ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Link between Tier 1 and ILR will be cut at some point?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mela

Link between Tier 1 and ILR will be cut at some point?

Post by Mela » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Guys, i m sure this question have been discussed already, but just wanted to know your thoughts on the follwoung:

Do you think government will cut the link between Tier1 and ILR at some point? I know there are have been some discussions about this but I cant find much information on that.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:26 pm

When the scheme was introduced, there was provision to settle permanently after 4/5 years on Tier1 G

Tier1G is now closed so the link will break automatically when all of T1Gs have converted to ILRs :lol:
Manka

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Link between Tier 1 and ILR will be cut at some point?

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:42 pm

Mela wrote:Do you think government will cut the link between Tier1 and ILR at some point? I know there are have been some discussions about this but I cant find much information on that.
Whatever we think, will be just that, what we think. How & when the government will change immigration policy, is not something anyone can really predict in advance. There are currently several Tier 1 categories one can apply for ILR under.

The only one which I personally see as likely to end is the Tier 1 General route. While the route is closed to new applicants, existing Migrants under that category are still allowed to extend their leave as many times as they wish. This may very well change in the future, due to the reason the category was closed in the first place. As for the link to ILR (i.e. whether T1G migrants will remain to be given the right to qualify for settlement under that category or not), no one can really tell. We have seen many changes in immigration legislation in recent time and I am sure it will continue to evolve in the times to come.