ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need bank account for wife & utility bills etc, advice?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Need bank account for wife & utility bills etc, advice?

Post by Hakim1984 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Hello,

I tried putting my wife on my bank account, the bank wont do it unless she has some sort of ID and utiltity bill ( she has passport for I.D) I got her name on TV license but they wont send out a bill until the old one has ran out. I need to start getting statements in her name now so when I apply for ILR she has evidence she has been living with me in set periods.. So far she only has letters from the doctor/ NI and a few wage slips.

My mum tried putting her on the council Tax, but the bills don't show the occupants. She also cant be put on the electrol roll for some weird reason, think the reason was she was a non-eu person or because she is not settled here.

Anyone have any ideas what quick bills I could try and get so i can get her a bank account asap. (currently trying electricity company now)

Thanks for the help.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm

A Post Office account may be more flexible with documents.

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Post by Hakim1984 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:55 pm

Thank you Casa!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:18 pm

La shokran ala wejib. You're welcome. :wink:
If your wife needs any help with settling in, just PM me.