ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Needed In Varying Application to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aakkoo
Pakistan

Help Needed In Varying Application to ILR

Post by aakkoo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Dear Friends

I find this forum v useful and will appreciate if helped by some senior guys.

Currently i am on Tier 1 and will file for Tier 1 extension. After a month of filing for extension i will b eligilble for 10 year ILR.

I want to know few things

1) Procedure for Varying my application to ILR as my Tier 1 application will b in process (by procedure i mean how i will inform HO i want to vary my application. Is there any special form for varying the application.

2) Do i have to pay for both Tier 1 and ILR application fee

I will really appreciate if some 1 can help me out.
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

SamratJha
Newly Registered

Post by SamratJha » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:06 pm

I have similar situation, just want to know if it is possible.. I mean varying tier1 extension into ilr.

migrant80

Re:

Post by migrant80 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:18 pm

SamratJha wrote:I have similar situation, just want to know if it is possible.. I mean varying tier1 extension into ilr.
dear friend
have u got any update regarding ur variation?plz inform me. as i m also trying to vary my application from tier1 ent to SET LR but home office have returned my SET LR form saying payment detail page not filled.thanks

aakkoo
Pakistan

Re: Re:

Post by aakkoo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:15 pm

migrant80 wrote:
SamratJha wrote:I have similar situation, just want to know if it is possible.. I mean varying tier1 extension into ilr.
dear friend
have u got any update regarding ur variation?plz inform me. as i m also trying to vary my application from tier1 ent to SET LR but home office have returned my SET LR form saying payment detail page not filled.thanks
The day i became eligible for ILR on 10 Year basis i sent a SET (LR) with a covering letter to vary my case from Tier 1 to SET (LR). I paid full fees for the set (LR) and after a decision i got refund for my initial Tier 1 application. I did the same for my wife application as well from tier 1 dependent to FLR (M) and also for got the refund for her initial application. Some people just payed the difference of the application but i did know there outcome.

Just send the application again with correct payment page. If you are worried the card will be declined send a check its a safer option. Any thing else you want to ask let me know.

migrant80

Re: Help Needed In Varying Application to ILR

Post by migrant80 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:02 pm

thanks a lot for ur reply.
after decision how to request for refund by letter or email?how did you requested plz inform me.
in guidence it says if original application fee is higher than new application then no need to pay again.
as i have already paid tier (ent) fee which is same as of SET LR then according to guidance they should not return my form and asking for fee payment for set lr.
any idea about this?
anyway i will send form again with payment tomorrow and hopefully they will accept my variation request.
again thanks for your help.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:30 am

migrant80 wrote:thanks a lot for ur reply.
after decision how to request for refund by letter or email?how did you requested plz inform me.
in guidence it says if original application fee is higher than new application then no need to pay again.
as i have already paid tier (ent) fee which is same as of SET LR then according to guidance they should not return my form and asking for fee payment for set lr.
any idea about this?
anyway i will send form again with payment tomorrow and hopefully they will accept my variation request.
again thanks for your help.
Did you wrote covering letter and explained them y u r not paying for the set (LR) bcoz some people have done this way as well. Any way as soon as i was confirmed that they have varied my case then i wrote a letter to:

Charging Operations
NEYH Region
UKBA
Level 4
Vulcan House (Steel)
Sheffield
S3 8WA

for the refund. After that i even confirmed that they have received my request for the refund. After the successful outcome of the my set (LR) i got the refund after 2-3 weeks but i had to chase for the wife application refund and in the end i got that as well. The refund comes in the form of check.

Hope that helps

Meghanand
Newly Registered

Post by Meghanand » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:04 am

Hello aakkoo,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I was searching for a success story after varying an application since a long time. However can you please tell me if you had a valid visa while varying your application or you were covered by 3c leave? And one thing more, did you vary your application 28 days before 10 years or after crossing 10 years?
Thank you. Your answer will be much appreciated.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:08 pm

Meghanand wrote:Hello aakkoo,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I was searching for a success story after varying an application since a long time. However can you please tell me if you had a valid visa while varying your application or you were covered by 3c leave? And one thing more, did you vary your application 28 days before 10 years or after crossing 10 years?
I sent my Tier 1 application a day before the Visa expiry which was in june 2013 and i was completing my 10 years in 1 week of Sept 2013. So there was almost 2 and a half month gap to complete my LR time. I applied exactly a day after completing my 10 years but people were advising me i can vary 28 or less days before.

Meghanand
Newly Registered

Post by Meghanand » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:23 pm

aakkoo wrote:
Meghanand wrote:Hello aakkoo,
I sent my Tier 1 application a day before the Visa expiry which was in june 2013 and i was completing my 10 years in 1 week of Sept 2013. So there was almost 2 and a half month gap to complete my LR time. I applied exactly a day after completing my 10 years but people were advising me i can vary 28 or less days before.
Thanks for your reply. How long did the variation process take? Was it straightforward or complex? Can you please share your experience as I am also planning to vary my application? I would be much grateful.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:15 am

When my 10 years completed i posted a set (LR) form with a covering letter to vary my Tier 1 application to LR and my wife application to FLR (M) as her visa was expired with me. HO sent a letter to my wife asking which application we want to proceed with and we replied to proceed with FLR (M) but i did not get any letter. But i confirmed with HO over the phone that they are proceeding with LR application.

anthropos
Newly Registered

Post by anthropos » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:50 am

[quote="aakkoo"][quote="Meghanand"]Hello aakkoo,
Thank you. Your answer will be much appreciated.[/quote]

I sent my Tier 1 application a day before the Visa expiry which was in june 2013 and i was completing my 10 years in 1 week of Sept 2013. So there was almost 2 and a half month gap to complete my LR time. I applied exactly a day after completing my 10 years but people were advising me i can vary 28 or less days before.[/quote]

Dear aakkoo,

How did you cover 2 and a half month gap? Did you give your biometrics before varying your application?

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:27 pm

Dear Anthropos,

After two weeks of application submission i got biometric letter which i delayed and then they send me another biometric letter which i give on the last date of expiry. Only 5 days short of 10 years. On completion varied my application to LR.

But you can apply within 28 days of completion of 10 years.

anthropos
Newly Registered

Post by anthropos » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:35 pm

[quote="aakkoo"]Dear Anthropos,

After two weeks of application submission i got biometric letter which i delayed and then they send me another biometric letter which i give on the last date of expiry. Only 5 days short of 10 years. On completion varied my application to LR.

But you can apply within 28 days of completion of 10 years.[/quote]

Dear aakkoo,
Thanks for the reply.
I am short of 29 days to make my 10 years long residence. If I subtract 28 days, just 1 day short.
Do you think I can apply for ILR 29 days before the completion of 10 years without varying application and then delay biometrics?