ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker 2013

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:32 pm

NewIrish wrote: Yes they used to reply....but not today......
OK get you :)

Hopefully because they are busy sending out invitations today and they will get back to emails shortly!

iloveireland

Post by iloveireland » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:43 pm

seraph wrote:Now they are busy with sending invitations and therefore they will not take any phone calls. That is why they announced the date on their website.
I heard somewhere that they call people over the phone for ceremony invitation (the one who already has paid fees etc).
Is it true?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:53 pm

iloveireland wrote:
I heard somewhere that they call people over the phone for ceremony invitation (the one who already has paid fees etc).
Is it true?
I was invited to the pevious ceremony (but couldn't make it), and they sent a letter - no phonecall.
I should also be on the list to be invited for the upcoming one (they have all the documents/payment from me), and no phone call as of today.

So I would expect a letter rather than a phone call, but not sure ...

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:02 pm

dhang wrote:DUBLIN CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY IN MARCH 2013

The next citizenship ceremonies will take place in The Convention Centre Dublin, Spencer Dock, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1 on Monday 11th March, 2013.

Some 3000 candidates will attenders the ceremonies where they will take an oath of fidelity to the nation, receive their certificate of naturalisation and thereby become Irish citizens.
I had received approval in dec 2012, & have sent them photo, draft & gnib card.

Was just waiting for this ceremony & in May 2013 good-bye to this country forever , have wasted 10 years of my life here .
Not waiting any more

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:58 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:
Was just waiting for this ceremony & in May 2013 good-bye to this country forever , have wasted 10 years of my life here .
If you were indeed wasting your time but stayed for 10 years anyway, have you even though the problem might not be with the country but with the individual?

h.h.
Newly Registered

Post by h.h. » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:55 pm

The next citizenship ceremonies will take place in The Convention Centre Dublin, Spencer Dock, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1 on Monday 11th March, 2013.

Some 3000 candidates will attend the ceremonies where they will take an oath of fidelity to the nation, receive their certificate of naturalisation and thereby become Irish citizens.
my friend who have applied last november recieved a letter b4 2 weeks stating that he is in 2nd stage of process..and i applied in july 2011 and still waiting and didn't recieve anything till now just the letter with the reference no. :cry: :cry:

sher1
Newly Registered

Post by sher1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:55 pm

h.h. wrote:

Some 3000 candidates will attend the ceremonies where they will take an oath of fidelity to the nation, receive their certificate of naturalisation and thereby become Irish citizens.
my friend who have applied last november recieved a letter b4 2 weeks stating that he is in 2nd stage of process..and i applied in july 2011 and still waiting and didn't recieve anything till now just the letter with the reference no. :cry: :cry:
Did you ask them about the status of your application?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:55 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:Was just waiting for this ceremony & in May 2013 good-bye to this country forever , have wasted 10 years of my life here .
Believe me you're so stuck in Ireland. You re never ever going away!

Did you know that if you spend 7 years outside of Ireland without given reasonable explanation as to why on an annual basis, your citizenship will be revoked?

Waiting2beirish, what a name. "Be careful what you wish for" :)
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

h.h.
Newly Registered

Post by h.h. » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:10 pm

sher1 wrote:
h.h. wrote:

how can i ask them!! if no one can reach their phone and when i sent an email, i recieved a copy /paste reply..sometimes i think bcoz my case is a refugee status

sher1
Newly Registered

Post by sher1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:21 pm

h.h. wrote:
sher1 wrote:
h.h. wrote:

how can i ask them!! if no one can reach their phone and when i sent an email, i recieved a copy /paste reply..sometimes i think bcoz my case is a refugee status
what is copy/paste reply?

h.h.
Newly Registered

Post by h.h. » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:08 pm

sher1 wrote:
h.h. wrote:
sher1 wrote:
h.h. wrote:
the email that many people recieved it which says
your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether it meets the statuory condintions for the granting of naturalisation, etc.

sher1
Newly Registered

Post by sher1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:48 pm

h.h. wrote:
sher1 wrote:
h.h. wrote:
sher1 wrote:
the email that many people recieved it which says
your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether it meets the statuory condintions for the granting of naturalisation, etc.
I think best way to get an status of your application, send your latest documents by post and asked for the status of your application with acknowledgment

hope2beirish
Newly Registered

Post by hope2beirish » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:30 am

Hi All,

Did everyone paid their fees for the March2013 ceremony as i still did not get fees form yet.Hope we get it soon. By the way how long does it take to get the irish passport after getting the citizenship ceritificate? Any ideas???

Best of luck to everone here..

iloveireland

Post by iloveireland » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:47 am

hope2beirish wrote:Hi All,

Did everyone paid their fees for the March2013 ceremony as i still did not get fees form yet.Hope we get it soon. By the way how long does it take to get the irish passport after getting the citizenship ceritificate? Any ideas???

Best of luck to everone here..
Not sure what is this fees form, I paid it by bank draft last month. I am still waiting for the invitation for the ceremony though

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:09 am

If all goes well the passport will lake 10 working days.

Given that it is a first passport, there could be misunderstandings/missing documents delaying it a bit; but not very long I would say.

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:33 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
waiting2beirish wrote:Was just waiting for this ceremony & in May 2013 good-bye to this country forever , have wasted 10 years of my life here .
Believe me you're so stuck in Ireland. You re never ever going away!

Did you know that if you spend 7 years outside of Ireland without given reasonable explanation as to why on an annual basis, your citizenship will be revoked?

Waiting2beirish, what a name. "Be careful what you wish for" :)

According to what i understand from "You were ordinarily resident outside Ireland (other than in public service) for a continuous period of 7 years and, without a reasonable excuse, did not register your name and a declaration of your intention to retain Irish citizenship with an Irish diplomatic mission or consular office or with the Minister for Justice and Equality on an annual basis", you don't lose it as long as you register regularly every year with Irish embassy in your country of residence

Jberces
Newly Registered

Post by Jberces » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:26 am

Is there any hope for us (applied in dec 2011) to be included in the ceremony in march or will this ceremony be for those who have already received decisions last December and january?

h.h.
Newly Registered

Post by h.h. » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:26 am

Jberces wrote:Is there any hope for us (applied in dec 2011) to be included in the ceremony in march or will this ceremony be for those who have already received decisions last December and january?
hope so we be in this cermony ..i applied in july 2011

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:45 pm

A Friend of mine just called me now. She got her citizenship letter in the post this morning: the usual requesting for her to pay the fees and send in her GNIB card. She was asked to pay on or before 22nd of this month. the ceremony is indeed march 11.

desibuddy

Post by desibuddy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:49 pm

minniepoe wrote:A Friend of mine just called me now. She got her citizenship letter in the post this morning: the usual requesting for her to pay the fees and send in her GNIB card. She was asked to pay on or before 22nd of this month. the ceremony is indeed march 11.
Do u know when did your friend applied?

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:57 pm

desibuddy wrote:
Do u know when did your friend applied?
my friend applied October 2011 or thereabout.

dublinkhan
Newly Registered

hi all

Post by dublinkhan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:57 pm

my room mate he got approval later today morring 11 march2013 cermony the later say sand garda card fee and phots. he apply sep2011

courny

Post by courny » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:58 pm

sister just received her letter applied july 2011
invited for 11th march ceremony.
now i am the only one left in the family :(

iloveireland

Post by iloveireland » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:00 pm

Guys
Does anyone know if we have to send invitation letter back to INIS after signing it? Or it is merely just an invitation letter which is the entry to the ceremony?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:13 pm

eternitate1903 wrote:According to what i understand from "You were ordinarily resident outside Ireland (other than in public service) for a continuous period of 7 years and, without a reasonable excuse, did not register your name and a declaration of your intention to retain Irish citizenship with an Irish diplomatic mission or consular office or with the Minister for Justice and Equality on an annual basis", you don't lose it as long as you register regularly every year with Irish embassy in your country of residence
Thats exactly what I wrote in a short form!.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.