ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR basis of 10 years solicitor print form and forget sign

Post by amjadleeds » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi everyone

I applied ILR in Oct 2012 and bio metric done on 15th December, Letter came from HO on 11 January take your client signature haven't sign section 10 of application , please see exact wording you did not sign the bio metrics (section 10) of your application form. Please complete and return your application form within 21 days by using envelop provided.

My solicitor filled again whole application form of new version and after signing send them back in provided enveloped. My bio metric been done , most if any thing missing they in validate your application and send you back. So what your thinking on which stage they found signature missing, either they will ask me again bio metrics, or I can expect decision will get sooner last stage of validation they found missing signature.

Your comments and advice will be appreciate.

Regards

natisanga

more sad news

Post by natisanga » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:32 pm

I can not believe i am writing this now....

My father in law passed away....he had a stroke and died yesterday.

It has been a bit of a nightmare really....my husband had died a bit more than a year ago...this information is with the HO ( for my nationality i am (we both were) required to have a police certificate and all this information is in there...) so pretty much they know everything....( that i was married, who my husband was, that he died, etc).

I dont know if my father in law is still considered my father in law...of course i have not re-married or anything similar ( i dont have children either)....

i am not sure if i should contact my MP and home office ( with the right documentation) to ask to expedite my case...
i wont have my passport in time to go to the funeral... so not sure what to do really...
my heart just aches thinking of my late husband's mother and brother.
This can not be happening again...and there is nothing i can do.

Any advice is kindly appreciated
I applied 27/07/2012, so more than 6 months now.

thanks

Dik
Newly Registered

10 year ILR

Post by Dik » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:39 pm

10 year long residence. 6 yrs student 4yrs Tier 1
APPLIED ON 7 Nov. 2012
Acknowledgment letter 14 Nov 2012
Biometrics 7 Jan 2013
ILR Approval letter 28 Jan 2013
Biometric card. still waiting

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:41 pm

Congratulation Dik, your case is extra ordinary
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

AMH

Re: 10 year ILR

Post by AMH » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:02 am

Bingo!
The surprise here is why Biometric card is taking so long to deliver!!
Dik wrote:10 year long residence. 6 yrs student 4yrs Tier 1
APPLIED ON 7 Nov. 2012
Biometrics 7 Jan 2013
Last edited by AMH on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
7A8M6H

k_alibaba

Re: Info regarding what to do next

Post by k_alibaba » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:04 am

im really thankful for this information.
is there any time duration b/w FLR/M app and SET/O app.?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Damanisshallo wrote:
k_alibaba wrote:
1). So do my wife and kids have to apply for FLR/M or SET/M?

FLR(M) and then SET(M)

2). Will they be on probation period of 5 years? If I apply FLR/M?

No, they've already crossed the qualifying period.

3). Our current leave does not restrict us from taking benefits. We get DLA for my son and child benefits for both and they're on my Wife's name. Will there be any complication in their application?

Speak to some expert. Reading this post might help you understand what your stand is? Similar situation

k_alibaba

Re: ILR - 10 year category

Post by k_alibaba » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:10 am

same here i applied on sept 3rd and had bio done on 5/11 and still waiting and now it start killin me.
good luck to all of this forum who are waitin
you must have done your app in sept 2012. isnt it ?

-------------------------------------------------------
[quote="thms"]I submitted my application 2nd September 2009 and still waiting. Its exactly six months today and the telephone officer at the home office told me today that the time scale indicated on the website is merely guidelines and not exactly followed.[/quote

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:15 am

APPLIED ON 7 Nov. 2012
Biometrics 7 Jan 2013
------------------------------------------------------
congrats mate.. n best of luck for the future life

Dik
Newly Registered

Post by Dik » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:19 am

AMH wrote:Bingo!
The surprise here is why Biometric card is taking so long to deliver!!
APPLIED ON 7 Nov. 2012
Biometrics 7 Jan 2013
If I dont get the biometric card by friday I will contact them. They say it takes about 10 working days to arrive. It's 8 days today.

k_alibaba

Re: more sad news

Post by k_alibaba » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:22 am

i am really sorry to hear this sad news and also about your late husband.
you're a strong lady n have faith in yourself n our prayers n best wishes for you and the family . RIP
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
natisanga wrote:I can not believe i am writing this now....

My father in law passed away....he had a stroke and died yesterday.

It has been a bit of a nightmare really....my husband had died a bit more than a year ago...this information is with the HO ( for my nationality i am (we both were) required to have a police certificate and all this information is in there...) so pretty much they know everything....( that i was married, who my husband was, that he died, etc).

I dont know if my father in law is still considered my father in law...of course i have not re-married or anything similar ( i dont have children either)....

i am not sure if i should contact my MP and home office ( with the right documentation) to ask to expedite my case...
i wont have my passport in time to go to the funeral... so not sure what to do really...
my heart just aches thinking of my late husband's mother and brother.
This can not be happening again...and there is nothing i can do.

Any advice is kindly appreciated
I applied 27/07/2012, so more than 6 months now.

thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Info regarding what to do next

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:22 am

k_alibaba wrote:im really thankful for this information.
is there any time duration b/w FLR/M app and SET/O app.?
No, please read the latest as of yesterday information provided by one of the members below.
Khall75 wrote:I pick 2 forms FLR m and set M. They processed both and gave my wife ILR confirmation letter and they will send BRP in 7 day in sha Allah. Will let u knw in detail coz my battery is nearly dead.
Jazakallah brother for all the help and support.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Khall75

FLR M and SET M both the same day

Post by Khall75 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:21 am

Asalam I Alakum and good morning to all,
Yesterday I had an appointment at Cardiff enquiry office for my mrs FLR m. Went to the window and the young DIY on the desk as me for the form and the supporting documents. After going through all the stuff for just few minutes he said u will get ur FLR m and have to wait for another 2 years before applying for ILR. Then I had a few minutes discussion with him and told him she has been with me in uk from the last 6 and a half years first as a student dependent till 2008 and then for 2 years as a PSW dependent till 2011, and tier 1 general dependent till now and that visa will expire in July 2013. I explained to him article 287 a and b to which he was shaking his head. Then I showed him one of the e-mail which I had from the home office enquiries office.
Then he asked me ok have you got set m on you and I said yes. I was asked to fill it while I was sitting with him on the desk. While I was filling the form he asked for the payment page from set m and I gave it to him. He asked for couple of more documents which I gave to him. In total for both forms he took 3 utility bills, 3 bank stat, employers letter for both of us, couple of payslips both of us and that's it. Was asked to go and come back after 4pm. Went to the Cardiff castle with the kids and when came back I was given ILR confirmation letter and told that BRP will be posted in 7 days. Special thanks to Damanisshallo who helped me with every thing till the last minutes and because of him I was able to book an appointment. It's all done and dusted now. Thanks to everyone on the forum for the help they provided.i will be with u people on the forum permanently to help those who needs it.
Thanks again

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: FLR M and SET M both the same day

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:35 am

Khall75 wrote:Asalam I Alakum and good morning to all,
Yesterday I had an appointment at Cardiff enquiry office for my mrs FLR m. Went to the window and the young DIY on the desk as me for the form and the supporting documents. After going through all the stuff for just few minutes he said u will get ur FLR m and have to wait for another 2 years before applying for ILR. Then I had a few minutes discussion with him and told him she has been with me in uk from the last 6 and a half years first as a student dependent till 2008 and then for 2 years as a PSW dependent till 2011, and tier 1 general dependent till now and that visa will expire in July 2013. I explained to him article 287 a and b to which he was shaking his head. Then I showed him one of the e-mail which I had from the home office enquiries office.
Then he asked me ok have you got set m on you and I said yes. I was asked to fill it while I was sitting with him on the desk. While I was filling the form he asked for the payment page from set m and I gave it to him. He asked for couple of more documents which I gave to him. In total for both forms he took 3 utility bills, 3 bank stat, employers letter for both of us, couple of payslips both of us and that's it. Was asked to go and come back after 4pm. Went to the Cardiff castle with the kids and when came back I was given ILR confirmation letter and told that BRP will be posted in 7 days. Special thanks to Damanisshallo who helped me with every thing till the last minutes and because of him I was able to book an appointment. It's all done and dusted now. Thanks to everyone on the forum for the help they provided.i will be with u people on the forum permanently to help those who needs it.
Thanks again
@Khall75,

Congrates on your wife's ILR. Did you make 2 payments at PEO,(FLR(M) & ILR) or just for ILR?
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

Khall75

Post by Khall75 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:47 am

Thanks brother. Done 2 payments £867 FLR m and £ 1377 for set m

khanjaan

Post by khanjaan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:04 am

Khall75 wrote:Thanks brother. Done 2 payments £867 FLR m and £ 1377 for set m
hi everyone
I just wanted to know why its different some people getting Ilr in 3 months some after 7 months
people apply early getting it late and woever apply late get it earlier?
mystery

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:13 am

Congrats Dik
Your case is rare to come by
You must have expedited your application, did you ?
Enjoy your freedom

APPLIED ON 7 Nov. 2012
Biometrics 7 Jan 2013

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:18 am

khanjaan wrote:
Khall75 wrote:Thanks brother. Done 2 payments £867 FLR m and £ 1377 for set m
hi everyone
I just wanted to know why its different some people getting Ilr in 3 months some after 7 months
people apply early getting it late and woever apply late get it earlier?
mystery
It all depends on case working teams and to whom your file is sent?

Recently Liverpool Set Dept was dumping approx 40% of the cases to Sheffield Set Dept.

Some was bounced backed to Liverpool, this caused a massive delay in cases which were submitted 6 months ago and their recent average is 7-8 months.

Those who applied late and got their ILR early are the lucky ones whose files were at the top of the pile rather than at the bottom.

Dik
Newly Registered

Post by Dik » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:29 am

let_koko wrote:Congrats Dik
Your case is rare to come by
You must have expedited your application, did you ?
Enjoy your freedom

APPLIED ON 7 Nov. 2012
Biometrics 7 Jan 2013
No. I didn't expedite it. I just kept saying to myself that I will get by the end of January and it happened surprisingly. I have 2 friends who applied 3 months before me and they are still waiting for a decision. I can only say I'm lucky. The biometric card hasn't still arived though.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: FLR M and SET M both the same day

Post by saanju9 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:43 am

Khall75 wrote:Asalam I Alakum and good morning to all,
Thanks again

Thats called luck in purest form

Where did you get it.. through us some of it please

Saa

naqeeb

Can anyone help

Post by naqeeb » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:53 am

Hi, Can anyone who have had previous experience help me out. I have approached my MP to expedite my case due to my Grandmothers death and fathers Ill Health. 2 weeks ago i was told by the MP caseworker who received an email from MP account manager(UKBA) that my case was expedited. But i asked for the status of my application and i got this reply back

I have just spoken with the MP’s account manager, and she could see that there was a note on your case to expedite your application once information was received from another team within UKBA.

Can anyone tell me what this other team does and roughly how long it will take. Thanks in advance

natisanga

Post by natisanga » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:13 am

GUys some advice here.
DO you think I should ask to expedite my case given the death of my late husband's father?? or really it is not considered anymore to be a close relative.

Thanks

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:38 am

natisanga wrote:GUys some advice here.
DO you think I should ask to expedite my case given the death of my late husband's father?? or really it is not considered anymore to be a close relative.

Thanks
You can try, as this shows you have strong family ties with your In-Laws.

Its better to do it through your MP with your father-in-laws death certificate.
Last edited by Spidery_thread on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: Can anyone help

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:45 am

naqeeb wrote:Hi, Can anyone who have had previous experience help me out. I have approached my MP to expedite my case due to my Grandmothers death and fathers Ill Health. 2 weeks ago i was told by the MP caseworker who received an email from MP account manager(UKBA) that my case was expedited. But i asked for the status of my application and i got this reply back

I have just spoken with the MP’s account manager, and she could see that there was a note on your case to expedite your application once information was received from another team within UKBA.

Can anyone tell me what this other team does and roughly how long it will take. Thanks in advance
@Naqeeb,

There is a team at Liverpool Set Dept who only deals with applications which needs to be expedited with exceptional circumstances which falls under their list e.g: Starting new job, death in family etc.

There other team(Expedite Team) will check the merit to expedite your application. If it falls in their check list your application will normally be expedited.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:31 am

natisanga wrote:GUys some advice here.

Thanks
So Sorry to hear the bad news

yeah I think you should try. If you could get it expedited, you can travel.

If it didn't worled at least you will not feel bad later for not trying it.

S

ONE-DAY
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by ONE-DAY » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:50 am

saanju9 wrote:
ONE-DAY wrote:Apologies for the late message I applied on the 13March2012 and got rejected on the 15Jan2013. But I can appeal and I currently doing that now. I applied with spending 9yrs and a month in the UK, hence the length.

Do you have any reason why you have applied with 9yrs one month in UK. Now that your going to appeal against the rejection (which I think it is fare enough and you should have thought its was imminent when you applied), on what grounds do you think that they will change their decision
I am an adopted child, but for odd reasons I am restricted from working because the adoption process was carried out wrongly.
Due to this circumstances, I will be stagnant for 2.5 years as I finished Uni July 2011, with MEng Aerospace Eng, I doubt the gap would help my CV, HENCE WHY I APPLIED EARLY.

Now with regards to my ground of appeal, honestly I don't know as I am really tired of the whole process. I believe I have said and provided everything I could when I applied. And also some of the reasons for rejection were wrong and unrealistic.

And not to sound bitter but the whole process took 10months/2weeks, and the feed back (from the Home Office) contained, quite, a lot of discrepancies and spelling errors, honestly I think the staff in charge of my papers just followed a structure with no personal view. But we thank God.