ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(O) Success. Help for SET M.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abdulcoolguy
Newly Registered

ILR SET(O) Success. Help for SET M.

Post by abdulcoolguy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:30 am

Hi All

Thanks for the wonderful help from this forum.

I was in HSMP from Feb 2008 to 2010 and Tier1 till Feb 2013. My case was a bit complicated with 2 limited companies running simultaneously. So had to submit quite a lot of documents to explain my situation to the case worker. Finally I managed to get my ILR in Liverpool PEO :)

Now the next step. ILR Postal application for my wife with SET M. One of the rules for ILR states that I can't apply for her before 28 days. She finishes 2 years on Mar 11 2013 but her visa expires on Feb 08 2013. Couple of questions:

1. Is it fine if I apply ILR application by post for her on Feb 8 (28 days start from Feb 10, so try to send the post exactly on the date of expiry to be near that date)? Will my application still be accepted?

2. SET M form Page 26 says 'Your partner’s current passport or travel document showing that he/she is present and settled in the UK'. Do I need to send my passport or BRP card originals along with the application? Or just copies would suffice?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards
AB

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:28 pm

Which visa she is on is it Tier1 Dependent? if yes then you need to apply using SET(0)-if you have got ILR on 5year route not set(M)

abdulcoolguy
Newly Registered

Post by abdulcoolguy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi ilrdep

Thanks for the reply.

I got my ILR in Liverpool PEO using form SET(O) few days ago. My wife is my dependent and is currently under 'Tier 1 dependent' visa. Now that I have got ILR, I am planning to apply ILR postal application for my wife as the partner of a settled person. So it should be form SET(M), isn't it? Please do let me know. Thanks.

Regards
Abdul

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:58 pm

nope , it is SET(0) if you have got ILR under 5 year route, please refer my case will help you:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

abdulcoolguy
Newly Registered

Post by abdulcoolguy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Hi ilrdep. Thanks again for the help. Just now saw your case. Very helpful it was. Oops I had already filled SET(M) and would have almost submiited it by post. Good that I had this discussion here. Thanks again ilrdep.

Couple of questions which is worrying me now.

1. My wife's visa expires Feb 8 but she completes 2 years on Mar 11. Mar 11 minus 28 days = Feb 10. So if I apply on Feb 8, she will be short by 30 days rather than within 28. Is SET(O) still fine or I have to go for another extension for her?

2. She did 2 holidays outside UK - 15 days for 1st and 15 days for the 2nd. Is she still OK to apply for ILR or should she apply for an extension?

3. If it's an extension, is it FLR(M) or something else?

Please do let me know. I am a bit worried now. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks
Abdul

shendean

abdulcoolguy

Post by shendean » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:54 pm

i submitted FLR-M extension. because i havent stay here in the uk for 2years i had too much absences more than 200days. i think u alright.
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

abdulcoolguy
Newly Registered

Post by abdulcoolguy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Thanks shendean for your response.

I just did a quick calculation and my wife had stayed 22 months (23 months including absences) when its due to apply for her in a couple of days. So I can directly go for ILR for her? Thanks.

Regards
Abdul

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:07 pm

1. My wife's visa expires Feb 8 but she completes 2 years on Mar 11. Mar 11 minus 28 days = Feb 10. So if I apply on Feb 8, she will be short by 30 days rather than within 28. Is SET(O) still fine or I have to go for another extension for her?

To be frank I am not sure on this.

2. She did 2 holidays outside UK - 15 days for 1st and 15 days for the 2nd. Is she still OK to apply for ILR or should she apply for an extension?

These holidays should not have any issue.
My wife had 3 years gap

3. If it's an extension, is it FLR(M) or something else?

If it is exptension you can apply for "Tier1 Depdent" extension (you have to show required maintainance)
For FLR(M) there are seperate requirements such as Engilsh etc..

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:09 pm

One more suggestion if you are not sure (28 days issue) try to get immidiate PEO appointment in Solihull and try it out. It is very late you need to hurry up

abdulcoolguy
Newly Registered

Post by abdulcoolguy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi ilrdep. In Solihull, I believe they would review the application even before the payment is done and if deemed not eligible, I would be told there so I could apply for extension if needed without losing the payment? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks again.

Abdul.

shendean

Post by shendean » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:29 pm

U need to hurry up. I applied when my visa expired but they accpt it and had done my brp.
Shendean

shendean

Post by shendean » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:04 pm

U need to hurry up. I applied when my visa expired but they accpt it and had done my brp.
Shendean

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi Abdul,
you are right, that was the reason I have suggested Solihull

I have heard if you ILR not possible you can apply for PBS extension using the same appointment.

abdulcoolguy
Newly Registered

Post by abdulcoolguy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi ilrdep. Thanks very much. I shall try for a premium appointment soon then.

Regards
Abdul

evershineforu
Newly Registered

Post by evershineforu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi Abdul,

If it is extension, you need to use Tier1 PBS Extension Form.

One of my friend have gone through this when he had Set(M) they didn't accept at Solihul and they gave him PBS Extension Form for his wife following his ILR. This was in November 2012 as there was confusion among them.

So dependent extensin for ILR Main application need to use Tier1 PBS Extension Form. Hope this helps.

abdulcoolguy
Newly Registered

Post by abdulcoolguy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi evershineforu. Thanks for that information. That really helps.

Regards
Abdul

abdulcoolguy
Newly Registered

Post by abdulcoolguy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi. For the PBS Extension form, I could see couple of them. Confused which one is the correct form. May I know which one is right? Thanks a lot.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf - APPLICATION FOR A GRANT OF LEAVE AND
BIOMETRIC IMMIGRATION DOCUMENT AS A
TIER 1, 2 OR 5 DEPENDANT

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf - APPLICATION FOR AN INITIAL GRANT OF
LEAVE (SWITCHING) OR AN EXTENSION
OF LEAVE AND BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE
PERMIT UNDER TIER 1 (GENERAL)
MAIN APPLICANT

Regards
Abdul

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:36 pm

evershineforu
Newly Registered

Post by evershineforu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:47 pm

Yes, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf, this is the one and I will also be using for my dependent in March.

abdulcoolguy
Newly Registered

Post by abdulcoolguy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Thanks ilrdep. Shall keep you guys updated.

abdulcoolguy
Newly Registered

Post by abdulcoolguy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:42 pm

ilrdep, evershineforu & shendean - You guys are my heroes :)

My wife successfully got her ILR today in Solihull :) Special thanks to these guys and thanks to everyone in this forum. Here is our story:

Feb 5 - By luck, got an appointment at Solihull for Feb 7 12:00.
Feb 6 - Preparing all documents especially cohabitation and sponsor(me) docs.
Feb 7 - Drove to Solihull. Reached there by 11:10. Parked in John Lewis. A very short walk to the destination (had to ask couple of people around though).

Went in at 11:30. Security checks and was asked to sit down. At 12:03, we were given a token. Just that the process was really slow. So we got called at 1:15 pm. Went to a lady case worker for the interview who was very friendly and this is what happened there:

CW: Who is the main applicant?
Me: My wife is the main applicant.
CW: So are you the dependent in this application?
Me: Nope. She is the only applicant. I have just accompanied her. I already got ILR few days back.
CW: You could have applied together. You could have saved some money :)
Me: True. We initially thought we will go for the postal application for her.
CW: Oh yes. Is it because of the 2 year issue? Dont worry. It's fine for your case.
CW: Can I see the application form, photos and passports plz?
We: Gave the form with the photos in envelope. Gave her passport, mine and my BRP card with all photocopies.
CW: You can have the payment page. I shall come back to that later. Can I have your marriage certificate plz?
We: Gave it along with copies. Then gave wife's LITUK pass letter with copy too.
Me: May I know how much she scored?
CW: (Laughed). Do you know how much you scored while you applied for your ILR?
Me: Yes.
CW: (Laughed again). So you want to know if she scored more than you :)
CW: How much was ur score?
Me: I scored 23.
CW: And she has 23 as well :)
Had a good laugh here talking something related to this.
Me: Here are my earning proof letters (Letter from accountant, payslips, bank statements).
CW: Had a quick look. Thats ok. You already have your ILR. So need not be so detailed like this.
CW: Do you have documents to prove that you both are living together for the past 2 years?
We: Gave around 80-90 letters. We had it separated into 4 quarters, each labeled for 6 months. She smiled, took 6 out of the whole bunch. And said we had a lot. And that's enough for her.
CW: Good, That's done. You can take the payment page to Counter 6 for payment. And after 20 mins to Biometrics. Have a good day.
(And few laughs about some comments, etc.)

Went to the counter. We had a Santander card for payment. We asked the bank the previous day. They said they cannot guarantee the payment but mostly should be fine. They just randomly reject but we can call the bank to authorize if something like that happens. So we were a bit tensed about that. Once payment paper was given, we were asked to sit down again.

Sat for another 10 mins, called for biometrics. Did biometrics. Then was asked to take a break for an hour and come back. Came back after 45 mins. Waited there for another half an hour and by 4:30, we were called. And they said to my wife that she got her ILR. Hurrayyy :)

I did my ILR at Liverpool and my wife's at Solihull. Both centres were very different.

1. Payment taken before application review in Liverpool.
Payment taken later once application is ok to proceed in Sol.

2. Staff very friendly in Sol. Highly recommended for PEO.
Liverpool staff - Lady who reviewed my case was quite rude. Not that friendly there.

3. Liverpool PEO is very quick. My case was quite complicated but still whole process completed within 1:45 hours.
Sol PEO - Very slow. Took 4:30 hours in total for a not-so-complicated case. So be prepared with snacks/water/etc.

4. Liverpool PEO environment was quite nice. Big office.
Sol PEO - Small office. Crowded.

Thanks to everyone. And good luck to all.

Regards
Abdul

evershineforu
Newly Registered

Post by evershineforu » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi Abdul,

Congratulations and have a nice time.

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Congratulations.. please check your PM for my message on 4th :)
Last edited by ilrdep on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mego_1980

Re: ILR SET(O) Success. Help for SET M.

Post by mego_1980 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:35 pm

abdulcoolguy wrote:Hi All

Thanks for the wonderful help from this forum.

I was in HSMP from Feb 2008 to 2010 and Tier1 till Feb 2013. My case was a bit complicated with 2 limited companies running simultaneously. So had to submit quite a lot of documents to explain my situation to the case worker. Finally I managed to get my ILR in Liverpool PEO :)

Now the next step. ILR Postal application for my wife with SET M. One of the rules for ILR states that I can't apply for her before 28 days. She finishes 2 years on Mar 11 2013 but her visa expires on Feb 08 2013. Couple of questions:

1. Is it fine if I apply ILR application by post for her on Feb 8 (28 days start from Feb 10, so try to send the post exactly on the date of expiry to be near that date)? Will my application still be accepted?

2. SET M form Page 26 says 'Your partner’s current passport or travel document showing that he/she is present and settled in the UK'. Do I need to send my passport or BRP card originals along with the application? Or just copies would suffice?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards
AB
Congratulations to you and your wife.
So,did you send your passport itself or copy.
My wife will apply for her ILR and my lost my british passport recently but i have a certified copy of it so is it alright to send copy or it would be better to wait to replace it but don't know how long it will take.
Thanks for your help

abdulcoolguy
Newly Registered

Post by abdulcoolguy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:44 am

Thanks guys :)

@ilrdep: Oops sorry mate. Just now checked it. Have never checked my private messages section, so totally missed it. Thanks for that :)

@mego_1980:
'So,did you send your passport itself or copy.'
We finally made an in-person application in Solihull PEO. Didn't send the app by post.

'is it alright to send copy'
I have read from another thread that copies of passport and BRP card should suffice. I am sure you dont need to send originals. But the case of losing passport and applying for wife's ILR, I am not really sure. It totally depends on your situation. If you could wait, I would probably suggest to get back your passport. On the other hand, if you definitely need to apply soon, go for it. Good luck. Keep us posted.