ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

those waiting read what goes behind the scene

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alwaysintrouble
Newly Registered

those waiting read what goes behind the scene

Post by alwaysintrouble » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:30 pm

nationality group gets praise

http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/w ... Group1.pdf

Look at the page 11 flowchart, you dont want your application with casework team 3*

:)

emmigrator123

Post by emmigrator123 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:58 am

I presume you are joking....
Otherwise, it doesn't mean team 3 are only for application refusals, it's just how they put the arrows.

Anyway, though it's more than 2 years old, it was interesting read. It looked more like a "you scratch my back, and I will scratch yours"

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:51 pm

emmigrator123 wrote:Anyway, though it's more than 2 years old, it was interesting read. It looked more like a "you scratch my back, and I will scratch yours"
Yes, it was a very interesting work of fiction. I especially liked the bits:
  • :arrow: Customers are kept informed about progress.
    :arrow: Customers know whom to contact in the UK Border Agency about their applications and can do so easily.
    :arrow: Nationality Group communicated very well with its customers. In particular, the Contact Centre made it very easy for customers to contact Nationality Group.
Not surprisingly:
  • :arrow: we did not conduct any customer surveys, nor did we speak to any customers.

BigSam

Contacting my MP

Post by BigSam » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi barnaby,

Now that I am getting closer to the 4 months waiting time and having looked at all recent timelines, it appears that nobody received their approval between 4 and 6 months so I am preparing to a six months wait now.

You mentioned you approached your MP about your wife's application before, I was wondering if you could share some of your experience with us if you don't mind please. All or any of the below answers would be appreciated

- Did you contact your MP as soon as the 6 months wait lapsed?
- Is there anything specific you mentioned in your letter/email other than that you waited for six months perhaps to encourage your MP to take up your case?
- How did your MP repond? did he/she respond to you first then contacted UKBA? or was it the other way round?
- Is there anyhting you would advise me to do when contacting my MP after the six months?

Thanks
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

barnaby

Re: Contacting my MP

Post by barnaby » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:51 pm

BigSam wrote:- Did you contact your MP as soon as the 6 months wait lapsed?
My wife called and emailed UKBA as soon as the 6 months was up. No reply, so 12 days later I emailed our MP.
BigSam wrote:- Is there anything specific you mentioned in your letter/email other than that you waited for six months perhaps to encourage your MP to take up your case?
No, our MP (actually his caseworker) was very helpful: replied next day offering to help.
BigSam wrote:- How did your MP repond? did he/she respond to you first then contacted UKBA? or was it the other way round?
He contacted UKBA first and then immediately replied to me.
BigSam wrote:- Is there anyhting you would advise me to do when contacting my MP after the six months?
Make sure you explicitly give your MP permission to contact UKBA on your behalf. That was our mistake: after a 3-week delay UKBA replied saying that they can't divulge anything. My wife then had to email the MP to give permission, he asked again, and 3 weeks later got a more useful reply.

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:28 am

Thanks barnaby. This is very helpful.

Since I still have hope I might get a decision within the next two weeks, it is still constantly at the back of my mind :( . If I don't hear anything by end of Feb, I am going to put it to one side and wait until the end of the six months and take it from there.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:24 pm

BigSam wrote:I am going to put it to one side and wait until the end of the six months and take it from there.
BigSam I feel for you. I also feel you are heading in the right direction with your attitude now ( notice I dropped the "...by end of Feb" part ). By lowering your expectations, you will be less disappointed.

Applying for naturalisation is very stressful. You have zero control and it's clearly not done in a fair way!

When I applied, I reviewed decisions on this forum for apps one year before mine. The average decision was mid-February - the latest was the end of March. I resolved to put it out of my mind until the end of March.

One day ( much earlier than expected ), a letter unceremoniously fell through my door. I walked over and picked up my approval. No stress, no panic, no searching for ways to contact the UKBA and ask where my approval was ( I am 100% sure applications have been delayed for this ).

Expect less and you won't be disappointed - nor suffer unnecessary stress. Hope this saves you a stress management course - it's exactly what they would tell you there.

Cheers

Rod

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Ok Rod lad... do I disagree with any of the above? Absolutely not!!

I initially set my expectations to 2-3 months but as time goes by, I am only getting more anxious

Do I want this anxiety to raise my blood pressure? I don't think so.

I think I am going to forget the "end of February" bit, put this behind me and move on. If I am still waiting by end of April, I will consider my options 8)

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:22 am

BigSam wrote:Ok Rod lad... do I disagree with any of the above? Absolutely not!!

I initially set my expectations to 2-3 months but as time goes by, I am only getting more anxious

Do I want this anxiety to raise my blood pressure? I don't think so.

I think I am going to forget the "end of February" bit, put this behind me and move on...
Good.

Considering there 14 of your are postings just this month where you have used the smiley labeled "Crying or Very Sad", your spirits could use a lift :wink:

Remember stress is not an external force. Stress is something you create in your own mind!

You cannot change the speed your application is approved. You can only change the way you feel about the situation. If there is no reason for your application to be denied, then it clearly will be approved at some point. Relax and just think about how wonderful the moment will be when you receive your approval letter.