ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHAT BENEFITS I CAN CLAIM?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salman4uall
Newly Registered

WHAT BENEFITS I CAN CLAIM?

Post by salman4uall » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Dear Boarders, i got my ILR accepted 4th feb 2013 on tier 1 five years basis with my wife and a daughter under 6 yrs

I also have a son who is under 2 years and he born in UK( he only have indian passport but no visa stamp), also my wife is due again in march 2013.

My questions>

What benefits i can claim? ( my annual income is around 25k, my wife is house wife she dont work)

if i can claim benefits, can i straight away apply for it or i have to wait until i get my Bio-metric card.

can i apply for my son british passport now, if yes how can i do it?

i will really appreciate if you reply me

Thanks in Advance

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:19 pm

ok...

go to turn2us.org.uk

enter your details in the calculator:

possible benefits:

Child tax credit
working tax credit
Child benefit
Housing benefit
(do not claim Council tax benefit! - and ensure you let the council know that your wifes immigration status...)

whether you qualify depends on individual circumstances etc...

the benefits calculator will tell you if its possible you could claim... it will not be 100% accurate, due to immigration status... contacting the official office will help further :)