ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

k_alibaba

Re: FLR M and SET M both the same day

Post by k_alibaba » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:06 pm

wa salam, n congrats for ILR.
similar situation here
i applied on 3/9/12 for ILR 10 years (8 yrs student + 2 yrs discretionary leave).
my wife n daugter (2 yrs at that time) joined me in uk on 2006 and son born in uk on 2007 but later diagnosed with rare medical condition and we switched from student visa to HR under article 3 & 8.
since i have to apply for the FLR/m for my dependents or shall i go for SET/O?
whether i will be a good idea to go on desk or send it by post?
one more thing... it could and could not be an issue is the benefits.
we do get child benefit and DLA for my son cos our current leave doesnt restrict us from claiming benefits ?
regarding bank st.. does it have to be my wife? mine or joint acc? n does it has any min balance requirements?

i will appreciate if you could help me in the light of your most recent experience.

Regards,

Khall75 wrote:Asalam I Alakum and good morning to all,
Yesterday I had an appointment at Cardiff enquiry office for my mrs FLR m. Went to the window and the young DIY on the desk as me for the form and the supporting documents. After going through all the stuff for just few minutes he said u will get ur FLR m and have to wait for another 2 years before applying for ILR. Then I had a few minutes discussion with him and told him she has been with me in uk from the last 6 and a half years first as a student dependent till 2008 and then for 2 years as a PSW dependent till 2011, and tier 1 general dependent till now and that visa will expire in July 2013. I explained to him article 287 a and b to which he was shaking his head. Then I showed him one of the e-mail which I had from the home office enquiries office.
Then he asked me ok have you got set m on you and I said yes. I was asked to fill it while I was sitting with him on the desk. While I was filling the form he asked for the payment page from set m and I gave it to him. He asked for couple of more documents which I gave to him. In total for both forms he took 3 utility bills, 3 bank stat, employers letter for both of us, couple of payslips both of us and that's it. Was asked to go and come back after 4pm. Went to the Cardiff castle with the kids and when came back I was given ILR confirmation letter and told that BRP will be posted in 7 days. Special thanks to Damanisshallo who helped me with every thing till the last minutes and because of him I was able to book an appointment. It's all done and dusted now. Thanks to everyone on the forum for the help they provided.i will be with u people on the forum permanently to help those who needs it.
Thanks again

jai_aus

Excel Sheet

Post by jai_aus » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi

Somebody has messed up the excel sheet again.

Can someone please fix this?

Regards,
Jai

Ged

Post by Ged » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:11 pm

Congratulations to Dik,
I cannot help by wondering what the secret of 13 weeks ILR resolution is? Can you please share with us why you might have received it faster than pretty much anyone?

AMH

Re: FLR M and SET M both the same day

Post by AMH » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:13 pm

Mubaraka!!
I'm really pleased for you and your family to be free from immigration.
Khall75 wrote:Asalam I Alakum and good morning to all,
Yesterday I had an appointment at Cardiff enquiry office for my mrs FLR m. Went to the window and the young DIY on the desk as me for the form and the supporting documents. After going through all the stuff for just few minutes he said u will get ur FLR m and have to wait for another 2 years before applying for ILR. Then I had a few minutes discussion with him and told him she has been with me in uk from the last 6 and a half years first as a student dependent till 2008 and then for 2 years as a PSW dependent till 2011, and tier 1 general dependent till now and that visa will expire in July 2013. I explained to him article 287 a and b to which he was shaking his head. Then I showed him one of the e-mail which I had from the home office enquiries office.
Then he asked me ok have you got set m on you and I said yes. I was asked to fill it while I was sitting with him on the desk. While I was filling the form he asked for the payment page from set m and I gave it to him. He asked for couple of more documents which I gave to him. In total for both forms he took 3 utility bills, 3 bank stat, employers letter for both of us, couple of payslips both of us and that's it. Was asked to go and come back after 4pm. Went to the Cardiff castle with the kids and when came back I was given ILR confirmation letter and told that BRP will be posted in 7 days. Special thanks to Damanisshallo who helped me with every thing till the last minutes and because of him I was able to book an appointment. It's all done and dusted now. Thanks to everyone on the forum for the help they provided.i will be with u people on the forum permanently to help those who needs it.
Thanks again
7A8M6H

inzi2k

ILR received today, please add to Skydrive

Post by inzi2k » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi all, Some good news one of my friend received ILR today, please add to Skydrive, I dont know how to do it, he is not on skydrive at the moment.

Time line

Name Sultan muazzam
application submitted 28 June 2012
acknowledge date 05 July 2012
Biometric letter 25 August 2012
Biometric submitted 26 August 2012
ILR card received 06 February 2013

Thanks

sully
Newly Registered

Post by sully » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Inzi Bhai thank for updating my status.

Time line

Name: Sultan
application submitted 28 June 2012
acknowledge date 05 July 2012
Biometric submitted 31 August 2012
ILR card received 06 February 2013

Passport and documents: not received yet

Thanks

nats

Congrats

Post by nats » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:14 pm

Congrats to all who recieved ILR and specially to Dik for such a quick service surprizingly.. Can you share us what documents u submitted. Soliciter? Previous status etc?
I have contacted my MP regarding expediting my case but no use, this is what i recieved from my MP
"I have been advised that your case is still being worked on. I have also requested a letter that confirms your current immigration status which you can show your employers. I shall send this to you once I receive it."
I wonder what they will write in letter, I know my existing immigration status and i dont want to see the same status written in letter.. My employer also informed ukba regarding my job n waiting to hear from ukba. lets see :(

jai_aus

Email address for UKBA

Post by jai_aus » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi

Can someone provide me with the UKBA 's email address to request expediting my application.

Regards,
Jai

k77

Post by k77 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:42 pm

HI natisanga,
Sorry to hear your father in law has passed away.You can make the decision process on your application quicker by getting the solicitor involved.They can contact them on the phone or letter to speed up your case. I had one such case in my family. They did the same and got visa for the applicant.

Note:This advice is not subsitute to the professional advice.This is just based on personal obervations.

k77

Post by k77 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:51 pm

HI amjadleeds,

Case worker look into your application once biometrics are done.It is your fault that you did not sign the biometric section of the form. You should wait for the decision now.

Note: This advice is not a subsitute to the professional advice.It is just based on personal observations.

natisanga

Post by natisanga » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Thanks a lot for all your support and advise.

I will report on my case later on.

Thanks

shahab99

Post by shahab99 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:25 am

Dear khall 77 congratulations.Can you please post that email correspondence that you had with the home office.

Thanks It might be useful for us in future.

Khall75

E-mail from ukba regarding my query

Post by Khall75 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:43 am

Shabab following is the email:

Thank you for your enquiry dated 12th December 2012.

Before we can assist you any further, you will need to provide the following information.

What visa does your wife currently hold to be in the UK?

If your wife is currently in the UK with leave as a PBS dependant, she will be required to switch to the category of partner using the FLR(M) application form.

Under the transitional arrangements, the old rules (those in place prior to 9 July 2012) continue to apply to those dependants who were granted leave to enter or remain in the UK before 9 July 2012. Therefore, if your wife has been granted leave to remain as a PBS dependant before 9 July 2012, she can apply to switch to the category of partner using the FLR(M) application form, meeting only the rules and criteria that was in place prior to 9 July 2012. This would mean that she is not required to meet the financial requirement.

If your wife's FLR(M) application is successful, she can apply for ILR under the provisions of paragraph 287(a) of the Rules after she has completed the 2 years probationary period. Paragraph 287(a)(i)(d) allows for leave completed as a PBS Dependant to be amalgamated with leave as the partner of a settled person.

More simply, this means that your wife can combine her time spent in the UK as a PBS Dependant with leave to remain granted under FLR(M). As soon as she has completed a continuous period of 2 years under a combination of both categories, she can apply for settlement. She may be eligible to apply for ILR immediately after she is granted FLR(M). She will apply for ILR using application form SET(M).

Detailed guidance and information can be found at the following link to the UKBA website, paying particular attention to Transitional Arrangements;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... schapter8/

This information is only relevant if your wife currently has leave as a PBS Dependant. If she does not, please reply to this email indicating what her current visa conditions are.

I hope that this is of some assistance to you.

Yours sincerely,
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

Yours sincerely,

kutub8090
Newly Registered

email address

Post by kutub8090 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:55 am

hi
congratulation. may i have the email address of UKBA that u used to get answer of ur query.
thanks

Khall75

Email address

Post by Khall75 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:35 am

Anyone wants to make any queries regarding visas etc plz use this address:

UKBApublicenquiries@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk

UKBApublicenquiries@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk

naqeeb

Re: Can anyone help

Post by naqeeb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks hope it gets dealt soon
Spidery_thread wrote:
naqeeb wrote:Hi, Can anyone who have had previous experience help me out. I have approached my MP to expedite my case due to my Grandmothers death and fathers Ill Health. 2 weeks ago i was told by the MP caseworker who received an email from MP account manager(UKBA) that my case was expedited. But i asked for the status of my application and i got this reply back

I have just spoken with the MP’s account manager, and she could see that there was a note on your case to expedite your application once information was received from another team within UKBA.

Can anyone tell me what this other team does and roughly how long it will take. Thanks in advance
@Naqeeb,

There is a team at Liverpool Set Dept who only deals with applications which needs to be expedited with exceptional circumstances which falls under their list e.g: Starting new job, death in family etc.

There other team(Expedite Team) will check the merit to expedite your application. If it falls in their check list your application will normally be expedited.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:47 am

Spidery_thread wrote:There is a team at Liverpool Set Dept who only deals with applications which needs to be expedited with exceptional circumstances which falls under their list e.g: Starting new job, death in family etc.

There other team(Expedite Team) will check the merit to expedite your application. If it falls in their check list your application will normally be expedited
Sorry for being nosy but, can you provide any reference to the above arguments (Comments).
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

gxf555
Newly Registered

Post by gxf555 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Finally the good news has arrived. Can someone update the spreadsheet please as I don't know how to do it. My timeline following to the spreadsheet is below:
ILR approve letter: 02/02/13
Biometric card: 05/02/13
Passport: 07/02/13

We all know it's been a long wait, but just keep your hope high and be patient, the good news will come eventually. Wish best luck to everyone.

inzi2k

Post by inzi2k » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi all, More good news another of my friend received ILR today, please add to Skydrive, I dont know how to do it, he is not on skydrive at the moment.

Time line

Name Azhar Azizi
application submitted 22 June 2012
acknowledge date 01 July 2012
Biometric letter 22 August 2012
Biometric submitted 23 August 2012
ILR card received 07 February 2013

Thanks

let_koko

Clarification

Post by let_koko » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:47 pm

Hi guys
Having called the HO on monday, I was told a decision has not been made yet. Out of curiosity I decided to call again today (07/02/2013) and the lady that picked the phone said, she couldn't give me an update over the phone that I should write a letter to
UK Border Agency
PO BOX 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN
Is it normal ?
Because I was expecting her to say, a decision hasn't been made, am surprised to hear this

jai_aus

Re: Clarification

Post by jai_aus » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:55 pm

let_koko wrote:Hi guys
Having called the HO on monday, I was told a decision has not been made yet. Out of curiosity I decided to call again today (07/02/2013) and the lady that picked the phone said, she couldn't give me an update over the phone that I should write a letter to
UK Border Agency
PO BOX 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN
Is it normal ?
Because I was expecting her to say, a decision hasn't been made, am surprised to hear this
Well.. they will tell you anything but the status.
Any way you are not supposed to call...actually the lady who answered the phone is probably wondering how did your call get through...lol

Ged

Re: Clarification

Post by Ged » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:57 pm

let_koko wrote:Hi guys
UK Border Agency
PO BOX 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN
Is it normal ?
I wouldn't over-analyze their responses. They are known to be miserable at giving straight answers.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:03 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Spidery_thread wrote:There is a team at Liverpool Set Dept who only deals with applications which needs to be expedited with exceptional circumstances which falls under their list e.g: Starting new job, death in family etc.

There other team(Expedite Team) will check the merit to expedite your application. If it falls in their check list your application will normally be expedited
Sorry for being nosy but, can you provide any reference to the above arguments (Comments).
Only reference I can provide at present is that,"One should call UKBA Liverpool Set Dept(not the call centre) & confirm".

Damanisshallo, how do I know about this, Sorry no comments,...;).

AMH

Post by AMH » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:34 pm

I just came across below details, can anyone suggest whether this email can be useful in getting information about the progress of outstanding applications

North East, Yorkshire & the Humber Region
Customer Service Unit
UK BORDER AGENCY
Vulcan Steel (Level 5)
PO Box 3468, Sheffield.
S3 8WA
Fax: 0114 207 2894
CSU Email: neyhcustomers@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
7A8M6H

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:

Only reference I can provide at present is that,"One should call UKBA Liverpool Set Dept(not the call centre) & confirm".

Damanisshallo, how do I know about this, Sorry no comments,...;).
@Spidery_thread

Do you have any contact No for UKBA Liverpool Set Dep?
Thanks