ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help in completing the AN Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Medu
Newly Registered

Help in completing the AN Form

Post by Medu » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:30 am

My wife and I are facing few obstacles to complete the AN form for my wife’s application for naturalisation as a British citizen on the bases of been married to a British citizen.
I would appreciate an advice on the following.
1.Item 1.17: about our address for the last 5 years, my wife is applying under the 3 years law, so I’m confused do I write our address for 5 years as requested or only for the 3 years.
2.On the same point above, we are still living in the last address, so what date should I put down as an end date, will it be the date of placing the application or can we write To Present or both.
3.Is it advisable to write a covering letter in support of my wife’s application.
4.Section -5- Referees
•Is there any issue if my wife’s referees are from different city in the UK i.e. not from our city.
•Is a retired teacher considered as a professional referee, it is not clear on the professional list.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:39 am

Using your numbering :-
  1. Both the form and the Guide say 5 years. When my own wife applied a few years ago, we covered the 5 years with her address in the country she came from.
  2. Your current address has gone into 1.16, and you have entered the date you moved into that address. I think you should only put former addresses, if any, into 1.17.
  3. No.
  4. It does not matter where the referees live, as long as they have known the applicant for the required amount of time. As regards who can act as a referee, there is quite an active topic on this subject .... Accepted Professions.
John