ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About COA!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Charlie77

About COA!!!

Post by Charlie77 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Hi everyone, has anybody on here ever been issued COA with no right to work? if so pls share your experience, almost 4month I'm waiting to be reissued COA with right to work Cheers guys.

IyaCiara

Post by IyaCiara » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:16 pm

I think that COAs that give the right to work are only issued to spouses and direct descendants.

On what basis are you applying?

Charlie77

Post by Charlie77 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:42 pm

Thanks for quick reply, married for over 3months now don't mind waiting but only if they can confirm my right to work!!!thanks again.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:10 am

Yes i hear they often do that which is against the law, you should contact them and quote Citizens Directive

quote:" Article 25

General provisions concerning residence documents

1. Possession of a registration certificate as referred to in Article 8, of a document certifying permanent residence, of a certificate attesting submission of an application for a family member residence card, of a residence card or of a permanent residence card, may under no circumstances be made a precondition for the exercise of a right or the completion of an administrative formality, as entitlement to rights may be attested by any other means of proof.

2. All documents mentioned in paragraph 1 shall be issued free of charge or for a charge not exceeding that imposed on nationals for the issuing of similar documents."

IyaCiara

Post by IyaCiara » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:18 am

Charlie77 wrote:Thanks for quick reply, married for over 3months now don't mind waiting but only if they can confirm my right to work!!!thanks again.
It is worth writing to the UKBA to request that they send you a COA as a matter of urgency. Send the letter recorded delivery and if possible get your EEA spouse to write the letter on your behalf

It is also a good idea to call the Solvit office in your EEA national's country of origin and ask them to chase the UKBA on your behalf. However this service is relatively slow.

Another idea is to approach your local MP who can send a letter to the UKBA on your behalf.

Charlie77

Post by Charlie77 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks for the advice, I have already wrote ukba a letter earlier Dec requesting a new COA but they seems to ignore me :( !!!! Sorry this will sounds a bit silly but how do I approach my local MP? Kind regards

IyaCiara

Post by IyaCiara » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:02 am

http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

Click on the link and enter your postcode. This will tell you who your local MP is. Then you can make an appointment to see them.

Charlie77

Post by Charlie77 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:17 am

Thank you so much really appreciate your help.

JuanHK
Newly Registered

Waiting for 4 months---no answers

Post by JuanHK » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:18 pm

Charlie77 wrote:Thanks for the advice, I have already wrote ukba a letter earlier Dec requesting a new COA but they seems to ignore me :( !!!! Sorry this will sounds a bit silly but how do I approach my local MP? Kind regards
Hi there,

I have the same situation. I applied EEA2 on 2nd October, I got the COA but without confirmation of the right to work, which is really annoying. I left my marriage certificate when applied, but sent again later on. I wrote more than 6 letters to UKBA for chasing a correct COA, no answers yet. My husband also wrote a letter to MP regarding to the same issue, but we havn't heard from the MP nor UKBA. It has been three weeks since he wrote to the MP.

I recently got a job offer, I explained to the employer that I can legally work at UK with or without a residence card, because I married to an EU citizen. But they request me to bring passport or visa for the first day to work. I have no idea what I should bring....

Help!

Juan

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Re: Waiting for 4 months---no answers

Post by Pablito » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:37 pm

JuanHK wrote:
Charlie77 wrote:Thanks for the advice, I have already wrote ukba a letter earlier Dec requesting a new COA but they seems to ignore me :( !!!! Sorry this will sounds a bit silly but how do I approach my local MP? Kind regards
Hi there,

I have the same situation. I applied EEA2 on 2nd October, I got the COA but without confirmation of the right to work, which is really annoying. I left my marriage certificate when applied, but sent again later on. I wrote more than 6 letters to UKBA for chasing a correct COA, no answers yet. My husband also wrote a letter to MP regarding to the same issue, but we havn't heard from the MP nor UKBA. It has been three weeks since he wrote to the MP.

I recently got a job offer, I explained to the employer that I can legally work at UK with or without a residence card, because I married to an EU citizen. But they request me to bring passport or visa for the first day to work. I have no idea what I should bring....

Help!

Juan

Perhaps it is good idea to write to them a letter with the above article i quoted earlier on and mention that you will pursue legal advise and compensation for time you were unable to work because your lawful right has been broken by them.

JuanHK
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting for 4 months---no answers

Post by JuanHK » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:51 pm

Pablito wrote:
JuanHK wrote:
Hi there,

Help!

Juan

Perhaps it is good idea to write to them a letter with the above article i quoted earlier on and mention that you will pursue legal advise and compensation for time you were unable to work because your lawful right has been broken by them.
The problem is I have written such letter to UKBA during my waiting time. They seems not be bothered at all....I have given up the hope they will take my letter seriously......that's why I have also ignored them and starting applying for a job.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:41 pm

my MP doesnt seem interested in doing anything about wifes case...

I asked his assistant to write a letter to UKBA in Liverpool reitterating the mail sent by myself and wife (two letters and three emails now). his assistant promised to call back but never did.

As my wife is applying for a DRF card as the primary carer of a british citizen, she should be granted the right to work... but ukba have "been unable to confirm her right to work"

JuanHK
Newly Registered

Just got a new COA with work permission

Post by JuanHK » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:18 pm

I just got the new COA from UKBA today which confirmed my right to work!!!! So surprising!

I am not sure whether it is the letter my husband recently wrote to them worked. I have written more than 4 letters to them, they totally ignored me!

Anyway, I think it is good experience to share. Anyone who got the COA letter without work permission, it is worth to write letters to UKBA to request a new COA to revamp the mistatke. Of course it will be under the condition that you have submitte all requested materials.

I am so happy! Hope you guys will also have good luck to deal with UKBA.

My timeline is:

submission of application: 02 Oct, 2012
receive COA: 06 Oct, 2012---------unable to confirm the right to work in UK
Passports recall: 22 Dec, 2012
receive a new COA:08 Feb, 2013
RC: TBC

Charlie77

Post by Charlie77 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:32 am

Well done JaunHK and thanks for sharing, got
my local MP involved a week ago but
haven't heard anything yet, wrote them
a letter early Dec requesting a new COA
still waiting,,,,,,,it's so frustrating but I'm
hopefull luck will come my way one day

There's a cross before a crown

Charlie77

Post by Charlie77 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:08 pm

As I mentioned above COA no right to work,
does anyone think its worth sending more supporting evidence
like pictures,emails,skype history,phone records etc proving genuineness
of our relationship even though we haven't been asked to do so.

Does immigration history matters if one is married to an EEA national? if it does why haven't i being called for an interview or anything like that, however
if it doesn't matter why have I been diened the right to work while my appl is
under consideration?

Document send with EEA2
Marriage certificate
Two recent wage slips (wife)
Emolyment contract (wife)
Utility bills:Tv licence (wife's name) Bt (my name)
Letter from landlord confirming 2years of residence but now moved since early
December 2012 (updated with UKBA)
Two valid passports + two passport photos with my name on it.

Need help, it's been four months now.
Thank you in advance for your help

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:05 pm

Charlie77,

I'd recommend complaining to the UKBA, firstly that you've been issued with the wrong COA, and secondly, that they haven't rectified it.

UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Once my complaint was finally looked at, I received my RC within two weeks! (My complaint was about the length of time it was taking to get our passports back, but eventually also included complaining about the lack of response to the initial complaint!!)

Good luck!
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

music2013
Newly Registered

Post by music2013 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:17 am

EEA2 married WITH NO RIGHT TO WORK ADVICE PLS

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:29 am

music2013 wrote:EEA2 married WITH NO RIGHT TO WORK ADVICE PLS
What do you mean? You need advice on what? Did you receive a COA that doesn't state your right to work? If so, what advice are you hoping to get, other than what people have already said above?
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

music2013
Newly Registered

Post by music2013 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:57 pm

Just checking if any body have been able to resolve this problem by any means??

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:37 am

music2013 wrote:Just checking if any body have been able to resolve this problem by any means??
Complain to ukba and strongly.

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Application sent:4/2/13
Delivered and signed for:5/2/13
Requested COA: 4/3/13
COA (with authorisation to work) received last week but dated 5/2/13..

kampk121

Post by kampk121 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi All,

I have retain my right of residence after the divorce with eea national. I applied for PR on 8th of march and got the COA a week after.
COA letters doesnt confirms my right to work. is it something to worry about?
should I do something. or its just an error of case worker of HO.
Plz advise if someone knows about that situation.
kind regards.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:11 pm

kampk121 wrote:Hi All,

I have retain my right of residence after the divorce with eea national. I applied for PR on 8th of march and got the COA a week after.
COA letters doesnt confirms my right to work. is it something to worry about?
should I do something. or its just an error of case worker of HO.
Plz advise if someone knows about that situation.
kind regards.
Assuming you still have a valid RC (following the RoR application), I would not worry about the CoA wording. It has no affect and doesn't imply on the outcome of your application.

kampk121

Post by kampk121 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:12 am

[quote="Jambo"][
Thanks Jambo for ur prompt reply. It really has decreased my stress level.
thanks once again for ur help.