with you. I just found out that because my application was returned to me in October as I had left out some information, and I returned it in October, my original July application date became invalid and my new application date is now October, which explains why I have not heard from HO following my Biometric submission in November. Looks like the clock started for me in October so now I am officially 3 months into my application instead of 6 months. Now I need to relax and wait another 3 months for a decision.

If any of you have experienced a similar situation like mine, then I suggest you relax and not stress - for those who have not had any incidents like mine and have passed their 6 month mark, I hope you hear from HO soon with ILR.
Hello There - Sorry to hear about the extended wait, how did you hear about this mishap. Did you write to UKBA Liverpool team.

I have decided to write to "SET 0" team to enquire about my case with the Liverpool team regarding 14 year application and Chief Exec , Chief immigration officer and contact in Becket house ( report monthly) regarding my older case for ILR outside immigration rules submitted in Dec-07.

I submitted a official complaint regarding my Dec-07 application in November-11 via email to UKBA ; received no response , awaiting 2 weeks extra before referring it to the Ombudsman. Ombudsman recommends giving UKBA 14weeks to reply despite UKBA stating clearly they will get back to you within 21 days.

My guess is for those waiting for a decision over the last few years ; start exerting force to UKBA from all angle and hopefully they will answer one way.

lola56uk

Re: Invalid applications and timelines

Post by lola56uk » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:26 am

My guess is for those waiting for a decision over the last few years ; start exerting force to UKBA from all angle and hopefully they will answer one way.[/quote]

Below is a letter I will send to them on Monday Morning....

To Whom It May Concern:
RE – ILR based on 14 years continuous residence

As it is now over 6 months since I submitted my application for the above case reference number. I am writing to enquire when the above application with Case Reference Number: ********* will be completed.

According to the UKBA website it states “95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date.”

I believe I fall into both categories; as a confirmation was distributed on the 16th of July 2012 hence making it:
• 194 days
Or
• 6 months, 10 days including the above end date
Or
• 27 weeks (rounded down)
From and including: Monday, July 16, 2012 and including: Friday, January 25, 2013

For your reference, I have summarised my application summary process below:

• Application with Payment by card posted - 07/07/ 2012
• Application Confirmation received from UKBA - 16/07/12
• Sent Life in the UK test , in addition a new payment by cheque with covering letter from bank stating new card was issued as old card had expired - 08/08/12
• Cheque for £991 debited from my account - 31/08/2012
• Biometrics Invitation Dated - 06/09/12
• Biometrics letters received by Solicitors - 12/09/12
• Biometrics sent to UKBA - 19/09/02

If you need anymore information regarding this matter; please do not hesitate to contact me via any of the above details.

Yours sincerely
MR *******

NB: I am copying this letter to my Member of Parliament and Mr Rob Whiteman - Chief Executive) for clarity purposes.

lola56uk

FLR (0).

Post by lola56uk » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Hello - I got a phone call this morning asking me to come for an interview next week in regards to the FLR (0) application . The interview is on Thursday and I am quite scared , kinda like going for a. Job interview.

Hopeful2

Re: FLR (0).

Post by Hopeful2 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:49 pm

lola56uk wrote:Hello - I got a phone call this morning asking me to come for an interview next week in regards to the FLR (0) application . The interview is on Thursday and I am quite scared , kinda like going for a. Job interview.
Hello lola56uk, you have been asked to go in for an interview? Is this part of the normal process? Did you send them the letter? Also I thought you had applied for ILR iro 14 years continuous residence so where does the FLR come from? I hope your interview goes well - please can you give us more information i.e. why you applied for FLR and not ILR etc. Who knows they may grant you ILR or FLR after the interview - fingers crossed eh!!

I found out about my timeline re October resubmission through a friend who's a Lawyer.

lola56uk

Re: FLR (0).

Post by lola56uk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:40 am

Hopeful2 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:Hello - I got a phone call this morning asking me to come for an interview next week in regards to the FLR (0) application . The interview is on Thursday and I am quite scared , kinda like going for a. Job interview.
Hello lola56uk, you have been asked to go in for an interview? Is this part of the normal process? Did you send them the letter? Also I thought you had applied for ILR iro 14 years continuous residence so where does the FLR come from? I hope your interview goes well - please can you give us more information i.e. why you applied for FLR and not ILR etc. Who knows they may grant you ILR or FLR after the interview - fingers crossed eh!!

I found out about my timeline re October resubmission through a friend who's a Lawyer.
I applied for FLR based on ILR outside the immigration rules as I had submitted a 14 year application twice but was refused ; firstly I had filled out wrong form, secondly because when my uncle renewed is passport in 1990 for ILR he claimed I had left whereas I was living with his wife ( my aunt). I was then aided by MP And Solicitor to submit and FLR (0) application in December 2007.

I have been awaiting response since then but no reply; then submitted another application in July -12 to mount pressure on the UK with fresh and valid evidence going back 14 years till 1997 ( could not count years after 1997, as I was served with a 1s95 in 2007, therefore stopping clock)

I am really scared about interview and hope I get a God fearing individual ; will dress up nicely, shave and go with my legal representative and guardian from when I was a teenager.

I did not post letters, and will not post yet. I had MP write to them last week regarding status update ; in addition to this is submitted a formal complaint to UKBA on the 20th of November 2012.

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:09 am

lola56uk, looks like you've been through the mill with this immigration issue - I hope everything comes together for you next Thursday and look forward to you posting that you have been given ILR or FLR - whichever is appropriate.

I still find it a little strange that they are asking for an interview - what does your legal representative say about this?

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:56 am

Hopeful2 wrote:lola56uk, looks like you've been through the mill with this immigration issue - I hope everything comes together for you next Thursday and look forward to you posting that you have been given ILR or FLR - whichever is appropriate.

I still find it a little strange that they are asking for an interview - what does your legal representative say about this?
Well it's not surprising as to why to called me for an interview ; I report monthly to becket in London ; my FLR application was forwarded to the local FLR team to deal with.

I will be meeting my legal representative on Monday ; to go through my file and possible questions. I have been told to just say the truth , smile and not to worry as the case is heavier towards my side. This weekend will be spent getting my facts right as to not get all muddled up in the Interview.

Basically all FLR application was supposed to have been completed in summer of 2009/2010 but ukba had taken more than enough time to allow me to create a private life in the UK since my application in 2007.

The interview is next Wednesday and not Thursday ; I will update you lots as I am walking out of the building.

I have been through a million with the UKBA since first application in 1999 - I have a love hate feeling for them - lol

yumedo

NEW 20 Yrs rule

Post by yumedo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi guy;
I have been preparing for my ILR application under the 20 years long residence rule, which comes to effect just over one month ago. I am happy to share my experience as this is the first such a case in this forum .
According to UKBA ‘s Doc. The only period to be discounted for the times spenting in UK, is time spent in prison, which does not apply to me. An administrative removal ( clock stopping) does not affect long residency catalogue , it only affects other catalogue such as Family life as a partner.
hopeful I got it right

lola56uk

Re: NEW 20 Yrs rule

Post by lola56uk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:08 pm

yumedo wrote:Hi guy;
I have been preparing for my ILR application under the 20 years long residence rule, which comes to effect just over one month ago. I am happy to share my experience as this is the first such a case in this forum .
According to UKBA ‘s Doc. The only period to be discounted for the times spenting in UK, is time spent in prison, which does not apply to me. An administrative removal ( clock stopping) does not affect long residency catalogue , it only affects other catalogue such as Family life as a partner.
hopeful I got it right
You are spot on .. No more stopping the clock by the administrative removal. Please share your story with us.. loads of skilled people on this forum, plus sharing is caring :D

yumedo

Post by yumedo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:46 pm

lola56uk wrote:
hopeful I got it right
You are spot on .. No more stopping the clock by the administrative removal. Please share your story with us.. loads of skilled people on this forum, plus sharing is caring :D
Thanks lola56uk ... good luck for your interview next week..I reckon the best strategy to please the interviewer is to stick with the true.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:29 pm

yumedo wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
hopeful I got it right
Thanks lola56uk ... good luck for your interview next week..I reckon the best strategy to please the interviewer is to stick with the true.
no worries - Please make sure when submitting your application you submit with a cover letter and detailed chronology. Do not be shy to provide more and more info.

Share pictures , share college/ uni or whatever reports you may have , I would suggest you make payment via bankers draft and not cheque or debit card. then wait patiently.

occupy your time by sharing your experience with others on this forum then 6 months later start writing to all parties , Chief Exec, MP, Liverpool team to mount pressure on UKBA to answer you. you never know they might get back to you before time due, we have heard stories like that anyways

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:42 pm

hopeful I got it right
Hello yumedo, I am curious as to why you did not apply under the 14 years long residence rule which would have given you instant ILR instead of going through the 20 year long residency route where you have to endure another 10 years before you can apply for ILR - please can you share your story. I wish you luck with your application and as this is a new thread, you should probably start a brand new thread in this forum under that the 20 year rule - we will log in and support you where we can. The reason I am saying this is that experts from different parts of the forum will be able to give you advise as well.

Hopeful2

20 years long residence

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:47 pm

Hello yumedo, I have started a new 20 years long residence thread for you on the main Forum Index - please post there and I am sure you will get a lot of support - good luck with your application

yumedo

Post by yumedo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:31 am

lola56uk wrote:
yumedo wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
hopeful I got it right
no worries - Please make sure when submitting your application you submit with a cover letter and detailed chronology. Do not be shy to provide more and more info.

Share pictures , share college/ uni or whatever reports you may have , I would suggest you make payment via bankers draft and not cheque or debit card. then wait patiently.

occupy your time by sharing your experience with others on this forum then 6 months later start writing to all parties , Chief Exec, MP, Liverpool team to mount pressure on UKBA to answer you. you never know they might get back to you before time due, we have heard stories like that anyways
Thanks lola for your suggestions ..I will keep them in my mind. I am already gathering supporting material from all aspects of my life. I am also planning to produce a video presentation to entertain the case worker. one picture is better than thousand words. video can do a even better job..

yumedo

Post by yumedo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:49 am

Hopeful2 wrote:
hopeful I got it right
Hello yumedo, I am curious as to why you did not apply under the 14 years long residence rule which would have given you instant ILR instead of going through the 20 year long residency route where you have to endure another 10 years before you can apply for ILR - please can you share your story. I wish you luck with your application and as this is a new thread, you should probably start a brand new thread in this forum under that the 20 year rule - we will log in and support you where we can. The reason I am saying this is that experts from different parts of the forum will be able to give you advise as well.
Hi Hopeful2. Thanks for your suggestions.
The main reason that my immigration statue has been drawn for so long is that There is a Deportation issued against me back in 1996 ( now called administrative removal ). A few years ago. I had consulted several solicitors for the 14 years route , they reluctant to take on my case due to the concerns of the administrative removal . But now under the 20 years rule this does not affect my case any more .

yumedo

Re: 20 years long residence

Post by yumedo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:55 am

Hopeful2 wrote:Hello yumedo, I have started a new 20 years long residence thread for you on the main Forum Index - please post there and I am sure you will get a lot of support - good luck with your application
thankyou for the new thread.do you think it is possible to make it as a sticky.because there should be a dedicated thread for the new law?

Hopeful2

Re: 20 years long residence

Post by Hopeful2 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:34 am

yumedo wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:Hello yumedo, I have started a new 20 years long residence thread for you on the main Forum Index - please post there and I am sure you will get a lot of support - good luck with your application
thankyou for the new thread.do you think it is possible to make it as a sticky.because there should be a dedicated thread for the new law?
Hello, thanks for giving us a little more information about your case. Once again, I wish you luck with your application. I don't know how to make it a sticky - it is something you probably have to investigate.

lola56uk

3 days to my clarification interview

Post by lola56uk » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:12 am

3 days to go till clariffication interview at HO.
I have been going through all documents like I am in uni again , it would be interesting to see what questions I am asked, just got issued with a new passport, should I take this along ? ( old one is expired and with HO).

Hopeful2

Re: 3 days to my clarification interview

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:43 pm

lola56uk wrote:3 days to go till clariffication interview at HO.
I have been going through all documents like I am in uni again , it would be interesting to see what questions I am asked, just got issued with a new passport, should I take this along ? ( old one is expired and with HO).
Hello lola56uk, although they don't put the "stamp" in passports any more, they still need to see it and record the details so it is important that you take it. Remember no matter how difficult the questions may be or how incriminating the answers may seem, answer truthfully. Good luck - we look forward to hearing all the details after Thursday.

lola56uk

Re: 1 days to my clarification interview

Post by lola56uk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:05 am

Hopeful2 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:3 days to go till clariffication interview at HO.
Hello lola56uk, although they don't put the "stamp" in passports any more, they still need to see it and record the details so it is important that you take it. Remember no matter how difficult the questions may be or how incriminating the answers may seem, answer truthfully. Good luck - we look forward to hearing all the details after Thursday.
If granted ILR how do they notify or associate it to a person if not stamped on a passport.
I saw my legal representative last night who will not accompany me but wrote a letter to the Interviewer asking them to grant me ILR based on the following : Time taken to consider application ( 8 years ) , Private Life ( British partner of 11 years & rest of family members ).
He also asked them to provide me a reason if I am declined why so it can be challenged in High Court (My Representative is a former High Court Judge) ; he also noted to in the letter I was served with a Form IS151A but this was not visible in the copy of the Home Office file submitted to us under the Subject Access Bureau provisions.

He stated
“Could you please provide us with a copy through our client? If you are unable to locate the document, then please also confirm this.”

“We trust that you will find this letter useful as you consider our client’s situation. We hope that it can be dealt with quickly. If you are not able to deal with it as a matter of urgency, then please indicate why that is the case, and what documents you require, so that we can consider challenging the reasons for your further delay in the High Court. “

Klow

Post by Klow » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:08 pm

An update.

To Hopeful2:
After few weeks of resolving H.O. confusing of mine and my brother's appications. My brother has got biometric enrolment invitation letter yesterday.

At least we both in different cases now. Hope H.O. won't make any bad surprise to our case anymore.

To Lola56uk:
Wish you all the best for the interview !