ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 1 and job refuse

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

riad2525
Newly Registered

EEA 1 and job refuse

Post by riad2525 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:09 am

Hello,

I have EEA Family permit 1 visa which is expering the end of March. Obviously I going to reniuew it. I didn`t get a job today because the manager said he can`t take me because of my visa expering and the policy said that i must have at least 3 month visa in my passport.
I tried to explane him that I have right to live and work in the UK even that my visa application is with the home office.
How I deal with this kind of situation? Could someone give me any advice or law example?
Thank you very much

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by nidaulhaque » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:55 am

Do u have eea family permit or residence card? Both are different, which country you from and how long u in uk? Was you Woking before?

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:23 am

Apparently you haven't received a CoA yet. That usually confirms your right of work for the period that your application (for a Residence Card) is still undecided and also has a section for employers to explain your status and refers them to the Employer helpline of UKBA.

Unfortunately, many employers are reluctant to take on people whose immigration status is unclear (to them), and given the huge costs they face when they are accused of employing people who do not have the right to work in the UK, you can't really blame them for that.

From your post it seems to me, that you have yourself not a very clear picture about the EEA Regulations, so I'm not surprised that you did not succeed in convincingly explain your rights to a third party.

Can you give more details on your situation, and answer in particular these specific questions:
When and where was your EEA Family Permit issued?
When did you enter the UK using this EEA FP?
Have you already applied for a Residence Card (EEA2), and if so, when?

riad2525
Newly Registered

answer

Post by riad2525 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:16 pm

thank you very much

here my answers

my visa issued in 23 september 2012 and will exipred 22 march 2013
and im enter in uk in 31 oct 2012
and i did not apply for EEA 2 yet

waiting for answering

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:11 pm

You will not be able to apply for a renewal of your Family Permit - you will have to make a fresh application and it will be determined on the facts as they then exist.

It must be applied for outside of the UK (not neccesarily in your country of origin).

Better to apply for a Residence Card while you are in the UK and in possession of a valid, legitimately obtained Family Permit.

riad2525
Newly Registered

Post by riad2525 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:37 pm

why i cant renewe my visa???

i have right to ask for EEA2 because now im hold EEA1 on my passport and still not expired yet

and my question was not about renewe or not my question was about how i deal with work with EEA 1 visa soon expired

thank you very much

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by nidaulhaque » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:40 pm

first of all you dont have eea1 on your passport its eea permit which will allow you to enter in uk thats all.

Now you need to apply residence card eea2.

can you please answer following.

which country are you from?
is your eea family member currently working? or exercising treaty right?

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:42 pm

@riad2525, I don't know what is now the best course of action, but you should have applied for a Residence Card as soon as possible after entering the UK. It is not required by law to have a Residence Card, but life can be very cumbersome without it, as you are now finding out the hard way.

Although a Residence Card is in fact merely a confirmation of rights that you have acquired automatically under the EEA Regulations, you cannot expect that arbitrary third parties are willing (or able) to verify if you do indeed meet all the requirements.

If I were you, I would at least no longer delay the application for a Residence Card. You could have done that three months ago already. Once you have a CoA, it's a lot easier to convince potential employers that you can work legally in the UK.

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:36 pm

riad2525 wrote:why i cant renewe my visa???
Because its not a visa - its a form of entry clearance similar to a visa that can only be applied for and issued outside the UK.

Its quite amazing that you have managed to acquire a Family Permit without having any idea what it actually means.

Lucky man. Don't forget your lottery ticket tonight.

ahmad_785

Post by ahmad_785 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:55 pm

wao when i was reading from top i was like how on earth eea1 (thats for e.u nationals) he cant get a job and then i read every thing and realized this guy doesn't have a clue what he holds
so for the op my love i think you don't hold eea1.what others are telling you its right.
hmmmmm

i forgot my SIGNATURE :)

riad2525
Newly Registered

Post by riad2525 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:42 pm

yes i holde a family permit visa on my passport you have right

so i will apply for EEA 2 SOON

thank you very much

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by nidaulhaque » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Yes, make sure your eea family member using treaty rights otherwise it will refuse