ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Family visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sonu1983
Newly Registered

Tourist Family visa

Post by sonu1983 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:10 pm

Hi All,

Hope all are doing great!! My sister and family are planning to visit London this April, So she has all other documents except marriage certificate because it was a love marriage in a Temple where they gave a registration paper which is totally in Malayalam. When they took the same to corporation office,they couldn't help them really to convert it into a marriage certificate because it was done in temple.

So now my question is can they apply for family visa without marriage certificate? Has one any one go visa without it ,please help me out.

I am sure malayalam registration from temple is not going to work . Please advice!!

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:02 pm

It would be useful if you could say who the family member is that will be sponsoring this visit. As it stands, I can't see the relevance of the long-winded marriage tale you have posted.

sonu1983
Newly Registered

Post by sonu1983 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:41 pm

Its my hubby sponsering for them and she too is working in Kerala.

DO you think marriage certificate is not an issue for tourist visa?

sonu1983
Newly Registered

Post by sonu1983 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:42 pm

My sis ,hubby and 2 kids are planning to come!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:23 pm

What is your husbands (i.e. sponsor) immigration status?

If he is settled in the UK (i.e. is a British Citizen or holds ILR), then your relatives may apply as family visitors. If not they should apply as General Visitors.

Have you read the information available under? If not, I would suggest that you do: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /visiting/

sonu1983
Newly Registered

Post by sonu1983 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:56 pm

We have Tier 1 visa valid for 3 more yrs.I have read every other thing...even my mom was her for 6 mths. I just want to know about marriage certificate and nothing else.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:24 am

I cannot answer your question about whether the marriage certificate you mention will be acceptable or not. However, I have no idea what you intend to use that marriage certificate for as part of this visit visa application. You may want to clarify that, for others here to understand whether it is actually required at all.

See the following to understand what documentation your family will need to submit as part of their visit visa application and also what your husband will need to submit as their sponsor. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sitors.pdf

sonu1983
Newly Registered

Post by sonu1983 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Well in that it says evidence of marital status for which my sister has to produce her marriage certificate right? So how will she produce a different language one ? That is my question.

My doubt is can she translate the registered certificate in malayalam into English and notarise it. Is that approved in the visa processing?