ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got the Visa!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PPra

Got the Visa!

Post by PPra » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:38 pm

Dear All,

I got my passport today with visa stamp valid till feb 2009.
I wish to thank everyone on this forum for both the guidance and
support that I got from them in this whole process of applying for the HSMP to getting the visa.

I wish to exdend a very special thanks to John! No words will be sufficient to express the amount of gratitude I have for you. Without your advice and support it would not have been possible to reach this stage. Thankyou very much.

Regards
PPra

nikunj_dal

Post by nikunj_dal » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Hello PPra, congrats... it would be really helpfull if you could paste all your doc. list you submitted for hsmp including the eng. lan. requirement.

Thanks in advance..

Best regds
nd. :lol:

PPra

Post by PPra » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:04 pm

Hello Nikunj

My HSMP case was approved under the old scheme. I had got the HSMP permit letter in August 2005, under 28 category.

My case had gone in for appeal after EC refusal.

Since the HSMP rules have changed since then, I would request you to look for the new set of documents for HSMP. My list of docs will not be of much use. However you can see the EC Interview questions, they are still relevant.

I have posted interview questions is my last post.

Regards
PPra

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Got the Visa!

Post by pantaiema » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:27 pm

Congratulation PPra

Pantaiema
PPra wrote:Dear All,

I got my passport today with visa stamp valid till feb 2009.
I wish to thank everyone on this forum for both the guidance and
support that I got from them in this whole process of applying for the HSMP to getting the visa.

I wish to exdend a very special thanks to John! No words will be sufficient to express the amount of gratitude I have for you. Without your advice and support it would not have been possible to reach this stage. Thankyou very much.

Regards
PPra

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:49 pm

PPra wrote:Hello Nikunj

My HSMP case was approved under the old scheme. I had got the HSMP permit letter in August 2005, under 28 category.

My case had gone in for appeal after EC refusal.

Since the HSMP rules have changed since then, I would request you to look for the new set of documents for HSMP. My list of docs will not be of much use. However you can see the EC Interview questions, they are still relevant.

I have posted interview questions is my last post.

Regards
PPra
Hi PPra
Congratulations. Yours is HSMP equivalent of Battle of Panipat (all 3 combined ;)), i must tell you.
Enjoy the victory

PPra

Post by PPra » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:48 pm

Thanks Nileshatan!

It took me almost 19 mths ( Aug 2005 to Feb 2007) to travel from HSMP application to Entry Clearance.

It was taugh waiting this long. But with the support of the members of this form and well wishers I could manage to walk this path.

Thanks
PPra

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:31 am

congrats buddy. you really shown patience and success is for those who show patience.

PPra

Post by PPra » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:06 pm

Thanks JD!

troubledkhan1

Post by troubledkhan1 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:30 pm

Dear PPra,
Congratulations on winning the battle atlast.
I have gone trough all your post and have found out that I am now going through almost the same situation which you went through.

You can find all the information about my situation in this thread
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=14044

I just want to ask you how did you get the HSMP approval letter reprinted and also if your HSMP approval letter was with you all the time as mine has been kept by the ECO.

And I also want to know what questions did they ask you in the interview.

Please let me know.

Regards
TroubledKhan[/quote]

PPra

Post by PPra » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:53 am

Dear Khan!

Its very sorry to read that you have been treated thus by the ECO.
They do refuse cases by such narrow observations. You should have provided more documents with your visa application like letters from
your MBA University head, annaul/semester/trimester exams score cards etc..

Have you tried your option of review of the ECO's decision with these additional documents or any other such documents that substantiates that your degree is indeed genuine. Check up on this, I think you can ask for 1 review with these additional documents in addition to appealing against the ECO's decision in the available time.

Appeal decision may take upto 1 year, so I would suggest you try to convince the visa officer though the review option itself.

As far as the validity of the HSMP letter is concerned,
Even in the new HSMP guidelines, there is this section which deals with the provision of requesting for a duplicate (reprint) copy of the HSMP letter. The reprint can be requested either if you have not received the original HSMP letter even after many days of posting of the same to you. The second case in which a reprint can be requested is when the HSMP letter has expired while waiting for the decision of the appeal. In this case the new rules clearly mentions that the applicant can obtain a duplicate copy (reprint) of the letter with fresh dates by submitting the old original hsmp letter and a copy of the decision-letter of the appeal (as the reason for the appeal). There is no fees involved for this and the reprint letter is provided after the HSMP office has verified that your appeal decision letter is genuine. This normally takes around 40-60 days.

You can read the questions that were asked to me in my post on Interview Questions :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=14022

Wishing you best of luck!
Regards
PPra

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:48 am

Best of Luck.

19 Months is very long time... I appreciate your patience.. :)

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:34 pm

Congratulations and Best of Luck with life in UK .
You should now keep some patience and courage as you will need them while you are in UK especially at the time when u apply for your extension.
Best of Luck!!

alex2000

Post by alex2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:21 am

Mrs Khan,

Please confirm if u've gotten your extexsion.

Regards.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:02 pm

No I have not yet receive any feed back on my application lets see what happens!

I didn't want to distract or discourage anyone from coming to UK under HSMP but the things are going quite bad. I came to know today that one of the guy committed suicide after his FLR was rejected and he went back empty handed to his native country where he committed suicide. This is the second suicical case of the unjust rules suddenly imposed upon people who left everything to settle in UK. Where general image is that the Human Rights are more important than anything else.

Is this really the place we wanted to live and work in ?

alex2000

Post by alex2000 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:48 pm

Are u suggesting that there are some HSMP guys, who haven been refused FLR, have gone back to their home countries. I wouild expect that any refusal will be appealed first to the Home Office and subsequently to a high court and even furhter. Have these options been explored yet. I expect any unsuccessful FLR requests to still be arguing out with the Home Office/ Govt rather than rushing back home.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:31 pm

I think we should think realistically. It depends how much resources you bring to this country. The Guy who went for this extreme step lost his job/ his wife also lost her job and their survival were at stake in UK so they were left with no option but to go back.
I personally think there will be so many more like them who don't have the financial resources and dont have the time to engage themselves in legal battle against Home office which is very costly option.
Anyway HSMP forum has already filed their case for Judicial Review (its gonna cost £25000) but those who don't have a time to wait for the court decision etc on review will get no benefit out of this legal battle; ultimately will go back to their countries empty handed and will be thinking to take a start from scratch in their home land!!!I hope i don't sound too passimistic but this is reality bite.