ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

shoplifting convection effect on ILR?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tcmydear
Newly Registered

shoplifting convection effect on ILR?

Post by tcmydear » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:50 pm

I am on ILR (General) 10 years long residency. My wife was dependant visa of tier 1 before applied for Flr m. she is completing her two years. and after getting FLR M she can apply for Set M.

Few days ago my wife made mistake of shop lifting and she was caught in shop . Later police was called and she was taken to the police station. After keeping some time in police station taking the information from her she wa allowed to go home but their case was forward to the court and She told to pay penalty in court.She have charged and pay penalty. I am sure this is criminal conviction.

Can some one please tell me will this shop lifting can affect on her ILR Set M application status as my spouse?
Thanks for your time.

Prince74

Re: shoplifting convection effect on ILR?

Post by Prince74 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:09 pm

tcmydear wrote:I am on ILR (General) 10 years long residency. My wife was dependant visa of tier 1 before applied for Flr m. she is completing her two years. and after getting FLR M she can apply for Set M.

Few days ago my wife made mistake of shop lifting and she was caught in shop . Later police was called and she was taken to the police station. After keeping some time in police station taking the information from her she wa allowed to go home but their case was forward to the court and She told to pay penalty in court.She have charged and pay penalty. I am sure this is criminal conviction.

Can some one please tell me will this shop lifting can affect on her ILR Set M application status as my spouse?
Thanks for your time.
Yes it would affect her ILR application. Seek help from a professional.

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:33 am

Read this sticky here:

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=120784

the last point might apply in your case:
(iv) they have, within the 24 months preceding the date of the application, been convicted of or admitted an offence for which they have received a non-custodial sentence or other out of court disposal that is recorded on their criminal record.”
As suggested professional help is required I think.