ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form 5 - NATURALISATION Residing Abroad

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tatamata
Newly Registered

Form 5 - NATURALISATION Residing Abroad

Post by tatamata » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:36 am

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered before but I am unable to locate in the forum :( .

I am naturalized citizen married to Irish Born citizen (after 2005). I recently moved abroad with my spouse and was reading through form 5 (FORM 5 - IRISH NATIONALITY AND CITIZENSHIP ACT 1956).

In the form it states 'THIS FORM IS ONLY FOR NATURALISED IRISH CITIZENS RESIDING ABROAD, WHO WERE NOT GRANTED
A CERTIFICATE OF NATURALISATION AS A PERSON OF IRISH DESCENT OR ASSOCIATIONS.'

Question: What does 'Associations' mean? Does this mean I DO NOT have to submit this form?

Thanks

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Form 5 - NATURALISATION Residing Abroad

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:31 pm

tatamata wrote:Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered before but I am unable to locate in the forum :( .

I am naturalized citizen married to Irish Born citizen (after 2005). I recently moved abroad with my spouse and was reading through form 5 (FORM 5 - IRISH NATIONALITY AND CITIZENSHIP ACT 1956).

In the form it states 'THIS FORM IS ONLY FOR NATURALISED IRISH CITIZENS RESIDING ABROAD, WHO WERE NOT GRANTED

Question: What does 'Associations' mean? Does this mean I DO NOT have to submit this form?

Thanks
Irish Associations means if there is any way you' re related to an Irish Born.
e'g Parents on an Irish born child
Grand son/daughter of an Irish born
Great grand son/daughter of an Irish born etc

You are naturalised Irish citizen and married to an Irish born. So far to my knowledge you are not qualified as someone with an Irish Association. UNless you have an Irish Born Child
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

tatamata
Newly Registered

Post by tatamata » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:06 pm

Thanks IntegratedMigrant. Just got confused with the following statement:* Section 16(2) of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956, as amended, defines being of Irish associations as meaning 'related by
blood, affinity, adoption to, or is the civil partner of a person who is an Irish citizen'. :?

Dictionary explanation for affinity = relationship by marriage or by ties other than those of blood.

Thanks anyway :)

jhbmike

Re: Form 5 - NATURALISATION Residing Abroad

Post by jhbmike » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:48 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
tatamata wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Irish Associations means if there is any way you' re related to an Irish Born.
e'g Parents on an Irish born child
Grand son/daughter of an Irish born
Great grand son/daughter of an Irish born etc

You are naturalised Irish citizen and married to an Irish born. So far to my knowledge you are not qualified as someone with an Irish Association. UNless you have an Irish Born Child
Not entirely correct. I obtained naturalisaion based on associaion...
My association was to my mother who wasnt born in Ireland and got her citizenship through the FBR.

As I live abroad now I contacted my nearest embassy and enquired if I needed to submit the form and was told no.