ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Interview Questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PPra

EC Interview Questions

Post by PPra » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:40 pm

I got the Entry Clearance on 27th Feb 2007.

I wish to share with the forum members what all I was asked in the interview in that sequence. I hope this will be of some use to anyone who would be answering interviews for visa.

Q. 1. Are you healthy and fit to answer the interview?
Q. 2. What language are you comfortable in ? Can u speak English?
Q. 3. Why do you want to go to UK?
Q. 4. Who is your present/last employer employer?
Q. 5. Are you still employed with them?
Q.6. When did you join this company?
Q.7. Where were you employed before this company?
Q.8. How long have you been employed in this company?
Q.9. Was your promotion on the basis of interview or on performance basis?
Q.10 When were you promoted?
Q.11. What was your work profile as the project manager?
Q.12. What kind of software you wrote while working as Software Programmer?
Q.13 Do you know Java? Can you write a simple program in Java?
( I was given a paper and a pen to write a simple java program!)
Q14 What would you be doing in UK?
Q15. Have you researched for Jobs in UK?
Q16. Have you understood the questions asked in the interview?
Q.17. Where you nervous in answering the questions.

And then, the Visa officer said "Ok I am giving you the visa! Good Luck!"

While waiting for my turn, I heard what was being asked by the other visa officers to other visa applicants in the BHC. Here is a summary of main questions that they were stressing on:

Q1. Where did u get the funds that you are showing in your documents?
Q2. Why you want to go there?
Q3. About the last employment.

All visa officers begin the interview by asking if you are all right to answer the interview? They try to ensure that you are not overly tensed and that you can asnwer the questions comfortably. Then the 2nd question they ask is what language wud u like to answer the interview in.

I would also like to add that whatever the candidate answers, the ECO also types it in the computer.

I observerd that the interview is generally moderate i.e. neither very taugh nor very easy also. It depends more on the documents that you have submitted.

They usually take the interview in two parts. In the second part they either clarify a few more points and/or tell you the result of the interview.

Thanks
Regards
PPra

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:35 pm

Thanks Pra that does a lot of work easy for most of them who would be going for an interview ....

babe1
Newly Registered

EC Interview

Post by babe1 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:52 am

I have applied for EC last year upon the issuance of my work permit and was refused because I had overstayed and lied at the interview as I was nervous and unprepared. In the refusal letter on the 14th December 2006:

'I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that your application meets the requirements of paragraph 320 of the Immigration Rules HC395), and in particular that:
(11) you have not failed to observe the time limit and conditions attached to a previous grant of leave to enter the UK; and
(15) whether or not to your knowledge, false representations have been made or material facts have not been disclosed for the purpose of obtaining an immigration employment document.'

I had the right to appeal and am waiting for the appeal to proceed.

I have hired an immigration adviser to deal with my case and he has mentioned that they should not be confiscating work permits in the interview and they have no right to undermine the decision of the Work Permits (UK).

I have applied for a second EC application and have been called in for another interview on the 8th March 2007.

I am preparing for my next interview and would be grateful if anyone can give me some insight as to what will be asked at the interview.

Can you shake their hands?
Can you ask for their names?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you