ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano COA updates

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Omonilollyjoor
Newly Registered
England

Zambrano COA updates

Post by Omonilollyjoor » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:19 am

Hi everyone, I got a new COA this morning, but nothing was mentioned of zambrano in it, it says they will make a decision as soon as they can and in any event within the next 6months, it also stated that I should not plan any travelling for now and also that I should not contact them by telephone or marketing enquires as it diverts resources from making decisions.

Also I am still permitted to take employment why my application is under consideration.
Pls has anyone received similar COA which does not say anything about zambrano.
My timeline are
Application for RC- 23rd Jan 2012
Received COA- 14th February 2012
Replacement COA sent- 15th August, 2012
Derivative RCf form sent 19th November 2012
New COA issued 01 February, 2013.
RC - awaiting

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:11 pm

Yes a few members have received the new COA. Atfer the 8th of November it does not mention Zambrano.

Omonilollyjoor
Newly Registered
England

Hi

Post by Omonilollyjoor » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:23 pm

Cool then it looks strange when Ruiz Zambrano was not mentioned in it, let me keep my fingers cross then.

Prince74

Re: Hi

Post by Prince74 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Omonilollyjoor wrote:Cool then it looks strange when Ruiz Zambrano was not mentioned in it, let me keep my fingers cross then.
The new COA for Zambrano applications no longer mention Zambrano on it. I received one in January 2013.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:32 pm

my wifes COA did not confirm her right to work.

we have written to liverpool pointing out she is the mother of a BRITISH child, and not an EEA Student who is self sufficient ETC ETC ...

(did your COA have three FAQ as to why they cannot always confirm the applicants right to work?)

we've also written to them stating that we want my passport, our marriage cert and our daughters passport returning ASAP as to hold them hinders our rights under Directive 2004/38/ec to move freely between member states.

(I dont see why UKBA need to hold our documents, after all they only need to know the Digital ID number - which is on the application forms.)

appealalready

Re: Zambrano COA updates

Post by appealalready » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:42 pm

If it has been more than 6 months since you applied for a residence card, I suggest you do any or all of the following:

1.) Contact your local member of parliament and ask them to contact the home office. They have an emergency line that the Home Office must respond to within a few days. They have to explain why it is taking so long. I got my refusal within 2 weeks of my member of parliament emailing the Home Office.
2.) File a pre action protocol letter. Email the letter to UKBAPAP@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk
3.) After 14 -21 days, file for judicial review.

Here is the template for a pre action protocol letter http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/proced ... v#IDAGJKCC

They don't want to respond to your application because they seem to be under orders to issue blanket refusals. Once you get a refusal, you can appeal against it. You are 75-90 percent likely to win in your appeal. I suspect they are stalling until they can change the rules to prevent you from obtaining a right to reside. I also suspect they keep your passport because the only way you can get it while your application is under consideration is for you to withdraw your application.

princessjobaby
Newly Registered

Re: Zambrano COA updates

Post by princessjobaby » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi all,i got my brp yesterday with my 4years old child,id be very grateful if someone can help me with this question;is there any appkication i can support my partner with?i was granted DL because i have another child which is british.thanks in advance