ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khushi31
Newly Registered

Post by Khushi31 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:01 pm

I have reiceived my biometrics with 1 dependent. I applied on 21st jan on flr m and included covering letter that my husband applied on 10 yr ilr. I
am so suprised that i got biometrics within 2 weeks???
Thanks

syed8550
Newly Registered

Post by syed8550 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:19 pm

eltham wrote:hello,can somebody help me,how to raise article 8 into cover letter i.e what will the exact word to bring the rule.
I had applied on basis of article 8 in march 2009 and got discretionary in feb 2011. All i can do is to send u the copy of cover letter if it helps u

aksi

Post by aksi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:34 pm

It is like this for FLR(M) my wife got biometric invite was issued 10 days from acknowledgement. I wish processing of all application to be that fast.
Khushi31 wrote:I have reiceived my biometrics with 1 dependent. I applied on 21st jan on flr m and included covering letter that my husband applied on 10 yr ilr. I
Thanks

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:11 pm

aksi wrote:It is like this for FLR(M) my wife got biometric invite was issued 10 days from acknowledgement. I wish processing of all application to be that fast.
Khushi31 wrote:I have reiceived my biometrics with 1 dependent. I applied on 21st jan on flr m and included covering letter that my husband applied on 10 yr ilr. I
Thanks
I got my bio-metrics in a month after posting application form

let_koko

Re: Clarification

Post by let_koko » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:27 pm

They can be so funny, i wont give up on them, i know its crazy but i call from the office which doesn't cost me a penny but my launch break
Its well, thanks for replying mate
Cheers mate
jai_aus wrote:
let_koko wrote:Hi guys
Having called the HO on monday, I was told a decision has not been made yet. Out of curiosity I decided to call again today (07/02/2013) and the lady that picked the phone said, she couldn't give me an update over the phone that I should write a letter to
UK Border Agency
PO BOX 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN
Is it normal ?
Because I was expecting her to say, a decision hasn't been made, am surprised to hear this
Well.. they will tell you anything but the status.
Any way you are not supposed to call...actually the lady who answered the phone is probably wondering how did your call get through...lol

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:34 pm

let_koko wrote:They can be so funny, i wont give up on them, i know its crazy but i call from the office which doesn't cost me a penny but my launch break
Its well, thanks for replying mate
Cheers mate
jai_aus wrote:
Having called the HO on monday, I was told a decision has not been made yet. Out of curiosity I decided to call again today (07/02/2013) and the lady that picked the phone said, she couldn't give me an update over the phone that I should write a letter to
UK Border Agency
PO BOX 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN
Is it normal ?
Because I was expecting her to say, a decision hasn't been made, am surprised to hear this
Any way you are not supposed to call...actually the lady who answered the phone is probably wondering how did your call get through...lol

I think this address comes on bio-metric letter

AMH

Post by AMH » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:57 am

May be she was physically present and mentally absent :?!!
jai_aus wrote:
UK Border Agency
PO BOX 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN
Is it normal ?
7A8M6H

nats

Post by nats » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:56 am

some non-human bodies run ukba

abisingh
Newly Registered

Post by abisingh » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi all, Some good news, I received my ILR today,
please add to Skydrive, I dont know how to do it.
Time line

application submitted 14 June 2012
acknowledge date 19 June 2012
Biometric letter 21 August 2012
Biometric submitted 28 August 2012
ILR approval letter 07 February 2013
ILR card recieved 08 February 2013

Thanks to all well wishers and Good Luck to all waiting ....
SAI RAM .....

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:44 pm

abisingh wrote:Hi all, Some good news, I received my ILR today,
please add to Skydrive, I dont know how to do it.
Time line

application submitted 14 June 2012
acknowledge date 19 June 2012
Biometric letter 21 August 2012
Biometric submitted 28 August 2012
ILR approval letter 07 February 2013
ILR card recieved 08 February 2013

Thanks to all well wishers and Good Luck to all waiting ....
SAI RAM .....
------------
Congrats ..wish you best of luck for the future life...

arahimov
Newly Registered

Post by arahimov » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:11 pm

Type of application: SET(O)
Type of previous residency: 10 year residency
Date Applied: 19/11/2012
Type of payment: Credit Card
Date they took the money: 21/11/2012
Date of the acknowledgement letter: 21/11/2012
Biometric letter received: 12/01/2013
Biometrics done: 12/01/2013
Docs received: 08/02/13

Im really shocked:) God bless the Queen :)

Please add to the spreadsheet guys

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:19 pm

arahimov wrote:God bless the Queen :)
Looks like she'll be really blessed... :D
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

smshad

Post by smshad » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi,

The caseworker would not have gone to SPEC SAVERS and he assumed that you applied on 19/01/2012 instead of 19/11/2012 and he prioritised your application. :lol:

Any way congrats mate.
arahimov wrote:Type of application: SET(O)
Date Applied: 19/11/2012
Date they took the money: 21/11/2012
Date of the acknowledgement letter: 21/11/2012
Biometric letter received: 12/01/2013
Biometrics done: 12/01/2013
Docs received: 08/02/13

Im really shocked:) God bless the Queen :)

Please add to the spreadsheet guys

nats

July applicants?

Post by nats » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:20 pm

no news from July applicants? where r they?? Don't know whats going on with July applications. June, August, November all giving good news but nothing from july ones??

endan
Newly Registered

Re: July applicants?

Post by endan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:41 pm

nats wrote:no news from July applicants? where r they?? Don't know whats going on with July applications. June, August, November all giving good news but nothing from july ones??
I am on the same boat here. still waiting

Timeline as follow:

Date Applied: 18/17/2012
Date they took the money: 21/08/2012
Date of the acknowledgement letter: 22/08/2012
Biometric letter received: 12/09/2013
Biometrics done: 13/09/2012
Docs received: waiting

tapi98
Newly Registered

Post by tapi98 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:56 pm

We still waiting applied in July.Its a crazy system spending more than 6months without your Passport Is nightmare.But we got to wait patiently our time will come.God is for all.

quote="endan"]
nats wrote:no news from July applicants? where r they?? Don't know whats going on with July applications. June, August, November all giving good news but nothing from july ones??
I am on the same boat here. still waiting

Timeline as follow:

Date Applied: 18/17/2012
Date they took the money: 21/08/2012
Date of the acknowledgement letter: 22/08/2012
Biometric letter received: 12/09/2013
Biometrics done: 13/09/2012
Docs received: waiting[/quote]

AMH

Post by AMH » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:58 pm

No July...No September!!
7A8M6H

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:56 am

No July...No September!!
nats wrote:
no news from July applicants? where r they?? Don't know whats going on with July applications. June, August, November all giving good news but nothing from july ones??
and no August as well!

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:22 am

No news yet, at least from me. June timelines have been yielding positive outcomes lately so fingers crossed the second half of the month to early March we will have news. They seem not to like us that much, July people. LOL

Khushi31
Newly Registered

Post by Khushi31 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:44 pm

Is it possible to vary my application from FLR M to SET M assuming my husband granted his ILR on 10 yr. i also included my daughter in my application. Is it possible to include her on SET M with me or she can go for MN1? I am on dependent visa since 2008.
Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:18 pm

Khushi31 wrote:Is it possible to vary my application from FLR M to SET M assuming my husband granted his ILR on 10 yr. i also included my daughter in my application. Is it possible to include her on SET M with me or she can go for MN1? I am on dependent visa since 2008.
Thanks
Since your husband will be granted ILR on 10 yr LR route, it is mandatory for you to get your FLR(M) processed first and then proceed using SET(M).

If your child is UK-born she could've been skipped from your FLR(M) and make MN1 once your husband gets his ILR approved else you are right in adding her to your FLR(M) and further SET(M).
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

manish mehta
Newly Registered

Waiting............

Post by manish mehta » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:05 pm

Application send--- 6th July 2012

Bio done 11th September 2012

I phoned today HO. Fortunately one guy informed me your documents send yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to wait for next weekdays............................

I changed my house last Thursday and same day made the redirection service. Post office informed me it will take five working days to active the service.

i send the returning envelope for next day delivery. I don,t know what i have to do?

aniekan12
Newly Registered

I applied for SET(M) instead of FLR(M)

Post by aniekan12 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:14 am

Hi,

I got my ILR through 10 years rule in January, few days before my wife PBS dependent visa was due to expire. I applied for her settlement using SET(M) and from the discussion in the forum, I should have used FLR(M).

We have received acknowledgement letter for the application from the UKBA and money have been taken as well.

Please I need your advised on what I should do.

Many thanks,

Aniekan

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:36 am

HI,

I am a July applicant (HO received my documents on 22/07/12).
As most of the July/August people, I am still waiting.

I am a PhD student and I am constantly getting e-mails and phone calls from HR reminding me to show them my passport as soon as I receive it.

They even asked for my case number to call HO, which they did and apparently they were told "everything was cleared and there are no problems" - this phone call was made perhaps 1 or 2 months ago? so I guess HO will actually give information regarding an application before 6 months but only if an Institution/Company calls.

Before sending my documents they were checked by the Latin American house (hence I am South American) and they said it was a straight forward case and in their experience I should get the application back in no more than 4 months....I think one of the reasons we, the summer applicants, are waiting so long is because most of the courses at uni or institutions start Sept/Oct and therefore during July/Aug there is a huge influx of people coming to UK and HO must be loaded...

Anyway, I have a number for HO but it sends me straight to a recording and then they hang up lol .... can anyone please give a number they have used and actually managed to get someone answering and also being capable of giving any info?

The help is much appreciated and good luck to everyone,

Andie

nats

Post by nats » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:41 pm

HO Phone: 0870 606 7766
When you dial this number don't select option 'to know progress of your application'. i think option 2. because it will play recording that u can't know before 6 months and hangs up...
You should listen to other options and select option 'for all other enquiries'
or 'to talk to representative'. I think option 4 that was . not sure but u will know when u will listen more options. and then u can talk to an actual human being.
andie_83 wrote:HI,

I am a July applicant (HO received my documents on 22/07/12).
As most of the July/August people, I am still waiting.
I am a PhD student and I am constantly getting e-mails and phone calls from HR reminding me to show them my passport as soon as I receive it.

They even asked for my case number to call HO, which they did and apparently they were told "everything was cleared and there are no problems" - this phone call was made perhaps 1 or 2 months ago? so I guess HO will actually give information regarding an application before 6 months but only if an Institution/Company calls.

Before sending my documents they were checked by the Latin American house (hence I am South American) and they said it was a straight forward case and in their experience I should get the application back in no more than 4 months....I think one of the reasons we, the summer applicants, are waiting so long is because most of the courses at uni or institutions start Sept/Oct and therefore during July/Aug there is a huge influx of people coming to UK and HO must be loaded...

Anyway, I have a number for HO but it sends me straight to a recording and then they hang up lol .... can anyone please give a number they have used and actually managed to get someone answering and also being capable of giving any info?

The help is much appreciated and good luck to everyone,

Andie