ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limited leave to remain visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chandnip

Limited leave to remain visa

Post by chandnip » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:20 pm

Hi,
I am an Indian working in UK on work permit.Since my passport was lost 6 month ago i received a new one with a limited leave to remain visa stamp valid till 2008.
I want to go to France next month on holiday.I am not sure about the immigration rules regarding the visa I hold.Can I go and return back to UK from france with a French visa .Will there be any problem regarding my entry clearance on my return to UK?please help,me urgently.
thanks in advance
CP

stedman

Post by stedman » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:56 pm

You won't have any problems entering the UK. I assume you have, or plan to obtain a schengen visa for your trip to France.

chandnip

Re: Limited leave to remain visa

Post by chandnip » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:02 am

Yes I will be appearing for my Schengen visa next week.Can anyone tell me where to get a good annual multitrip travel insurance for a couple which will be recognised by the French consulate for Schengen visa.

Also most of the insurance companies have stated that the applicant should have stayed in UK for more that 6 months before applying for the travel insurance.But I have completed only 2 and half months here.SO I am not eligible for the insurance cover .Please help me for the same.

I need details of any travel insurance company which doesnt put such conditions on the applicant.My husband has been in Uk for more than 6 months but the problem is with me :cry:

bani

Post by bani » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:14 pm

You can buy it at Marks and Spencer. Or the Post Office. Or through Barclays online. I get mine from www.sainsburysbank.com, but you need more time for this because they only mail out the policy a week after you buy it online. I got my first annual multi-trip travel insurance only 3 months after moving to the UK. So it shouldn't be a problem.