ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW - Proposed Partner? - FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thesk000
United Kingdom

PSW - Proposed Partner? - FLR (M)

Post by thesk000 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi there

I am currently on a PSW visa expiring Aug 2013. I got engaged October 2012. My wedding (both religious and registry) is arranged for September 2013. We have not been living together as we are both from conservative families.
I have the following questions
(1) Can I use FLR (M) to apply to extend my stay? The form says I can apply as an unmarried partner? I can provide evidence of our courtship, engagement, wedding arrangements i.e. the venue and catering deposits, photos, blah blah blah blah
(2) Will UKBA have grounds to reject my visa as we have not been cohabiting for 2 years nor do we have a marriage certificate?
(3) If I can use FLR (M), will this be a fiancé visa i.e. I am not allowed to work? I am currently in full time permanent employment since the past 18 months.
(4) If I can use FLR (M), will I need to apply closer to expiry of visa of I can apply straight away?

Much appreciate your response
Thank you in advance :)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:10 pm

You can use FLR(M), but the application will be refused if you are not married and have not been living together in a relationship akin to marriage for at least two years. You can only apply as a fiance from outside the UK.

mide2011
Newly Registered

Post by mide2011 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:11 am

I think the best way is to try and shift the wedding anniversary back before your visa expires so you can apply to avoid unnecessary stress. You have months to do that.
God will put you through.

thesk000
United Kingdom

Post by thesk000 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:24 pm

Thank you both for your reply.

I have been speaking to my family and this is what we are thinking.

Wedding on 24 Aug
Visa Expires on 30 Aug
In Person Premium Service application at PEO on 26 or 27 Aug ?
Or Registered Post 26 Aug?

Does this make sense?

thesk000
United Kingdom

Post by thesk000 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:07 pm

bump :!:

Isaac01
Newly Registered

Post by Isaac01 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:27 pm

This sounds like a good plan to me. As long as you apply through FLR (m)
But remember that when you make your application you need to show that the two of you are living together. ie tenancy agreement.