ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:14 pm

Klow wrote:An update.

To Hopeful2:
After few weeks of resolving H.O. confusing of mine and my brother's appications. My brother has got biometric enrolment invitation letter yesterday.

At least we both in different cases now. Hope H.O. won't make any bad surprise to our case anymore.

To Lola56uk:
Wish you all the best for the interview !
Thanks Klow.
Its nice to know HO have now differentiated your applications. I just wish they understood how frustrating crap like this can be for us all.

I will let you all know as long as I am not detained how it goes; suspense killing me but it will be over in less than 24 hours Thanks. I am keeping positive for the rest of the day now :D :)

Hopeful2

Re: 1 days to my clarification interview

Post by Hopeful2 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:20 pm

lola56uk wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:3 days to go till clariffication interview at HO.
Hello lola56uk, although they don't put the "stamp" in passports any more, they still need to see it and record the details so it is important that you take it. Remember no matter how difficult the questions may be or how incriminating the answers may seem, answer truthfully. Good luck - we look forward to hearing all the details after Thursday.
If granted ILR how do they notify or associate it to a person if not stamped on a passport.
I saw my legal representative last night who will not accompany me but wrote a letter to the Interviewer asking them to grant me ILR based on the following : Time taken to consider application ( 8 years ) , Private Life ( British partner of 11 years & rest of family members ).
He also asked them to provide me a reason if I am declined why so it can be challenged in High Court (My Representative is a former High Court Judge) ; he also noted to in the letter I was served with a Form IS151A but this was not visible in the copy of the Home Office file submitted to us under the Subject Access Bureau provisions.

He stated
“Could you please provide us with a copy through our client? If you are unable to locate the document, then please also confirm this.”

“We trust that you will find this letter useful as you consider our client’s situation. We hope that it can be dealt with quickly. If you are not able to deal with it as a matter of urgency, then please indicate why that is the case, and what documents you require, so that we can consider challenging the reasons for your further delay in the High Court. “

@ lola56uk, answering your question "If granted ILR how do they notify or associate it to a person if not stamped on a passport. " - If you are successful, you will be issued with a Biometric Residents Permit (BRP) - this contains ALL your information INCLUDING your biometrics. status etc. and this is what identifies you as who you are. However, when you are travelling you are required to show BOTH your BRP and your passport at immigration all times although you do not need to show your passport when applying for a job or opening a bank account etc - you show your BRP on those occasions. Hope this answers your question.

With regards to your interview, I hope it all goes well - if it doesn't I would be very interested to find out why as it looks like you have very good grounds to be granted ILR - looks like your Lawyer has covered all relevant grounds with his letter. It is well - God / Allah is in control so go and knock them out and please don't forget fill us in on your experience.

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:24 pm

Klow wrote:An update.

To Hopeful2:
After few weeks of resolving H.O. confusing of mine and my brother's appications. My brother has got biometric enrolment invitation letter yesterday.

At least we both in different cases now. Hope H.O. won't make any bad surprise to our case anymore.

To Lola56uk:
Wish you all the best for the interview !
Hello Klow, it's good to hear that HO has finally separated yours and your brother's cases and that he has received his biometric enrolment letter. Lets hope that they will process your ILR as soon as possible - please keep us posted and good luck to your brother - looks like he may have to wait for another 6 months or more considering the present time lines - at least he knows it's being processed now so that is good.

Klow

Post by Klow » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:11 pm

Another 6 months for my brother? That's really killing us! Hope mine will be approved soon, otherwise we'll run out of saving to support us :(

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Klow wrote:Another 6 months for my brother? That's really killing us! Hope mine will be approved soon, otherwise we'll run out of saving to support us :(
Klow I only estimated 6 months because it looks like the current timeline is 6 / 7 / 8 months and the confusion with your brother was only discovered recently so the clock started for him when it was rectified which hasn't been that long ago. I hope they give you ILR soon.

Klow

Post by Klow » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:04 pm

How about yourself Hopeful2 ? Any news for your application?

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:17 am

Hello Klow, thanks for asking - I have heard nothing about my application to date. My clock started again in October after they sent my application back because I had omitted a signature and date etc. and since February is month 4 for me, looks like I may have another couple of months wait ahead of me. Like yourself, I need an early response as my funds are dwindling fast!!

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:55 am

The psychology behind it (assumption only) is that they want us to run out of resources and then not be able to appeal/ go further. Even I don't want to think along those lines but its easy not to think along those lines also.

Thinking about it, the cost of most of these applications are ridiculous, yet we have to wait , they reject or take their time . I guess when it comes to the Ukba customer service does not exsist !!!!

My prayer to all is that as we are all going through this together ; God will favour us all.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:15 pm

So I attended this morning ; the interviewer was a nice chap and asked me loads of questions about when I came to the country ; anyway to cut the long story short I was told my application would be considered and the UkBA will revoked the Form IS151A that was issued to me in 2006 and that my application would be considered on the 14 year rule from 1997 to date. So that's good news for me I guess.

At the end of the interview I was asked if I would like to add any reasons why I should be granted ; I went into one and stated strong strength in the Uk , no family contacts in Nigeria anymore plus my education was a good point to adds my school result , a levels and university degree all added strength to my application !!!!

I was there for roughly from 10am to 2pm.

I have sent a minutes of the meeting to my legal representative and he will write to uKba to have this in writing although I was told the case worker will write go me in the next few weeks .... So the waiting continues I guess but with a positive twist.

I have a feeling this will be dealt with in the next few days !!!!

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:30 pm

Well done lola56uk - sounds like very good news for you. I am sure you are feeling very relieved and I hope that they will grant you ILR very soon. You are lucky that you were given an opportunity to tell them your strengths i.e. ties with the UK and education etc. - more often than not they make decisions without seeing us and giving us a chance to put our case forward personally. We look forward to hearing good news from you soon.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:Well done lola56uk - sounds like very good news for you. I am sure you are feeling very relieved and I hope that they will grant you ILR very soon. You are lucky that you were given an opportunity to tell them your strengths i.e. ties with the UK and education etc. - more often than not they make decisions without seeing us and giving us a chance to put our case forward personally. We look forward to hearing good news from you soon.
I know but the wait after the interview was tense but I guess it's being granted already because if it was declined I would have been told there and there . It's quite funny how they operate , all the same I thank God I was in and out !!! They were quite a few guys in there that had been waiting before me and I got there at 10 and finished at 2 .

The most difficult moment was when they said to me they had to go photocopy my documents but actually went to decide on my application.

pgmiot

Post by pgmiot » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:22 am

A: diggingdeep: 1. Thank you for the information, they are very useful. I am looking for good lawyer now, just in case.

2. Not sure if I am eligible to apply under the rule of Private Life, as my parents are still in my home country(The family tie refers to husband/wife and children only? or including Parents too? )

B: Congrats to all the people who have already received their ILR.

C: lola56uk: congrats! hope you will get the ILR soon, as it has been a long journey for you. Do you mind to send me the details of your lawyer? As I am 1 and half month short of the qualifying period. Now, waiting for the best news, and preparing for the worst news.

D: Everyone who applied ILR before 9th July, how are you guys getting on? any good news? Or any news? Some people who applied 10 years Long resident in July have already reveived their visa. wonder when will be our turn.

yumedo

Post by yumedo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:38 am

lola56uk wrote:So I attended this morning ; the interviewer was a nice chap and asked me loads of questions about when I came to the country ; anyway to cut the long story short I was told my application would be considered and the UkBA will revoked the Form IS151A that was issued to me in 2006 and that my application would be considered on the 14 year rule from 1997 to date. So that's good news for me I guess.

At the end of the interview I was asked if I would like to add any reasons why I should be granted ; I went into one and stated strong strength in the Uk , no family contacts in Nigeria anymore plus my education was a good point to adds my school result , a levels and university degree all added strength to my application !!!!

I have sent a minutes of the meeting to my legal representative and he will write to uKba to have this in writing although I was told the case worker will write go me in the next few weeks .... So the waiting continues I guess but with a positive twist.

Well done Lola:
You should expect good news soon. The Form IS151A is the most difficult issue in your case, now UKBA themselves are willing to revoke it. So now the remaining are all in your favour.
I guess your connections and education in this country make all the difference

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:35 am

pgmiot wrote:A: diggingdeep:
C: lola56uk: congrats! hope you will get the ILR soon, as it has been a long journey for you. Do you mind to send me the details of your lawyer? As I am 1 and half month short of the qualifying period. Now, waiting for the best news, and preparing for the worst news.

D: Everyone who applied ILR before 9th July, how are you guys getting on? any good news? Or any news? Some people who applied 10 years Long resident in July have already received their visa. wonder when will be our turn.
Thanks - I have PM you the notice solicitor details; please read my caveat before contacting them. PM if you want further info.
If you go prepared it will work more effective in your favor. i can give you a few pointers if you wish.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:40 am

yumedo wrote:
lola56uk wrote:So I attended this morning ; the interviewer was a nice chap and asked me loads of questions about when I came to the country ; anyway to cut the long story short I was told my application would be considered and the UkBA will revoked the Form IS151A that was issued to me in 2006 and that my application would be considered on the 14 year rule from 1997 to date. So that's good news for me I guess.

Well done Lola:
You should expect good news soon. The Form IS151A is the most difficult issue in your case, now UKBA themselves are willing to revoke it. So now the remaining are all in your favour.
I guess your connections and education in this country make all the difference
Thanks Yumedo - It was hard but good. I feel anyone making an application should send well organized documents to UKBa . This makes it easier for the already messy case worker to get in the mood and approve your application.

yumedo

Post by yumedo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:25 pm

Thanks lola56uk for your suggestions .I am working on it now.
does the interviewer tell you the reasons why they were will to scratch your Form IS151A ?

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:13 am

pgmiot wrote:A: diggingdeep:
2. Not sure if I am eligible to apply under the rule of Private Life, as my parents are still in my home country(The family tie refers to husband/wife and children only? or including Parents too? ).
You definitely qualified. Your application ll depends on how your stress your strong connection to UK. It depends so much on how your case is presented. Observe the nuances of this determination.

These new rules are not black and white and they are open to interpretation and it seems to me judges are interpreting them more sensible/accurately than UKBA. And so if you were to be refused in the first stage of human right application all is not lost. You will still have very good chance to be successfully at appeal stage.

Read this determination and other in this website below and read the points which they found in the appellant favour and construct your case using those points quoting the same points (precedent)

See below how the meaning of the word Ties were interpreted in the latest court case in regard to immigration.

The severity of the interference with his private and family life as a consequence of his deportation is such that Article 8 is engaged.

It is well established that for an interference with a right protected under Article 8(1) to be necessary in a democratic society, it must be proportionate to the legitimate aim pursued. The legitimate aim in the present case is prevention of crime and disorder.

We take note of the fact that the use of the phrase “no ties (including social, cultural or family) with the country to which he would have to go if required to leave the UK” is not exclusive to paragraph 399A of the Rules; it is also used in paragraph 276 ADE, in the context of the requirements to met by an applicant for leave to remain based on private life in the United Kingdom when such person has lived in the United Kingdom for less than 20 years.

The natural and ordinary meaning of the word ‘ties’ imports, we think, a concept involving something more than merely remote and abstract links to the country of proposed deportation or removal. It involves there being a continued connection to life in that country; something that ties a claimant to his or her country of origin. If this were not the case then it would appear that a person’s nationality of the country of proposed deportation could of itself lead to a failure to meet the requirements of the rule. This would render the application of the rule, given the context within which it operates, entirely meaningless.

We recognize that the text under the rules is an exacting one. Consideration of whether a person has ‘no ties’ to such country must involve a rounded assessment of all the relevant circumstances and is not to be limited to ‘social, cultural and family’ circumstances. Nevertheless, we are satisfied that the appellant has no ties with Nigeria. He is a stranger to the country, the people, and the way of life. His father may have ties but they are not ties of the appellant or any ties that could result in support to the appellant in the event of his return there. Unsurprisingly, given the length of the appellant’s residence here, all of his ties are with the United Kingdom. Consequently the appellant has so little connection with Nigeria so as to mean that the consequences for him in establishing private life there at the age of 28, after 22 years residence in the United Kingdom, would be ‘unjustifiably harsh’.

Whilst each case turns on its own facts, circumstances relevant to the assessment of whether a person has ties to the country to which they would have to go if they were required to leave the United Kingdom must include, but are not limited to: the length of time a person has spent in the country to which he would have to go if he were required to leave the United Kingdom, the age that the person left that country, the exposure that person has had to the cultural norms of that country, whether that person speaks the language of the country, the extent of the family and friends that person has in the country to which he is being deported or removed and the quality of the relationships that person has with those friends and family members.

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC ... geria.html

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:25 am

yumedo wrote:Thanks lola56uk for your suggestions .I am working on it now.
does the interviewer tell you the reasons why they were will to scratch your Form IS151A ?
Hello Yumedo - The Interviewer never mentioned anything in particular; I just had a response from my legal representative on this and he thinks a big chicken-up has happened internally where the HO has lost or not recorded a copy. In my HO file it states i was issued with one in 2007 but the copy the officer showed me was 2006 with wrong DOB , name etc. He stated as a part time Immigration judge this will be seen as invalid in High Court as such mistake is unacceptable from UKBA especially where they have used such cases against individual in the past.

yumedo

Post by yumedo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:45 am

lola56uk wrote:
Hello Yumedo - The Interviewer never mentioned anything in particular; I just had a response from my legal representative on this and he thinks a big chicken-up has happened internally where the HO has lost or not recorded a copy. In my HO file it states i was issued with one in 2007 but the copy the officer showed me was 2006 with wrong DOB , name etc. He stated as a part time Immigration judge this will be seen as invalid in High Court as such mistake is unacceptable from UKBA especially where they have used such cases against individual in the past.
Thanks for your much valued information.
I think this mess up from the HO has played a big part in your case. your representative is smart, he has taken full adantage of it by challenging the HO to produce the Form IS151A , which they never could.
I have the identical situation here.My representative request my file from HO , they send back Doc with the wrong name and DOB on it.
A good start for my case Ha

Harik
Newly Registered

Re: 14 years ILR

Post by Harik » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Harik wrote:Hi I'm new member. I thought I should post my timesclae.

Postal application on 18 Jun 2012
Acknowledgement on 20 Jun 2012
Payment taken on 19 Jun 2012
Biometric done on 20 Aug 2012

Waiting for decision....
OK. I've good news to share. My solicitors says my documents are returned today (13 Feb 2012).
Biometric to follow in 7days.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:41 am

yumedo wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
Thanks for your much valued information.
I think this mess up from the HO has played a big part in your case. your representative is smart, he has taken full adantage of it by challenging the HO to produce the Form IS151A , which they never could.
I have the identical situation here.My representative request my file from HO , they send back Doc with the wrong name and DOB on it.
A good start for my case Ha
No worries - we are all friends on this forum . I was always thought that sharing is caring !!!!
I know I have mentioned this before but please all make sure you send well documented files to the HO; if a legal representative is helping you make sure you are satisfied with the layout !!!!; remember you are paying for their services therefore they can only advise you buy you have the last word .
If you have any missing documents or gap in your history ; a well documented file and covering letters will suffice.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:45 am

Harik wrote:

Waiting for decision....
OK. I've good news to share. My solicitors says my documents are returned today (13 Feb 2012).
Biometric to follow in 7days.
Congrats !!! I think you are the first to break the ice this year !!! Really happy for you!!!

Do you mind sharing what application you applied for and any non sensitive info- I apologise if you have shared this info before.

Zebrudaya

? First person to get 14 years ILR recently etc

Post by Zebrudaya » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:00 pm

Dear members

It now appears that a member by name Harik is the first person to obtain 14 years ILR recently. He sent off his application in June, 2012. However, we are yet to see or hear from anyone who sent his around 9th July 2012 when the 14 years ILR closed for the last time.

I believe by now, all the people who sent in their applications just before 9th July 2012, have all got their acknowledgement and done their biometrics. What remains is to get the ILR. A time of 7 months has since elapsed since 9th July 2012!

Please whoever is in this last group ( applied just before 9th July 2012 ) who gets his ILR should please post his success in this forum so that others will know that UKBA has started sending them etc.

Harik
Newly Registered

Post by Harik » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:38 pm

lola56uk wrote:
Harik wrote:

Waiting for decision....
Biometric to follow in 7days
Biometric permit received on 14 Feb 2012.
Congrats !!! I think you are the first to break the ice this year !!! Really happy for you!!!

Do you mind sharing what application you applied for and any non sensitive info- I apologise if you have shared this info before.
Sure. I entered UK legally on marriage grounds in 1998 but overstayed since end of 1999. I've worked and paid NI and Tax during my stay in UK. As regards to application I had supporting documents for every year except for 1998; Ties in UK - Letters from friends and birth certificate of my young son, who holds British passport. I had a solicitor prepare my application.
The wait was depressing especially when the six months had passed but I’m glad the outcome is positive. BTW The biometric permit arrived this morning. My solicitor even emailed me a copy of the permit.
I wish you and every one on the board the very best.

Harik
Newly Registered

Re: ? First person to get 14 years ILR recently etc

Post by Harik » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:46 pm

Zebrudaya wrote:Dear members

It now appears that a member by name Harik is the first person to obtain 14 years ILR recently. He sent off his application in June, 2012. However, we are yet to see or hear from anyone who sent his around 9th July 2012 when the 14 years ILR closed for the last time.

I believe by now, all the people who sent in their applications just before 9th July 2012, have all got their acknowledgement and done their biometrics. What remains is to get the ILR. A time of 7 months has since elapsed since 9th July 2012!

Please whoever is in this last group ( applied just before 9th July 2012 ) who gets his ILR should please post his success in this forum so that others will know that UKBA has started sending them etc.
Dear Zebrudaya

I believe the application are processed on the date of the receipt of application and payment by HO. It is taking 6-8 months for HO to process an application. I was following outcome of SET(o) applications based on 10years basis.