ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for Dependent - Absences > 180?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukimmigrant
Newly Registered

ILR application for Dependent - Absences > 180?

Post by ukimmigrant » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:43 pm

Hello,

I am on Tier 1 and I am going for 2 yr extension from July 2013 to July 2015. In 2015, I shall be eligible to apply for ILR.

My wife is pregnant and wish to deliver the baby in India. As known to me, it is not possible to apply for extension of VISA from India. There might be a 1 month delay for me to get the extension and for her to apply and get the new VISA.

So would it be a problem if there is a break in the VISA for my wife when I apply for my ILR? As per the rule the dependent should be staying with the main applicant in UK for at least 2 years while applying for PR.

1. How do the UKBA officers check the continuity of 2 years for the dependants?
2. Is the absence rule (180 days rule) applicable for our dependents as well?
3. Will Utility Bills be sufficient for proving 2 yrs residency for dependants?

Looking forward for your replies..

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:52 pm

1. When does your wife's current visa expire?

2. Have you considered delivery in UK? This makes future transition for your child easier once you get your ILR.

3. When is the expected delivery date?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

ukimmigrant
Newly Registered

Post by ukimmigrant » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:57 am

The delivery is in Dec 2013. The extension is in Jan 2014. Her VISA also expires by the same time.But I am not sure whether she will reach back by date of extension. My ILR is to be filed on Jan 2015.

That is why I am confused whether a break will cause any trouble while filing ILR.

Also can you please clarify how does the process makes easier if the child is given birth in UK while filing the ILR for the child?

I know it is quite early to think about ILR. I thought of planning it properly.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:32 am

If the child is born in UK before the parents have ILR, the child has ENTITLEMENT to register as a British Citizen once parents have ILR.

If the child is born outside UK before the parents have ILR, the child's registration as British Citizen is at the DISCRETION of Home Secretary, and both parents need to be in at least Settled (ILR) Status.

If the child is born in UK, you can still get his/her Indian passport, get Dependent visa for him/her and carry on as normal. It would make better sense to get both your wife's and your newborn child's visa extended/issued from UK before wife leaves for India.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:34 am

Also, I think it would be a medical challenge to be 'pregnant' as of Feb, and deliver in Dec, 11 months later. Usually it is 9.

shendean

Post by shendean » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:41 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:If the child is born in UK before the parents have ILR, the child has ENTITLEMENT to register as a British Citizen once parents have ILR.

If the child is born outside UK before the parents have ILR, the child's registration as British Citizen is at the DISCRETION of Home Secretary, and both parents need to be in at least Settled (ILR) Status.

If the child is born in UK, you can still get his/her Indian passport, get Dependent visa for him/her and carry on as normal. It would make better sense to get both your wife's and your newborn child's visa extended/issued from UK before wife leaves for India.
hi wpilr i would like to ask?

my husband and me planning to have a baby soon. im on my flr-m extension.. so whats the est visa i could apply for my upcoming baby? thanks!
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:19 am

Me too thinking on this.........is there any typo from the OP otherwise its impossible to predict a delivery in Dec from feb!!

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Also, I think it would be a medical challenge to be 'pregnant' as of Feb, and deliver in Dec, 11 months later. Usually it is 9.