ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some people want to make PEO appointment their business!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stokbrig

Some people want to make PEO appointment their business!!

Post by stokbrig » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:48 pm

Some people want to make PEO appointment their business while many people are struggling to find appointments. what a shame!!
Could anyone issue their support against them.
Last edited by stokbrig on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:31 pm

I second that.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:43 pm

I too support that. I also find that while some struggle to get appointments, few people are booking multiple appointments. This is really not fair as they are blocking some genuine and urgent applicants.

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:16 pm

I agree with you guys. This is a shame few people are trying to make business from this.
Techie

guy123
Newly Registered

Post by guy123 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:34 pm

I fully agree.

Due to unavailability of appointments, I am now forced to apply through a solicitor only for the sake that they have easier access to appointments.

hsmpaspirant2008

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:03 pm

I completely agreed with that. Hoarding of appointment by a few applicants and OISC/solicitors makes the application process unnecessarily complex.

Better solution will be to request the payment of application fees during the time of appointment booking, this way the uncertainity of payment issues on the day of payment is eliminated, it is not essential to man the payment counters. UKBA should also make rescheduling an option but cancellation once the fee is paid should result in loss of fees. The same rule should be enforced for OISC/Solicitor appointments as well.

ashpan23
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashpan23 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:07 pm

hsmpaspirant2008 wrote:I completely agreed with that. Hoarding of appointment by a few applicants and OISC/solicitors makes the application process unnecessarily complex.

Better solution will be to request the payment of application fees during the time of appointment booking, this way the uncertainity of payment issues on the day of payment is eliminated, it is not essential to man the payment counters. UKBA should also make rescheduling an option but cancellation once the fee is paid should result in loss of fees. The same rule should be enforced for OISC/Solicitor appointments as well.
@stokbrig
Agree with you.

@hsmpaspirant2008
I am not agreeing for application fees during the appointment booking.
This is completely UKBA fault. They have to release more appointment. They are taking 3 times money for application but decision time is too slow.
Another problem is coming because more people are applying through PEO rather than postal, and reason is delay response of decision.
I am agree with you that people don’t have to book more than one appointment but problem is again from UKBA system, that people are not sure that if will get the appointment on that day system will run smoothly or not.

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:45 am

+1

We should ban & remove all posts advertising PEO bookings.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:07 pm

Legal reps (i.e OISC and Solicitors) have access to alloted slots which are separate to those on the online bookings. They also have to give a minimum of 5 weeks notice in order to secure these for clients.
As a Moderator when I spot them I have been removing ads from anyone selling PEO appointments as a business. This board doesn't permit any form of advertising.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:10 pm

As long as there are desperate people willing to pay someone for the service, there will always be someone willing to cash in on the opportunity. Basic market principle. Yes, painful for the rest of us.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:24 pm

You may find the following post informative... http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=123874

expMan
Newly Registered

Re: Some people want to make PEO appointment their business!

Post by expMan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:05 pm

stokbrig wrote:Some people want to make PEO appointment their business while many people are struggling to find appointments. what a shame!!
Could anyone issue their support against them.
Everyone agree here by default!

expMan
Newly Registered

Post by expMan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:09 pm

ashpan23 wrote:
hsmpaspirant2008 wrote: I am agree with you that people don’t have to book more than one appointment but problem is again from UKBA system, that people are not sure that if will get the appointment on that day system will run smoothly or not.
if on the day of appointment if system do not work you will loose appointment and they simply advise you to re-book yourself OR go F@ck off...do not come here again...
I would book 2 appointments in that case, After all why I would want to suffer for the fault of UKBA. Am I not paying enough money???