ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR for new born!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ginger.garlic

Applying ILR for new born!!

Post by ginger.garlic » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:18 pm

Dear All,

Most important thanks a lot for all the help I keep getting from this forum. Wonderful work!!

Recently I got my Tier1(til Dec 2014) extended and by the time I received it I got eligible for ILR.

I am soon going to enter parenting world and we are expecting our first baby in June this year.

We are planing delivery in UK but not intrested in British passport for our baby for now. After going through lots of threads in this forum we concluded that if any of the parent have ILR then by default baby get british citizenship and we can not apply ILR for baby.

My queries are
1. Is my understanding correct as stated above?
2. If we delay our ILR till baby arrival and then apply for ILR can I directly include my baby as ILR dependant?
3. I am from India(No dual citizenship), If we apply ILR now and register our baby with Indian embassy and go to India. Could I apply ILR for my baby from there?

Your advise and suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:37 pm

If you are granted ILR before baby's birth in the UK, then baby may apply for a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode instead of a British passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:29 pm

vinny wrote:If you are granted ILR before baby's birth in the UK, then baby may apply for a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode instead of a British passport.
Hi Vinny,

Thanks for your reply.

I have gone through all the links you mentioned but I got more confused as I did not find any information on the right abode for the child born in UK when parents are on ILR.

Plus I am worried if this will complicate things later.

Could you or anyone guide me what happens if I get Indian passport for my baby and we are on ILR then what options are left for baby?

Thanks a lot

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:25 am

Note that child is automatically British, if born in the UK to a parent already holding ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

shendean

Post by shendean » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:45 am

my husband is british. and i have my flr-m extension.

planning to have a bby soon. so what visa she could have?
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:30 pm

If born in the UK, then baby will be automatically British otherwise than by descent.

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:30 pm

Vinny, Thanks for your replies.I have gone through the links you provided but still not clear with few things.

In the context if we register our baby birth in Indian consulate UK and get Indian passport. Now as baby is having Indian passport and parents are on ILR.

Which British visa can we apply for baby?
Won't they accept ILR dependant if not what status baby will be left in?
What in case if we travel to India and then returning back, can we apply ILR dependant from India?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:15 pm

230 views and no replies. Everyone please give your views.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Baby's status will depend on when and where the baby was born.

Non-British babies with ILR parents may apply for
child settlement visas with ILE endorsement from outside the UK; or
Indefinite leave to remain from inside the UK.

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:56 pm

vinny wrote:Baby's status will depend on when and where the baby was born.

Non-British babies with ILR parents may apply for
child settlement visas with ILE endorsement from outside the UK; or
Indefinite leave to remain from inside the UK.
Dear Vinny,

I really appreciate and thanks your efforts in replying my queries.

Each time you provide a link I try to go through it carefully but I am fail to find anywhere which states that child born in UK to ILR parents can apply as ILR dependant ?
And as till now I got somewhat agree that we can't do so but from your reply there looks like hope but cant find definite link on the site.

Could you help me further or anyone else please help.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:02 am

Children born in the UK, to a parent already with ILR, are automatically British.

They technically shouldn't apply for ILR, as British citizens are not subject to Immigration controls.
vinny wrote:then baby may apply for a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode instead of a British passport.
Click on instead.