ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Croydon PEO on 05-02-2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahid2000
Member of Standing

ILR Success @ Croydon PEO on 05-02-2013

Post by shahid2000 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi all

Many many thanks to all members of this forum who put up with all the stupid questions i came up with during the last few months. We got ILR approval at Croydon PEO on 5th feb and received BRP today (7th feb).

At the PEO the whole process was going fast at first but then there was a long long ...... that long wait - took us about 7 hours overall.

My case was fairly straight forward. HSMP + Tier 1 G. All documents in place with photocopies. My wife applied with me as a dependant. I also have a son who was born in UK and holds dependant visa but did not apply ILR with us.

Appointment was around 8:30 reached PEO at 8:00. We were among the first few people to enter. Around 2 minutes for security check and another 5 for initial application check and token number. 2-3 minutes for the fees payment and then waited about 10 minutes for our nubmer for case registration.

The person doing case registration gave us a scare when all of a sudden she asked us why my wife has two valid passports. Then we understood what she meant by it. My wife's passport was going to expire in 2-3 months time we renewed her passport recently, although they put a stamp on the old passport saying that a new passport has been issued the old one was still valid for the next month or two. So we told her the story and she said its fine. Case registration took about 15 minutes. Our number was called for biometric while we were still at the case registration desk. We took all the documents in hurry and went for biometrics.

During biometrics the guy asked us if our finger prints have ever been taken for a UK visa. My wife did not actually remember whether her finger prints were taken or not so she told him that she is not sure and he asked her to write "not sure" on the biometrics form. The guy told us that they were having some issue with the system and that its very very slow, he also had to scan our finger prints and photos a couple of times as the system was having issues. The other people recording biometrics were saying the same thing.

By 8:50 our biomertics was done and we were waiting for the case worker to call us. We waited for about 1 hour and did not get called. Our token was at the very beginning and we could hear other token numbers being called who came way after we did. Finally around 9:50 a case worker called our number. She asked me for all the documents + photocopies we had and then told us that she will call us when she is done. We sat just in front of the counter and started waiting. She called me around 10:30 and said that everything looks fine but the finger print results have not come back yet so we will have to wait.

In addition she said that she has a question, why did we not include our son in the application even though we applied for his dependant visa in 2010. I told her that we applied for visa in 2010 because he had to make a trip outside of UK but now we are not including him in ILR because we want to register him using MN1 after our ILR. The case worker just said that your son's application should have been here. She has got me really really worried since then.
Can someone please advice whether there is going to be any problem by not applying for my son's ILR with us?????

Anyway the long wait started after this. The case worker was professional and quite helpful. She started processing other applications but in the middle went twice to check whether our finger print results have arrived. Around 12:30 she called me and gave me a near heart attack saying that there is some complication and the finger print results have still not arrived. I asked her what the complication was and she said that she does not know as it is on the biometrics side. Anyway we kept waiting and looking at so many people who came long after us and received their approvals. There were another 3 couples who came in as early as we did and were waiting along side us. In the end even these people got their approval and we were still waiting :cry:

The case worker finally called us around 1:30 and gave us the good news and said that she has received the results and its all ok. She asked me if its ok if she went on for lunch and approve our application after she is back - i said its fine ( as if i was going to say no and piss off the one person approving my application 8) ) She came back at around 2:30 and by 3:00 we had our approval letters and were on the way back home like a happy bunny :D

I am preparing MN1 for my son now. I would very much appreciate if people can tell me if there is any problems with my son not having ILR? He was born in the UK and is less than 3 years old, he holds a Tier 1 dependant visa which will expire in the next few weeks - Please tell me if this is all OK???????

Once again many thanks to all of you.
Last edited by shahid2000 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Congratulations. Thank you for sharing your experience, For the benefit of Members like your self( similar Immigration Category). Please post the List of all Documents you gave the CW.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Congratulations. Thank you for sharing your experience, For the benefit of Members like your self( similar Immigration Category). Please post the List of all Documents you gave the CW.
Thanks mate. Here is a complete list of documents i submitted http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=775986
I only submitted the necessary documents which i have listed as "Main Documents" and we were not asked for any other document.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Thank You mate for your prompt reply. Enjoy your ILR.

goga11
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success @ Croydon PEO on 05-02-2013

Post by goga11 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:21 pm

Congrats on getting ILR...some queries

1) Did you sign any document at end of process...some people mention the same on forum but we didn't sign any documents
2) Does the approval document state in actual words -grant of ILR or was it a standard biometric letter
3) Does the Biometric come through courier or normal post
4) Lastly the date of validity on BRP
Is start date/issue date on BRP, the date you attended the PEO ?
Is end date given on BRP 10 years from validity or your passport expiry date

I had made the premium application recently and still waiting for BRP.
shahid2000 wrote:Hi all

Many many thanks to all members of this forum who put up with all the stupid questions i came up with during the last few months. We got ILR approval at Croydon PEO on 5th feb and received BRP today (7th feb).

At the PEO the whole process was going fast at first but then there was a long long ...... that long wait - took us about 7 hours overall.

My case was fairly straight forward. HSMP + Tier 1 G. All documents in place with photocopies. My wife applied with me as a dependant. I also have a son who was born in UK and holds dependant visa but did not apply ILR with us.

Appointment was around 8:30 reached PEO at 8:00. We were among the first few people to enter. Around 2 minutes for security check and another 5 for initial application check and token number. 2-3 minutes for the fees payment and then waited about 10 minutes for our nubmer for case registration.

The person doing case registration gave us a scare when all of a sudden she asked us why my wife has two valid passports. Then we understood what she meant by it. My wife's passport was going to expire in 2-3 months time we renewed her passport recently, although they put a stamp on the old passport saying that a new passport has been issued the old one was still valid for the next month or two. So we told her the story and she said its fine. Case registration took about 15 minutes. Our number was called for biometric while we were still at the case registration desk. We took all the documents in hurry and went for biometrics.

During biometrics the guy asked us if our finger prints have ever been taken for a UK visa. My wife did not actually remember whether her finger prints were taken or not so she told him that she is not sure and he asked her to write "not sure" on the biometrics form. The guy told us that they were having some issue with the system and that its very very slow, he also had to scan our finger prints and photos a couple of times as the system was having issues. The other people recording biometrics were saying the same thing.

By 8:50 our biomertics was done and we were waiting for the case worker to call us. We waited for about 1 hour and did not get called. Our token was at the very beginning and we could hear other token numbers being called who came way after we did. Finally around 9:50 a case worker called our number. She asked me for all the documents + photocopies we had and then told us that she will call us when she is done. We sat just in front of the counter and started waiting. She called me around 10:30 and said that everything looks fine but the finger print results have not come back yet so we will have to wait.

In addition she said that she has a question, why did we not include our son in the application even though we applied for his dependant visa in 2010. I told her that we applied for visa in 2010 because he had to make a trip outside of UK but now we are not including him in ILR because we want to register him using MN1 after our ILR. The case worker just said that your son's application should have been here. She has got me really really worried since then.
Can someone please advice whether there is going to be any problem by not applying for my son's ILR with us?????

Anyway the long wait started after this. The case worker was professional and quite helpful. She started processing other applications but in the middle went twice to check whether our finger print results have arrived. Around 12:30 she called me and gave me a near heart attack saying that there is some complication and the finger print results have still not arrived. I asked her what the complication was and she said that she does not know as it is on the biometrics side. Anyway we kept waiting and looking at so many people who came long after us and received their approvals. There were another 3 couples who came in as early as we did and were waiting along side us. In the end even these people got their approval and we were still waiting :cry:

The case worker finally called us around 1:30 and gave us the good news and said that she has received the results and its all ok. She asked me if its ok if she went on for lunch and approve our application after she is back - i said its fine ( as if i was going to say no and piss off the one person approving my application 8) ) She came back at around 2:30 and by 3:00 we had our approval letters and were on the way back home like a happy bunny :D

I am preparing MN1 for my son now. I would very much appreciate if people can tell me if there is any problems with my son not having ILR? He was born in the UK and is less than 3 years old, he holds a Tier 1 dependant visa which will expire in the next few weeks - Please tell me if this is all OK???????

Once again many thanks to all of you.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:31 pm

goga11 wrote:Congrats on getting ILR...some queries
Thanks mate

1) Did you sign any document at end of process...some people mention the same on forum but we didn't sign any documents
yes we were asked to check and sign a page which contained details which were going to be printed on the biometric card. If you were not asked to sign anything then dont worry there are a lot of people on the forum who were not asked to sign anything.

2) Does the approval document state in actual words -grant of ILR or was it a standard biometric letter
No it does not say that. It simply says that you will receive BRPs in so many days. Everyone gets this same letter, there was a whole discussion going on the forum a couple of days ago.

Through courier who normally require the biometric holder to sign upon delivery.

The date on BRP is the same as our appointment but there are a number of people who have a later date. In any case the approval date on your approval letter is the one which you will use for further calculations like citizenship etc.
As far as i know BRP expiry has nothing to do with passport expiry. It simply has an expiry of 10 years from the approval date. The expiry does not mean that your ILR expired it simply means that you have to renew the card the same way you do for your driving license or passport etc.

Dont worry there are a number of people waiting due to some delays in BRP printing.

Hope this helps mate.

goga11
Newly Registered

Post by goga11 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:19 pm

Thanks a lot shahid for clearing the doubts. received ilr today
shahid2000 wrote:
goga11 wrote:Congrats on getting ILR...some queries
Thanks mate

yes we were asked to check and sign a page which contained details which were going to be printed on the biometric card. If you were not asked to sign anything then dont worry there are a lot of people on the forum who were not asked to sign anything.

No it does not say that. It simply says that you will receive BRPs in so many days. Everyone gets this same letter, there was a whole discussion going on the forum a couple of days ago.

Through courier who normally require the biometric holder to sign upon delivery.

The date on BRP is the same as our appointment but there are a number of people who have a later date. In any case the approval date on your approval letter is the one which you will use for further calculations like citizenship etc.
As far as i know BRP expiry has nothing to do with passport expiry. It simply has an expiry of 10 years from the approval date. The expiry does not mean that your ILR expired it simply means that you have to renew the card the same way you do for your driving license or passport etc.

Dont worry there are a number of people waiting due to some delays in BRP printing.

Hope this helps mate.

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:33 am

Hi Sahid,

Congrats on your ILR, can I ask if you have applied for your childs MN1 yet? If so what was the process?

Thanks

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:33 am

fomsand1 wrote:Hi Sahid,

Congrats on your ILR, can I ask if you have applied for your childs MN1 yet? If so what was the process?

Thanks
Thanks mate. Yes i applied for my son's MN1 later in feb. In fact i have received his registration certificate last week.

Like i said in my post earlier the case worker got me worried but it turns out that the guidance provided on this forum is correct and children born in UK dont need a visa to apply for MN1. I applied for my son's MN1 while his visa was still valid but I honestly think that it does not matter.

The process is pretty simple, download the MN1 form fill in the details, get it signed by 2 referees and send it with the correct fees. Make sure you read the MN1 guide as this will answer almost all the questions you might have about the form. Try to apply before 6th april because i think the fees are increasing from 6th April - please check the fees yourself.

For more info read this sticky post - see section "Children"
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747

For the benefit of others here are some points.

I suggest you use NCS because this way you will not have to send original documents. They do charge a small fee but i think its worth it. I used Croydon NCS who charged me £25 which included Royal Mail Special Delivery for application.
NCS appointments are also a bit hard to find if you want an appointment within a week or two so call a couple of councils and see what is the earliest appointment available. Also their charges are different for every council so shop around a bit :-) You can use any council, it does not have to be your local council.

Hope this helps mate.

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi Shahid2000

Many Thanks for your advise, very helpful. Unfortunately, I will be applying for my sons MN1 after the 6th as my ILR isnt due at the PEO untill the 15th of April, so I unfortunatley will have to shell out £678.00 +£25-NCS fee, for his MN1, but I guess its better than applying for ILR seperately for him as this will cost £788 +375 (difference of £460.00) :)

Meanwhile I suppose the next step for you is to take the certificate to the post office or passport office and apply for his British passport, or how does it work?

Regards
fomsand1

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:23 pm

fomsand1 wrote:Hi Shahid2000

Many Thanks for your advise, very helpful. Unfortunately, I will be applying for my sons MN1 after the 6th as my ILR isnt due at the PEO untill the 15th of April, so I unfortunatley will have to shell out £678.00 +£25-NCS fee, for his MN1, but I guess its better than applying for ILR seperately for him as this will cost £788 +375 (difference of £460.00) :)

Meanwhile I suppose the next step for you is to take the certificate to the post office or passport office and apply for his British passport, or how does it work?

Regards
fomsand1
You pick up a passport form from post office, fill it up and use post office check and send service (or post it yourself) to send it to IPS office.

Good luck with your ILR.

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Thanks Shahid,

Will let everyone know the good news by April. Only a matter of weeks from now.

Regards