ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Victim of wrong accusation.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

first2last4

Victim of wrong accusation.

Post by first2last4 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:08 am

Friends if you have any idea I need a very important advice on this.

I am an Asian (Indian) living in UK with my family (wife and daugter). I live in my current residence from last 1 year and my (american) neighbour has been living from last 8 - 9 months. From the time he has come to live I have also got the feeeling of beloved against me. It does'nt looks like he is employed as he seems to have ample amount of time to indulge in others life.

He had lodged a complaint to my local council accusing me as a wife beater and abusing my family which is utter rubbish. The council admin did visited my home and my wife rejected his statement as absolutely false and disgusting. Yesterday he spoke to me as I returned from my holiday that I should stop doing what he has alleged for otherwise this will be escalated to the police. I told him he should go to the council or the police if he is really concerned.

As I am away to work for the whole day I am really really worried for my family as he is a rough guy and do not hesitate to talk to my wife directly which I hate. Also I am on WP visa and need to ensure that any move I take will not effect my status or any application (including natulisation) in future.

What should I do ? should I approach the council?

I am also considering to move from my current residence.

Thank a lot for reading.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:05 am

first of all, UK law applies to everyone in the UK - work permit holders, visitors and citizens alike.

When you eventually apply for naturalisation they will run your details by the police. All that can count against you are criminal convictions or strong suspicions of wrongdoing. Any police report in which you are the complainant can not count against you.

It is your right to complain to the police if you or your family are being harrassed.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:08 am

first2last4,

Can you let us know which locality you live in ??

See we can help.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:00 pm

nileshratan wrote:first2last4,

See we can help.
hmmmmmmm..

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:06 pm

nileshratan wrote:first2last4,

See we can help.
Nilesh,

Would that really matter, the law should be same in whole UK.
But still if it does I stay in East London which is not having a good image

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:50 pm

Why don't you lay a charge of harassment against him at your local police station. Tell them that you fear for the safety of your wife and kids and that you fear he may be a sexual predator or a child molester. That should get their attention.

Or try to get the council to issue an ASBO against him.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:52 pm

I would file for harassment. Or just move away from Mr Nutter.

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:00 pm

I was thinking may Mr Nutter thinks what are you doing in a "White" area. But east london should be fine.

I think you should do what Rogerio is suggesting.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Are you sure he's American? There can't be that many unemployed Americans hanging around the East end with nothing to do all day but harass Indians. Lots of British, yes, but Americans?
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:22 pm

Yes he is an american and as I've heard he dont have a good history probably criminal cases against him in the US.

I went to the local council and they suggested me to talk to "Anti-Harassment and Discrimination Bureau" in my local area. Since this is the first time he has spoken to me directly I want to treat as Mr Nutter. I am thinking of filing harassment case against him without any action being taken. This would be a proactive step from my side.

Stu13
Newly Registered

Post by Stu13 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:46 pm

What does this have to do with immigration? I thought this was an immigration forum.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:28 am

The OP was asking if the accusations made against him are likely to jeopardise his visa or his chances of obtaining British citizenship. He has a point, since the Home Office's definition of "good character" is more general than simply having no criminal record. However, I really don't think the Home Office definition takes into account accusations which are found to be false by the police.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:07 am

Thanks for eloborating my point Marco.