ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa application w/o Residence Card/Permit for UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

icexxik

Schengen Visa application w/o Residence Card/Permit for UK

Post by icexxik » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:37 am

I have received a long-awaited reply from SOLVIT concerning French Embassy policy of not accepting visa applications from non-EEA nationals in the UK with expiring residence permits or without residence permits at all.

SOLVIT replies that the case has been solved and French Embassy will now accept visa applications from all non-EEA family members regardless of the validity of their British residence permit.

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:28 pm

I'd like to read the full response to your complaint.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:35 pm

if you could post your reply, it would be helpful.

the Irish embassy state that my wife needs valid leave in the UK to make an application for an EEA family permit in london (we are hoping her TA IS96 document will constitute this), but if SOLVIT have corrected France, hopefully the response will help us when we apply for her EEA Family Permit in a few weeks (once her new Indonesian passport has been sorted).

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:45 pm

wiggsy wrote:if you could post your reply, it would be helpful.

the Irish embassy state that my wife needs valid leave in the UK to make an application for an EEA family permit in london (we are hoping her TA IS96 document will constitute this), but if SOLVIT have corrected France, hopefully the response will help us when we apply for her EEA Family Permit in a few weeks (once her new Indonesian passport has been sorted).
And they put that little rectangular stamp with a line through it in the passports!!

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:23 pm

el patron wrote:

And they put that little rectangular stamp with a line through it in the passports!!
sorry, what rectangular stamp with line through it?

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:14 am

wiggsy wrote:
el patron wrote:

sorry, what rectangular stamp with line through it?
A entry clearance refusal stamp, maybe not everyone gets a refusal stamp though, perhaps some only have their application returned?