ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

killban1971
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by killban1971 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:03 pm

ken2mj wrote:They do seem to be making serious headway into reducing the number of outstanding applications if the recent flurry of decisions over the last week or two is anything to go by.
From the amount of people getting their Decisions and Docs back, they do seem to be making progress.
ken2mj wrote:I can't believe it has finally arrived. The wife has already submitted thirty billion job applications online since it arrived. So, so happy.
I am glad that some people can get going with job hunting. It seems to me from reading these message boards that most people waiting for a decision are also waiting to get a job and move on with their lives. Think of the lost Tax and NI from all these people awaiting a decision.

ken2mj
Newly Registered

Post by ken2mj » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:23 pm

TODMATT wrote: I wanted to find out if you think your application was judged based on the old rules or the new rule because some old application were judged based on this. Please clarify

Thank you
The decision would have been made under the old rules as we originally entered the family route in April 2012, under a fiancee visa.

The new rules apply to fresh applications under the family route from I believe it was the 7th(ish) of July 2012.

Kaolo
Newly Registered

Post by Kaolo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:30 pm

Yeah , i think just like me, most people here are stuck with the 'old' job because they cant apply for a new one.

Even worse, those on fiancée visa do not work, It is unbelievable. How do they expect them to survive almost one year 'only' on their partner's income.

Just like Todmatt and ken2mj , i applied back in June, biometric done in August. I am really excited now.

God dey.

Jrson
Newly Registered

Brp received

Post by Jrson » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi, I am a silent follower of this forum. I've now received my brp and thought I'd give my timeline:

Application sent: 22 of May 2012
Biometrics letter received: 8 of June 2012
Biometrics done: 11 of June 2012
Visa approved: 29 of January 2013
Documents and brp received: 4th of February, 2013

I have changed from tier 4 student visa

Good luck and hold in there for those still waiting.

totocha
Newly Registered

Re: URGENT - TRAVEL ON EMERGENCY PASSPORT

Post by totocha » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:39 pm

[/quote]Heather3687 wrote:

1. Can I depart the UK while the visa application is in process, without forfeiting my FLR(M) application?

2. If I can travel, what documentation do I need to take with me in order to legally return to the UK?

-------------------------------------------------------------
I'm extremely sorry for your granddad’s death. I can't feel that that's a just someone's story. Unreasonably long waiting time makes me so worry if the situation like what you've been facing could happen to me.

If there is no hope for getting anything written confirmation of your situation from UKBA in time, all I can think of is this:
You take all of paper correspondences from UKBA such as an acknowledgment letter, which can prove that you have been on the process and have a right to be back. Don't forget you are in an emergency situation that hasn't been caused by your mistake or anything. UKBA HAS TO consider this. A Waiting time shouldn't get that long in the first place anyway.

Then try if you can get any letter from the US embassy too. I should think they can, at least, produce something explaining why the emergency passport needed to be issued for this particular situation. That will show the legitimacy of your leave to US during your UKBA application and your right to come back, I think.

Do have safe journey there and back, Heather.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Applied FLR(M): 05/07/12
Acknowledgement letter: 11/07/12
Biometrics taken: 08/09/12
Docs Returned: Waiting
BRP: Waiting

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:09 am

Please can anyone update on now they went about the income threshold for applicants who applied after the July 9th rule ; where the HO said the british citizen has to earn 18,600 pound annually before they can marry a foreign national ?

Please if there is anyone who has applied and has any update kindly respond.

Thanks ALL.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:42 am

icehouse256 wrote:Please can anyone update on now they went about the income threshold for applicants who applied after the July 9th rule ; where the HO said the british citizen has to earn 18,600 pound annually before they can marry a foreign national ?

Please if there is anyone who has applied and has any update kindly respond
The above statement is true. What other updates are you looking for?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:43 am

icehouse256 wrote:Please can anyone update on now they went about the income threshold for applicants who applied after the July 9th rule ; where the HO said the british citizen has to earn 18,600 pound annually before they can marry a foreign national ?

Thanks ALL.
You don't need your sponsor to be earning 18600 to get married. You can get married. You could enter the UK on a fiance visa and get married within 6 months. The problem is that your sponsor must be earning 18600 annually or above. If they don't then you will be refused. If they do earn above you will be succesful in your fiance visa and FLR ( M ) bear in mind that the FLR (M) can take 9 months. If you're on a fiance visa and then waiting for FLR you cannot work. I would say it may be better if your sponsor marries you in your country. Then try and line up interviews etc to get a job as you come to the UK. You can then show income from your spouse and new income from you. Your sponsor will still need to earn 18600 but if they are borderline then your possible income will go a long way in helping to secure your FLR.

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:18 am

DieselD wrote:

Thanks ALL.
You don't need your sponsor to be earning 18600 to get married. You can get married. You could enter the UK on a fiance visa and get married within 6 months. The problem is that your sponsor must be earning 18600 annually or above. If they don't then you will be refused. If they do earn above you will be succesful in your fiance visa and FLR ( M ) bear in mind that the FLR (M) can take 9 months. If you're on a fiance visa and then waiting for FLR you cannot work. I would say it may be better if your sponsor marries you in your country. Then try and line up interviews etc to get a job as you come to the UK. You can then show income from your spouse and new income from you. Your sponsor will still need to earn 18600 but if they are borderline then your possible income will go a long way in helping to secure your FLR.
The UKBA will not take the immigrant's income or potential earning power into account, as I understand. They make the decision purely on whether the sponsor earns over the £18,600 threshold. This is one of the many reasons why this income threshold is damned unfair: the sponsor could be a student earning nothing and the immigrant could be a surgeon with the potential to earn a fortune in this country, but they would still be denied a visa...

waitsomemore
Newly Registered

Post by waitsomemore » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:35 pm

after waiting for 6 months for my FLR(M) decision, i ring UKBA to enquire about my application. apparently they are that busy they can't even answer the phone! UKBA currently advising you to ring back via a recorded msg and HAVEN'T EVEN GOT THE DECENCY TO ANSWER THE PHONE!

AussieBlueJeans
Newly Registered

Post by AussieBlueJeans » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:44 pm

waitsomemore wrote:after waiting for 6 months for my FLR(M) decision, i ring UKBA to enquire about my application. apparently they are that busy they can't even answer the phone! UKBA currently advising you to ring back via a recorded msg and HAVEN'T EVEN GOT THE DECENCY TO ANSWER THE PHONE!
I know. I have tried them three times and gotten the same message as you. It's a joke really.

DieselD

Skydrive FLR (M)

Post by DieselD » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Add your timeline to this spreedsheet on skydrive. Link posted on page 97.

[/code]

Xiaozhu

Query

Post by Xiaozhu » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi again

Does anyone know whether the UKBA send spouse passports and documents back using a courier, or via Royal Mail? We're moving soon and don't want to change our address with the UKBA (too much hassle, they'll get it wrong and I'm worried it might delay the application further as they may want to see proof that our new home satisfies the accommodation requirements etc (which it does...)). We've heard they just send it back in a normal second class envelope, not registered or special or anything (disgraceful really), in which case we could just ask Royal Mail to divert our post to our new address.

Thanks.

RobertaOlive
Newly Registered

Waiting for four months now... should I panic or get a grip?

Post by RobertaOlive » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Sorry just realised, I'm in the wrong topic list!!!

Hi fellow applicants,

I have suffered in the hands of UKBA for a long time now... sometimes I worry for the permanent mental damage these guys will have incurred on me and my partner.

I was hoping someone would have similar application times to mine, and I'm curious to hear from them:

Applied SET(M) through settlement checking service*: 10/10/12

*that means registrar's already checked all documents, copied authentified and return my originals (cost £80), you'd think half of their job was already done!

Money taken: 18/10/12

Received letter asking for biometrics to be taken: 30/11/12

That was the date on the letter, I actually only got the letter on the 7/12

Biometrics taken: 10/12/12

BRP: Waiting

I tried calling too, they said they can't give any information before six months have elapsed!

My mom is due to have surgery back at home in Brazil on the 28/3 and I bought tickets a month ago hoping that it shouldn't take so long. My travels plans are for exactly 5 months and 2 weeks after the application was sent and I still don't know if I'll be able to go.

I just cannot believe those guys! I know my case is far less complicated than some (no dependants/husband is british) but for crying out loud, what are they doind with our £991 fee?

Sorry! A bit of a drama queen moment, but am I the only one that thinks UKBA is not fit for purpose?

Coming from a developing country like I do, I think their service is worse than anything I've seen back at home...

Good luck to y'all
:oops:

ADee
Newly Registered

Re: First post & Timeline

Post by ADee » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:Use this link to search for your local MP and draft your request. Its a usual email explaining the situation and state that you've now crossed the standard waiting time. Every individual is different and have different history. So, I wonder if a generic template would serve. BTW Keep us updated.
ID29 wrote: Thank you ADee, sorry for the late response but I've been working away.

Like you, this forum was a great help while awaiting the outcome of our own application (I'm the sponsor) and therefore it seems only fair that I give something back when I can. To be fair though, the best contributions don't come from us wise heads; but from those like yourself that share your time-lines. Somewhere, someone, will be reading this that has a similar application path to yours and will be hugely comforted that they are not alone... and that is priceless.

As for your question about involving your MP? There is no standard format letter. Simply introduce yourself, explain your problem/concern and ask if he/she could assist. I caution you that MPs don't have any privileged access or sway over the UKBA so don't expect any miracles in your own case. But collectively, the more MPs alerted to the problems with the application process will, over time, help improve the system.

Stay strong, the wait is worth it even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment.
First of all,thank you so much 'Damanisshallo' and 'ID 29' for replies and valuable help.
well just to let you guys know, I didn't write to my MP yet, as by reading experiences of the others and understanding the fact ,involvement of MPs has no greater impact on application process , so I left it as it is. :)
Secondaly,I did call the UKBA to enquire about my application and got the same 'typical' premeditated answer.
'Your application is still in process and the UKBA will contact you as soon there will be any updates. :(
what a shame ,over 7 months wait and you have to hear this kind of answers from their uninterested staff.
anyways I am trying my best to stay focus and positive as I am not alone here :) There is light on the other corner of tunnel.

Timeline :

Date Applied/Docs sent: 3/7/2012
Date Received Ack. Letter: 18/7/2012
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 13/10/2012
Date Biometrics Appointment : 15/10/2012
Date Complaint Sent to HO : 18/12/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Still Waiting
Date BRP Received:Still Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(M)

ADee
Newly Registered

Post by ADee » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:07 pm

AussieBlueJeans wrote:
waitsomemore wrote:after waiting for 6 months for my FLR(M) decision, i ring UKBA to enquire about my application. apparently they are that busy they can't even answer the phone! UKBA currently advising you to ring back via a recorded msg and HAVEN'T EVEN GOT THE DECENCY TO ANSWER THE PHONE!
I know. I have tried them three times and gotten the same message as you. It's a joke really.
I am not sure if it will be helpful to any of you,I did call UKBA yesterday and in my first attempt I had the same situation ,a recorded message came into my way to speak to a real person.

In my second attempt I made my call using an app 'WEQFORU',,
(a smartphones app that helps to make free calls to premium numbers,i.e 0845,0870 etc),,

in that call I just press 9* on my keypad while recorded msg was on and my call automatically went into the queue ,and after approximately 8 minutes I was connected to a live person.

btw with the help of that app you don't have to wait in queue as you got automatic ring back when it connects to an operator.
Please try calling by using this app , as it may help you to connect to a real person so you could have answers of your queries.

Stay Positive & Keep Helping Each other :)

xiaoma
Newly Registered

Re: Query

Post by xiaoma » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Xiaozhu wrote:Hi again

Does anyone know whether the UKBA send spouse passports and documents back using a courier, or via Royal Mail? We're moving soon and don't want to change our address with the UKBA (too much hassle, they'll get it wrong and I'm worried it might delay the application further as they may want to see proof that our new home satisfies the accommodation requirements etc (which it does...)). We've heard they just send it back in a normal second class envelope, not registered or special or anything (disgraceful really), in which case we could just ask Royal Mail to divert our post to our new address.

Thanks.
H
Hi xiaozhu
The UKBA sent my spouse passport back using a special delivery.
Regards,
Tina

Kaolo
Newly Registered

Good news.

Post by Kaolo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:27 pm

As anticipated after seeing here that many may/june applicants were receiving their documents. My documents were returned today after 8 very long and stressful months.

We can say that, things are really moving in the home office.

A little background on my case:

I was on student visa when i posted my application, i sent a letter from the school confirming my attendance/graduation date, etc. , my first (UK) degree (for the language requirement), 6 months payslip for both my partner and i (we both work part time, and earned less than 1000 combined every month) , 6 months bank statements, our marriage certificate and our tenancy agreement.
At the time of the application back in june, i had just over one month left on the validity of my passport, (there was a receipt from the high commission of my country proving that i have applied for a new passport) and 5 months left on my student visa.

Here is my timeline to date:

Application sent: 26 / 06 / 12
Acknowledgement letter: 29 / 06 / 12
Biometric letter received: 08 / 08 / 12
Biometric enrolled at Holborn: 13 / 08 / 12
Requested wife's passport: 1 / 11 / 12
Wife's passport returned: 7/ 11 / 12
Documents and approval letter returned: 04 / 02 / 13
Brp will follow within 10 days.

--

I would like to thank you all for the information you post on this forum. Helped me go through the entire process as i did not use a solicitor.

I will update the Skydrive sheet, and keep and eye on this thread to help with the little i know, other people going through this process.

Salam.

Heather3687
Newly Registered

Post by Heather3687 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Just a quick update:

I do have a job and it is important that I return to it.

I've never had an emergency passport, but based on what friends have said about emergency British passports, they're designed to be easy to spot in the immigration queue and will be taken from you when you re-enter the UK. I know that US citizens are allowed a second passport, but I don't think that is the same as an emergency one (but I stand to be corrected).

In December I asked UKBA (via our MP and directly) for return of my passport for compassionate reasons to visit my dying grandfather. I got a standard response saying that they determine applications in the order they are received (quite a different thing to returning a document while the application continues to be processed). Therefore it would seem that they no longer return documents for compassionate reasons.

I spoke to UKBA yesterday afternoon and I was told that I would not be allowed to re-enter the UK and my application for FLR(M) would be cancelled, if I leave the UK. The telephonist was very apologetic, but that's the policy.

I've decided not to risk going to the funeral.

I'm not in this country because I want to scrounge benefits or because life here is any better than where I come from (it's not...). I'm here because my husband is based here, for the time being at least. I am a teacher at an inner-city school and I feel like I've contributed a lot to the UK but received little in return. But that's fine, because I don't vote.

Rant over!

ID29

Post by ID29 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:05 am

Heather3687 wrote:.... I've decided not to risk going to the funeral.
I think you've made a wise (if albeit painful personal) decision.

I read your message the other day and didn't have time to respond but feared you were about to make bad move.

Previous incarnations of the immigration service have always assisted those with compassionate grounds for expediency but sadly this has been abused for a long time by those seeking to jump the queue. It's no surprise therefore that this route is now severely tested and rationed to those with the most dire and extenuating need. Similarly, you don't have to read long through these forums to see messages from folk applying for visas but then trying to find ways of spending time back in their own countries (or coming to grief after returning home for long periods). The average observer might casually wonder if these folk truly want to be here at all and doubt their sincerity in wishing to make the UK their new home? Its taken a while, but the UKBA has finally caught up and now asks the same essential question when someone deviates from the proscribed application path.

So while the British are rightly famous for their tolerance and fairness, its unfortunate that the world has changed and institutions like the UKBA cannot simply be as flexible as they once were. Sadly, it also means that occasionally a genuine case (such as yours) gets referred to the rule book/policy rather than a human decision maker with the authority to act. I wish it were different but we all know what would happen the moment they lightened up or started making allowances?

Here's hoping your application is dealt with swiftly so that you can return home to pay your respects.

Regards
John.

By the way, a British citizen can also obtain a second passport if they can demonstrate the need for one and that it won't be used fraudulently. And no, its not the same as an emergency one.

rassell
Newly Registered

Flr m application waiting,

Post by rassell » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:12 am

Hi,thanks all,any one advice me plz, I applied on 5th may 2012,(flr m) bio taken 05th July 2012, After 8 months 7 days today 6/02/2013 I have got a letter from home office, that requested to send my baby's birth certificate !!! Because when I applied I mentioned my wife is pregnant ,but unfortunately she got miscarriage. She was in hospital for 5-6 days .we have all documents from hospital. Other thing is that I changed my address .so what should I do now ? Is it ok if I just send them the documents of my wife's miscurige ? And why they asked for this documents .plz advice me,I am worried abt my application ,my mum is very ill in my home country.but I am not abole to see her, So if I send them the documents ,will I get my documents soon. ?

Xiaozhu

Re: Flr m application waiting,

Post by Xiaozhu » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:57 am

rassell wrote:Hi,thanks all,any one advice me plz, I applied on 5th may 2012,(flr m) bio taken 05th July 2012, After 8 months 7 days today 6/02/2013 I have got a letter from home office, that requested to send my baby's birth certificate !!! Because when I applied I mentioned my wife is pregnant ,but unfortunately she got miscarriage. She was in hospital for 5-6 days .we have all documents from hospital. Other thing is that I changed my address .so what should I do now ? Is it ok if I just send them the documents of my wife's miscurige ? And why they asked for this documents .plz advice me,I am worried abt my application ,my mum is very ill in my home country.but I am not abole to see her, So if I send them the documents ,will I get my documents soon. ?
Really sorry to hear about your wife's miscarriage. You need to send the UKBA the medical documents, and a cover letter explaining what happened, as soon as you possibly can. The fact that they have requested further information means that someone is actively looking at your application and it will be decided soon. You can change your address via the online form I think - although I'm not sure what effect (if any) this has on your application.

Has anyone else had experience of changing address? Do the UKBA ask to see evidence of the new home's suitability etc?

It may be worth sending evidence of your new home's suitability to the UKBA along with the medical documents. When we applied for a fiance visa we sent: photos of the flat and a floor plan (to show it's big enough), our tenancy agreement and a letter from the landlord confirming my husband is allowed to live there, council tax and energy bills in my name as proof of address and also we highlighted the rent leaving my bank account every month on my bacnk statements. This was enough for them without having to have a formal inspection of the flat.
Application recieved: 24 August 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 29 August
BM letter dated: 18 November 2012 (arrived 21 November 2012)
BM given: 22 November 2012
Documents and BRP received: 7 March 2013

Xcape_24
Nigeria

Post by Xcape_24 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:04 am

rassell wrote:Hi,thanks all,any one advice me plz, I applied on 5th may 2012,(flr m) bio taken 05th July 2012, After 8 months 7 days today 6/02/2013 I have got a letter from home office, that requested to send my baby's birth certificate !!! Because when I applied I mentioned my wife is pregnant ,but unfortunately she got miscarriage. She was in hospital for 5-6 days .we have all documents from hospital. Other thing is that I changed my address .so what should I do now ? Is it ok if I just send them the documents of my wife's miscurige ? And why they asked for this documents .plz advice me,I am worried abt my application ,my mum is very ill in my home country.but I am not abole to see her, So if I send them the documents ,will I get my documents soon. ?
Send them the certificate from the hospital and am pretty much sure you would have all your documents and visa back in a matter of two week,there reason why they might be asking for a birth certificate is to put the baby details in your file on their system, I had a letter from the UKBA 3weeks ago asking for a document and I receive all my document and visa a week after

SJ_2013

Post by SJ_2013 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:06 am

Hi, Sorry to hear about the miscarriage.

Not sure why they have asked for the birth certificate. I would advise you send all the miscarriage document. For address change, you need to change it online in UKBA site.
https://contact-ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... y-details/

Also call them after couple of days to confirm as sometimes they do it wrong like in my case they did it wrong. Also since you are sending miscarriage document, I would suggest you send your address proof document with a letter mentioning why you sending the address proof.

Hope this helps. Not sure if this will help your document sooner as we can't trust UKBA.

rassell
Newly Registered

Flr m waiting time

Post by rassell » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:50 am

Hi.thanks to all for advice me,I will send all medical docents very soon which they wanted , Plz pray for me all, I will keep update ....., Bye