ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa holder got married outside the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

legorn
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa holder got married outside the UK

Post by legorn » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Hello,

Last year I got the extension to my tier 1 visa for two more years. In December, I got married (only the civil wedding) in my home country (Venezuela). When I came back to the UK two weeks ago, I sent a copy of my marriage certificate (with official translation) along with copies from my passport and brp to the pertinent UKBA address.

I did this so that the UKBA could have in their records that I am married before my wife applies for a dependant visa from Venezuela. However, I have not received any letter from the border agency stating that they got my documents. Does anyone have any idea of how long it takes?

Also, will I receive my marriage certificate back or they will keep it?

I tried to call them but there are no options in the ivr menu for enquiries such as this one.

Thanks for your help

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:51 pm

All those documents could have been submitted at the time of application itself, there was no need to inform UKBA that you were married seperately from the dependent leave application
Manka

Mela

Re: Tier 1 Visa holder got married outside the UK

Post by Mela » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:58 pm

legorn wrote:Hello,

Last year I got the extension to my tier 1 visa for two more years. In December, I got married (only the civil wedding) in my home country (Venezuela). When I came back to the UK two weeks ago, I sent a copy of my marriage certificate (with official translation) along with copies from my passport and brp to the pertinent UKBA address.

I did this so that the UKBA could have in their records that I am married before my wife applies for a dependant visa from Venezuela. However, I have not received any letter from the border agency stating that they got my documents. Does anyone have any idea of how long it takes?

Also, will I receive my marriage certificate back or they will keep it?

I tried to call them but there are no options in the ivr menu for enquiries such as this one.

Thanks for your help
Agree with the poster above you shouldnt have sent anything at all at this point. Didi you sent the original or copy? If you sent an original then there is a high possibility it could get lost, given that you dont have a case yet and the document even coulnt be assigned.

legorn
Newly Registered

Post by legorn » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:09 pm

I'm in UK and my dependant would apply from a different country.

Anyway, it was a change in circumstances. Hence, I submitted that form to UKBA. This was also the advise I got from this forum some time ago.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:08 pm

No where it says that you need to inform UKBA if you get married, change of circumstances would be more relevant if it directly affects your LTR or your personal details etc
Manka