ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dividend and extension as director of a company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elpis
Newly Registered

Dividend and extension as director of a company

Post by elpis » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:10 am

I wil
Last edited by elpis on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brajen

Re: Dividend and extension as director of a company

Post by brajen » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:06 am

elpis wrote:I will be applying for the extension of my tier 1 visa as director of a company. My company is only one year old and I am claiming income of £ 35,600.00 (minimum salary+ Dividend). I was paid minimum salary every month and company paid me 5 dividends during last 12 months. My question is about dividend documentation. My accountant prepared 4 vouchers and board meetings minutes showing INTERIM DIVIDENDS and one voucher and minutes for FINAL DIVIDEND. Last meeting before year end was annual general meeting and interim dividends were ratified and final dividend was declared in that meeting. All dividends were transferred through online bank transfers and reference on all bank statement entries is “DIVIDEND”. My questions are as following:
1) Does UKBA accept interim dividends?
2) Four of the dividend vouchers produced mention word interim on it, will it be ok with UKBA?
3) Do I need to send board resolutions and minutes of meetings to UKBA for visa extension or it will be fine to only send dividend vouchers?
4) Are there any additional documents that I need to send to UKBA to prove dividend income?
5) Am I missing something here?
Hi , I am sure everything is fine. U can show any dividend as far as it has been taken from the company and the company has suffiecient profit to declare. I am also in the same board. I did'nt put the reference on when I transfered the dividend, i don't kn ow may be a problem? can u ask ur accountant abt this? and also would you be able to mail me ur minute & dividend template pls? my email. branavicl@gmail.com

Thanks

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Dividend and extension as director of a company

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:37 am

elpis wrote:I will be applying for the extension of my tier 1 visa as director of a company. My company is only one year old and I am claiming income of £ 35,600.00 (minimum salary+ Dividend). I was paid minimum salary every month and company paid me 5 dividends during last 12 months. My question is about dividend documentation. My accountant prepared 4 vouchers and board meetings minutes showing INTERIM DIVIDENDS and one voucher and minutes for FINAL DIVIDEND. Last meeting before year end was annual general meeting and interim dividends were ratified and final dividend was declared in that meeting. All dividends were transferred through online bank transfers and reference on all bank statement entries is “DIVIDEND”. My questions are as following:
1) Does UKBA accept interim dividends?
Yes they will accept.
2) Four of the dividend vouchers produced mention word interim on it, will it be ok with UKBA?
Yes
3) Do I need to send board resolutions and minutes of meetings to UKBA for visa extension or it will be fine to only send dividend vouchers?
Only dividend vouchers
4) Are there any additional documents that I need to send to UKBA to prove dividend income?
Bussiness bank statements , your invocies, letter from account , company accounts for the claim period and Any tax documents(if you have).
5) Am I missing something here?
See above
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:23 am

I provided payslip, dividend voucher and accountant letter along with personal bank statement at Croydon PEO.. Visa was approved in 30 min...

nice32

dividend

Post by nice32 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:59 pm

are you claiming gross dividend or net ?. there is confusion on this forum about this .

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:05 pm

its gross salary + gross dividend....