ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier1 General second extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kishorepadman
Newly Registered

UK Tier1 General second extension

Post by kishorepadman » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:08 am

Hi Guys,

I am planning to do my second extension for Tier1 general next month. I would like to know if it is the similar form and same set of documents required for the second extension as was for the First extension.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks
Kishore Padman

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:13 am

It would be the same form, though you should download the latest from the UKBA site and read the guidance to make sure there have been no changes.

Usmanm
Newly Registered

Also in same situation

Post by Usmanm » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:37 am

Hi

I am also planing to apply for my 2nd Tier 1 Extension and need help from you guys, Below are my visa details:

HSMP Visa: Start Date: 08-03-08 to 08-03-2010 (2 Years) (Entered in UK on 20 Feb 2009 - 12 Months late )
Tier 1 Visa: 30-03-10 to 30-03-2013

I have below Questions in my mind, Please help

- Now I cant apply for ILR and need a extension. Do I need to apply for the same extension I did last time?

- The Next extension (3rd visa, 2nd tier 1 ext) will be for what period?

- I will use the latest tier 1 extension form from the web and will apply with same document as I did in my last extension Right?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Usman

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: Also in same situation

Post by longshift » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:34 am

Usmanm wrote: - Now I cant apply for ILR and need a extension. Do I need to apply for the same extension I did last time?

Yes.

- The Next extension (3rd visa, 2nd tier 1 ext) will be for what period?

2 Years

- I will use the latest tier 1 extension form from the web and will apply with same document as I did in my last extension Right?

Same documents for Degree and Age. Latest documents for Salary and Maintenance.

Usmanm
Newly Registered

Re: Also in same situation

Post by Usmanm » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:44 pm

Thank you very mach @longshift

AjitVerma
Newly Registered

Post by AjitVerma » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi Guys,

I got my Tier-1 Visa in Feb 2009 (which was valid till Feb 2012) but I entered in UK in Jan 2011 (around 2 years late), In Feb 2012 I got tier-1 extension for another two years & now the visa is valid till Apr 2014.

Now in order to get PR I'll also have go for second extension on the same Tier-1 Visa.

My Query is :
For second extension will the point table remain same, as it was in 2009? (I mean at the time of applying for the first time)

I asked this question, because in tier-1 general policy document, on page 9 &10 says:

"Applications for leave to remain where the applicant has, or last had, leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place before 6 April 2010 and has not been granted leave in any category other than these since 6 April 2010"

Since I got my tier-1 extension in 2012, then does it mean that next time for the second extension new rules(placed after 6th April 2010) will be taken into account?

Thanks.
AV

Chittarout
Newly Registered

Post by Chittarout » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:44 pm

AjitVerma wrote:Hi Guys,

I got my Tier-1 Visa in Feb 2009 (which was valid till Feb 2012) but I entered in UK in Jan 2011 (around 2 years late), In Feb 2012 I got tier-1 extension for another two years & now the visa is valid till Apr 2014.

Now in order to get PR I'll also have go for second extension on the same Tier-1 Visa.

My Query is :
For second extension will the point table remain same, as it was in 2009? (I mean at the time of applying for the first time)

I asked this question, because in tier-1 general policy document, on page 9 &10 says:

"Applications for leave to remain where the applicant has, or last had, leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place before 6 April 2010 and has not been granted leave in any category other than these since 6 April 2010"

Since I got my tier-1 extension in 2012, then does it mean that next time for the second extension new rules(placed after 6th April 2010) will be taken into account?

Thanks.
AV
You will be able to extend your application any number of times, the rule will be same as the first time i.e. when you applied the first Tier 1 General visa