ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Dependent Extension Outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunny!!!

Tier-1 Dependent Extension Outside UK

Post by sunny!!! » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:54 am

Dear All,
I would be grateful for your prompt response to my query, which I have not been able to find out on the website of UKBA/this forum.
I am currently a Tier-1 General visa holder in UK, and my dependent (wife) is currently in Pakistan. We were married in July 2012 and she had secured her dependent visa in August 2012 but due to her mother’s unforeseen serious health condition, she has not been able to travel to UK until now. However, I went to see her for a month over the Christmas break.
Our current Tier-1 visas are due to expire in March 2013. I will be applying for extension within a week at PEO here in UK.
In the meanwhile, her mother’s health condition has been improving and now I can see my wife joining me within a span of a month or two (e.g. April 2013). However, this might require her to obtain extension of her visa from BHC Islamabad.
My main question is: Could you please shed some light on whether or not her not entering the UK on the currently granted Tier-1 dependent visa can have a negative impact on the extension application from Pakistan?
Can she apply for extension from outside UK?
I can accompany the documentary evidence with her application regarding her mother’s health condition, as well as my visit to Pakistan to see her in December 2012 (Passort entry/exit stamps).
In short, kindly advice me whether or not she can apply and obtain PBS depend visa extension from Pakistan without previously being entered to UK.
I thank you all in advance for your guidance and anticipate your prompt advice.

Sunny
Last edited by sunny!!! on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:32 am

Extension applications cannot be applied from outside UK. You can "extend" your stay only if you are in the UK.

You have 2 options:

1. If her current dependant visa expires before she can travel to UK then she will have to apply for entry clerance again at Islamabad (similar to the way she obtained her current entry clearance/visa).

2. She can travel to UK on her current visa before its expiry date even after you get an extension here. SHe can then apply for extension of her dependant visa from UK.

sunny!!!

Post by sunny!!! » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:27 am

Dear HSMP1412,
Thank you very much for your valued response, however, just wanted to know whether it is stated indicated somewhere on UKBA website? I am afraid I have not been able to see anything about it.
Basically, I had a chance to discuss with a trusted OISC Immigration Advisor, who advised me that as far as I can provide proof of relationship and explain the situation, there should not be any problem obtaining “extension” from Pakistan.
A common sense agrees with what you are suggesting, however, a confident contrary response from a senior immigration advisor has made me confuse.
Please do shed some further light on it, and perhaps another senior member can second either of the opinion here.

Regards,
Sunny

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:21 am

I am pretty sure about not being able to apply for an extension from outside UK. The easiest way to verify this and what the solicitor has suggested would be to look for the actual form that you can fill and you should be able to find all of them on the VFS website for Pakistan. If you can find an extension form, you can go ahead and fill that.

Note: You can't fill and submit the forms on UKBA website as they are for use only from inside UK.

sunny!!!

Post by sunny!!! » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Many thanks for your response and justification.
It is absolutely making sense to me.
I think it is best to avoid any associated risks, hence apply from UK before her visa runs out.

Regards,
Sunny

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:07 pm

That does seem like the best way forward.
You are welcome! :)