ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Apli111
Newly Registered

Reason for Abscence for naturalisation application

Post by Apli111 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:40 am

Hi,
I have been away from UK for about 385 days consecutively (as I went to look after my parents who were unwell).I have few queries with regards to my naturalisation application (planning to submit tomorrow IA through NCS):
1. In section 1.17 of form AN where you mention about pervious addresses of last 5 years, do I need to mention my Pakistani address?
2. In section 2.2 and in the column of reason of visit for the same time period, should I write visiting relatives?
3. My wife covers her head for religious reasons. Is picture with head scarf acceptable?
Many thanks

sarvath
Newly Registered

AN form and documents (EEA citizen)

Post by sarvath » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi all
I am just about to file the BC application and I am confused by the guidelines on what documents I need.
I am EEA citizen and I already have the permanent residence certificate - holding it for more than a year now.
In such case what documents do I need to submit with the AN form, just my passport, the LitUK test certificate and the permanent residence card or do I also need something to show 5 years worth of residency and payslips etc?
Or documents covering just the last year (since obtaining PR?)
I have full history of bank statements for last 6 years but if not required I would rather not send 150 pages...
Also I don't think I have any Border Agency number but is that not something I can get from the permanent residence card...?
Also I took LitUK test with my national ID card but I lost it since :( so I need to send my passport - would that be a problem as it says I should send the same id I used for the test.
Thanks.

zubair_hr

Re: AN-Application filling queries

Post by zubair_hr » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:12 am

Hi, I am due to apply for BC on 5 years residency qualifying period. Just few questions I have if you could please clarify.

1. I was given £60 Fixed Penalty and have 3 points on driving licence due to driving vehicle with FLAT tyre? Do I need to give this information in Criminal convictions section or it is not considered as Criminal Conviction.

2. We recently had our first child :D , as I hold ILR and a Pakistani PP I have three sub questions regards to my daughter's immigration status.

2.1 In current circumstances where i have ILR and Pakistani PP. Does my daughter hold a British Citizenship?

2.2 If I am going to apply for my daughter's PP before I am awarded BC, would that be a Pakistani Passport (PP)?

2.3 Once I have received BC status, would my daughter automatically be given BC status as well.

Thank you for you advice.

b52

Good character mystery

Post by b52 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:53 pm

hi,

Friend of mine want to apply for citizenship. He does not have criminal conviction. Back in 2009, police arrested him on fraud charges, they investigated case for 3 months and then dropped charges as there was no enough evidence .
With reference to home office AN form section 3.16 which states
"Have you ever engaged in any other activities which might indicate that you may not be considered a person of
good character? "

What should he fill here , Yes or No.

Please advise.
regards

onetowatch20
Newly Registered

EEA Family Member

Post by onetowatch20 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi,

I have searched the site and can't find an answer to my question... I am the Family Member of an EEA national and would like to know how to fill in sections 2.4 & 2.5. Am i required to enter the information of my EEA partner, or is this information about myself?
The AN application form is quite confusing when it comes to this section. It says "you" but I have a feeling it should be the information of my EEA partner.

I would of course be including my EEA partner's PR Document with the application which would confirm the six year requirement and prove treaty rights in the UK.

Brian

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA Family Member

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:53 pm

onetowatch20 wrote:Hi,

I have searched the site and can't find an answer to my question... I am the Family Member of an EEA national and would like to know how to fill in sections 2.4 & 2.5. Am i required to enter the information of my EEA partner, or is this information about myself?
The AN application form is quite confusing when it comes to this section. It says "you" but I have a feeling it should be the information of my EEA partner.

I would of course be including my EEA partner's PR Document with the application which would confirm the six year requirement and prove treaty rights in the UK.

Brian
See here.

onetowatch20
Newly Registered

Post by onetowatch20 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:17 pm

Thanks Jambo! That's perfect

goldridgeg

Post by goldridgeg » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:22 pm

I have got my approval through today so happy. Would just like to give some advice to those applying.

The application is so straight forward. Just have the form and guidance, i did it myself. Also, i sent in more info than they needed - My entire immigration history since 1995 (passport etc) - even after being out the country for 8 years. My thinking was rather give them more than they need, even if they might not need it...I even took a copy of my credit report to send off...

Lastly, a big thank you to all on this site. It gave me piece of mind reading others comments. Good luck to those still waiting and hang in their

RLMY

Help with Question on employment

Post by RLMY » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:53 pm

I wd be not employed at the time of my application which is next month. What should i write here and also whether that wd affect my application. I have been employed for 5 and a half years since the start of WP.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Help with Question on employment

Post by vinitmanu » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:40 pm

RLMY wrote:I wd be not employed at the time of my application which is next month. What should i write here and also whether that wd affect my application. I have been employed for 5 and a half years since the start of WP.
Are you talking about Naturalisation application? If yes, being employed is not a requirement for Naturalisation.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

Aborigine
Newly Registered

Post by Aborigine » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Hello Guys ,
I have a little question about good character requirements.
I am married to a British citizen and have ILR and about to apply for my citizenship soon.

Home Office says ;

Your financial background

We will check that you pay income tax and National Insurance contributions. We may ask HM Revenue & Customs for confirmation of this.

My question is that if I havent paid enough income tax and National Insurance contributions would my application get refused ?
Is there a certain amount how much should we have paid within last 3 years .
i checked every page of home office but could not find anything about that.

What are your opinions folks ? please share your opinions.

Thanks in advance .

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:51 pm

Aborigine wrote:Hello Guys ,
I have a little question about good character requirements.
I am married to a British citizen and have ILR and about to apply for my citizenship soon.

Home Office says ;

Your financial background

We will check that you pay income tax and National Insurance contributions. We may ask HM Revenue & Customs for confirmation of this.

My question is that if I havent paid enough income tax and National Insurance contributions would my application get refused ?
Is there a certain amount how much should we have paid within last 3 years .
i checked every page of home office but could not find anything about that.

What are your opinions folks ? please share your opinions.

Thanks in advance .
Did you legally pay the Tax and NI that you were entitled to? Also, being in employment is not a criteria for Naturalisation.

Aborigine
Newly Registered

Post by Aborigine » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Hello vinitmanu thanks for your swift reply,

Yes since i arrived i have been working legally but i also worked in some temporary part-time jobs.

I didnt work illegaly or cash in hand but when i read that home office page it made me wonder about the tax issue .

Link is as below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... character/

Thanks again for your reply.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Aborigine wrote:Hello vinitmanu thanks for your swift reply,

Yes since i arrived i have been working legally but i also worked in some temporary part-time jobs.

I didnt work illegaly or cash in hand but when i read that home office page it made me wonder about the tax issue .

Link is as below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... character/

Thanks again for your reply.
That sounds fine to me. As I said, even being in employment is not a requirement for Naturalisation.

sully
Newly Registered

Post by sully » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi guys

I would like to know when I can submit application for citizenship. I have received my ILR on 02.02.2013. I have applied on 28.06.2012 and my ILR showing a expiry date on 28.06.2022 and issue date is 02.02.2013. I would like to know when will my one year on ILR will complete. On 28.06.2013 or on 02.02.2013?

Thank you

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:41 pm

sully wrote:Hi guys

I would like to know when I can submit application for citizenship. I have received my ILR on 02.02.2013. I have applied on 28.06.2012 and my ILR showing a expiry date on 28.06.2022 and issue date is 02.02.2013. I would like to know when will my one year on ILR will complete. On 28.06.2013 or on 02.02.2013?

Thank you
Check the discussion here - Naturalization Minimum Residency.

macgyver

How many photographs for AN form

Post by macgyver » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:38 pm

I am submitting my AN form for me and my wife. Could not get an appointment at NCS when both of us are free.
2 quick questions:
1. Do I need only one photograph per applicat attached to the form?
2. I used my driving license as photo ID for life in UK test: Do I need to send my driving license as well with my application along with passports?

Thanks a lot

onetowatch20
Newly Registered

Post by onetowatch20 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:26 am

Hi
I am an EEA family member and am coming up to applying for BC. I obtained PR in August of last year (EEA4) and my EEA partner obtained it in March last year (EEA3).
If I make an application on the basis of the family member of an EEA national can I apply next month with the PR card of my EEA partner? I assume we won't need to provide all the evidence of exercising treaty rights because that has already been proven and the PR card issued (EEA3).
I am concerned they may get confused by my own PR card which was issued in August and obviously will be less than the 1 year requirement.

I hope all that makes sense. Thanks for any info you may have.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:39 am

If I make an application on the basis of the family member of an EEA national can I apply next month with the PR card of my EEA partner?
Did you actually start exercising Treaty Rights in the UK at the same time as your EEA partner? I ask because of course it is possible that your partner came to the UK first, followed by you later, and if that is the case then the date you have help PR status will be different from your partner.
John

onetowatch20
Newly Registered

Post by onetowatch20 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:45 am

Ah yes, we both arrived at the same time and have been here for just over six years now. At the end of March it will be one year since my EEA partner received the PR card (six years and two months since we both arrived).

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:40 pm

onetowatch20 wrote:Ah yes, we both arrived at the same time and have been here for just over six years now. At the end of March it will be one year since my EEA partner received the PR card (six years and two months since we both arrived).
Just explain the situation (that you have applied after 5 years but it took the HO 6 months to confirm your PR) and you will be fine. I would imagine they are familiar with the delay with European applications.

Aborigine
Newly Registered

Post by Aborigine » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Hello friends , would you be kind enough to answer my question?
How do we pay for British citizenship application ? i checked Form AN and i could not see any payment section.

Do i need to print Fees leaflet and attach it to Form AN ? or send Fees leaflet separately?

Can you please explain the whole process ? i am completely confused.

Thanks so much in advance.

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Hello All,

Quick two questions please.

1) I got Permanent Residence card on 4th April 2012, When can I apply for Naturalisation, 3rd April 2013 or 28 days in advance?

2) Do I have to provide all the 5 years proofs again that I sent for Permanent Residence documents or just the proofs after the PR until now?

Thanks in advance.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:08 pm

cutepearl wrote:Hello All,

Quick two questions please.

1) I got Permanent Residence card on 4th April 2012, When can I apply for Naturalisation, 3rd April 2013 or 28 days in advance?

2) Do I have to provide all the 5 years proofs again that I sent for Permanent Residence documents or just the proofs after the PR until now?

Thanks in advance.
1) the earliest you can apply is on 4th April, 2013. There is no 28 days advance rule for naturalisation as in ILR

2) you don't really need to send any financial documents truly speaking as earning is not a requirement for naturalisation. Please go through the guide and a leaflet at the end of the AN form explains the list of documents required.

macgyver

Post by macgyver » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:40 am

Aborigine wrote:Hello friends , would you be kind enough to answer my question?
How do we pay for British citizenship application ? i checked Form AN and i could not see any payment section.

Do i need to print Fees leaflet and attach it to Form AN ? or send Fees leaflet separately?

Can you please explain the whole process ? i am completely confused.

Thanks so much in advance.
You can print the fees leaflet and send it with the form.
Do not attach it to the form

HTH