ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: BRP processing times

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Crommers
Newly Registered

Urgent: BRP processing times

Post by Crommers » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Dear All,

I have received my passport and am due to fly out tomorrow but my BRP hasn't arrived... does anyone know how long this takes?

I will be in NZ for three weeks so will that be enough time for it to arrive and for it to posted to NZ?

Many thanks,
Rachael

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:55 pm

When was your appliation approved? Officially you need to allow 7 working days from then for BRP delivery, but many receive it within 3-4 days. You might want to call DXSecure, the courier that delivers them, to check whether they have an item for you now.

Crommers
Newly Registered

Post by Crommers » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Thank you! Do you have a number please???

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Crommers wrote:Thank you! Do you have a number please???
01604496798 and press * to speak to the operator. Give your postcode and name. They will be able to tell you

Crommers
Newly Registered

Post by Crommers » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Thank you so much Gagan1986! That was perfect and they said it will be delivered by 5pm today - meaning I will have both hopefully and be able to make my flight tomorrow!

Been such a stress as so close to when I fly.

Thanks,
Rachael

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:37 pm

That's good news. Make sure whoever is there to collect it has your ID (if you won't be there yourself). ID & signature are required at the time of delivery.

Crommers
Newly Registered

Post by Crommers » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Oh no.... I haven't left them with any ID.... What am I going to do as I need it today.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Are you able to get one to them? A bank card, or other photo ID would do.

Otherwise, you'll be relying on luck. I.e. that the person delivering it doesn't ask to see your ID. This happened to me when I received my ILR BRP this year. But last year, I was asked for ID when they delivered my T1G BRP. So it kind of depends on the individual. The rules and envelope however say "ID Required" on it.

Crommers
Newly Registered

Post by Crommers » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:50 pm

No, I work a long way from where it is being delivered. I have sent a picture to the person of my drivers licence and hope that this will be enough?

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Crommers wrote:No, I work a long way from where it is being delivered. I have sent a picture to the person of my drivers licence and hope that this will be enough?
If you are not there, someone there should have your ID physically to show them. This can be passport, driving licence or even bank card

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:08 pm

Crommers wrote:No, I work a long way from where it is being delivered. I have sent a picture to the person of my drivers licence and hope that this will be enough?
If theres any way at all for someone to get your ID to the person at home, do so. (I personally doubt that a ID photocopy will do the trick, if they do ask for an ID.) If not, then as I said before, it will fall under the category of luck. If your DXSecure delivery person, doesn't strictly adhere by the rules, then he may not ask to see your ID, as was the case in my experience.

Crommers
Newly Registered

Post by Crommers » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Helloooo!

So despite the lady on the phone from the courier's telling me it would be delivered before 5pm today I got home to see it hasn't! Do they usually deliver on the day they tell you?

I fly tomorrow at 3pm so need to leave at midday - can I call them first thing and ask them to deliver?

Or even go and get it from them?

Thanks,
Rachael

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:05 pm

Crommers wrote:Helloooo!

So despite the lady on the phone from the courier's telling me it would be delivered before 5pm today I got home to see it hasn't! Do they usually deliver on the day they tell you?

I fly tomorrow at 3pm so need to leave at midday - can I call them first thing and ask them to deliver?

Or even go and get it from them?

Thanks,
Rachael
You can only collect it from their depot if they have tried to deliver it to you once as they normally leave a calling card(the card with the DX number saying you were not at home). If they haven't tried to deliver it to you yet, unfortunately you cannot collect it.

Second option, they do a thing call premium service which guarantees delivery between 9am-1pm for an extra charge of £6. Phone them first thing in the morning to see if they can put your package forward for premium service(normally it should be arranged a day prior) Goodluck

Crommers
Newly Registered

Post by Crommers » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Thank you! Do they deliver in the evening so it may come tonight? Or do you think they just missed the delivery date.

I will try that premium service and see what I can do as am desperate!

Thank you!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Unfortunately they do not offer the option to specify a time for delivery, when it comes to BRP's, I remember trying that once. I even tried requesting delivery to my work address, which they rejected, as not possible for this item. All are delivered within the 9-5pm time window to your home address or one of their collection centres (10am -4pm).

It appears that they are now doing this as a routine. Something similar happened to me but the difference was I knew I'd have to re-arrange delivery, as no one would be there to sign for it. I got home to find no card. When I checked the status using the tracking number, I saw a message, unable to access property due to snow. I suspect now, that they never even attempted delivery in the first place.

Unfortunately, even to collect from one of their collection points, you would still need to arrange for the BRP to be delivered there, and you don't appear to have the luxury of time for that.

EDIT: If Gagan1986 knows that the premium service has worked, then that is definitely worth a try, though it didn't work for me last year.
Last edited by cs95tdg on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:14 pm

Crommers wrote:Thank you! Do they deliver in the evening so it may come tonight? Or do you think they just missed the delivery date.

I will try that premium service and see what I can do as am desperate!

Thank you!
It won't come tonight now, best option is to phone them first thing and explaint your situation and then act on their advice accordingly

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:40 am

Any luck? Keep us posted as your experience will help other members in future

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:38 am

cs95tdg wrote:When was your appliation approved? Officially you need to allow 7 working days from then for BRP delivery, but many receive it within 3-4 days. You might want to call DXSecure, the courier that delivers them, to check whether they have an item for you now.
good idea