ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:22 pm

JonPaula wrote:I actually found Diane's email on this forum, please see below.

diane.taylor0.t21@btinternet.com

Regards

Jon
Yes I posted it! Hopefully she has plenty of material now.
Application recieved: 24 August 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 29 August
BM letter dated: 18 November 2012 (arrived 21 November 2012)
BM given: 22 November 2012
Documents and BRP received: 7 March 2013

haider023
Newly Registered

flr m

Post by haider023 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:06 pm

hey guys i am june applicant . yesterday finally i got my brp and documents after 7 months and 10 days.
THANK TO ALLAH(J.J) AND AHLAYBAIT(A.S.W.S). AND MY IMAM-E-ZAMANA(A.J.T.F).

Timeline:
Date Docs Sent: 25 june 2012
Acknowledgement Letter: july 2012
BRP Letter: start of august. not sure about date
BRP Done: august 2012
Docs & Result: 6 february 2013
BRP Card: 6 february 2013.

wish you all good luck.
:D

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:10 pm

Thanks JonPaula and Xiaozhu :)

Congrats haider023

epicashley
Newly Registered

My visa processing time

Post by epicashley » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi there,

I've been following this thread for months now, as I have applied for the Further Leave to Remain (from a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme visa) and have been waiting for my answer from the UKBA.

Just thought I would share my 'timeline', so others could benefit from it in the future, as I have benefited so much from knowing how backlogged the system is, and knowing that there are so many others out there like me who have been waiting in this visa nightmare!

So, after 7 months of waiting, my application was rejected. My partner and I are still in shock, and are trying to prepare an appeal. Our lives have been turned upside down with this decision - what a horrible thing to do to good people who are genuinely in love and in a relationship. Better luck to all out there, and hopefully those applying in July get a result soon!

Date Applied/Docs sent: 17/07/2012
Date Received Ack. Letter: a couple days after I applied
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived:14/11/2012
Date Biometrics Appointment:22/11/2012
Date of Result & Partner Pass. received: 07/02/2013

CSilver
Newly Registered

Re: My visa processing time

Post by CSilver » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:15 pm

epicashley wrote:Hi there,

I've been following this thread for months now, as I have applied for the Further Leave to Remain (from a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme visa) and have been waiting for my answer from the UKBA.

Just thought I would share my 'timeline', so others could benefit from it in the future, as I have benefited so much from knowing how backlogged the system is, and knowing that there are so many others out there like me who have been waiting in this visa nightmare!

So, after 7 months of waiting, my application was rejected. My partner and I are still in shock, and are trying to prepare an appeal. Our lives have been turned upside down with this decision - what a horrible thing to do to good people who are genuinely in love and in a relationship. Better luck to all out there, and hopefully those applying in July get a result soon!

I'm so sorry.
I was rejected today as well.

Under what grounds were you refused?

They have told me I overstayed my entry clearance and that I made no attempt at an application before my visa expired, however I have the original application here with me with their date stamp and barcode sticker on each page and their cover letter with the date stating it was rejected for an issue regarding fee payment.
So it is their clerical error that is tearing my life apart yet I have no right to appeal and no access to anymore information somehow???

We have to make sure all of this is in the press and plan a protest in Sheffield.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: My visa processing time

Post by saanju9 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:17 pm

epicashley wrote:Hi there,

on what grounds did they rejected your visas

please share the details

thanks and I am sorry for your situation

S

epicashley
Newly Registered

Rejection of visa

Post by epicashley » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi again,

In response to saanju9, and CSilver,

My application was for a FLR as the common-law partner of a UK citizen. I am a Canadian citizen, and me and my partner met while he was on a year-long holiday in Canada.

I was rejected for a couple reasons (as far as I can tell):

1) Not showing ample evidence of my partner and I living together for two years prior to the application date (I did show evidence from when I arrived in the UK until the application date, which was 1 year and 10 months of proof) - so that's my slip-up with no documentation of rental agreements prior to that time.

2) Finances. Not showing enough proof of how much we both earn, our type of job contracts, etc. I thought we had ample proof -- payslips, bank statements, contracts, of all the jobs I have held in the UK, and that my partner has recently held.

To quote from the refusal letter:

"E-LTRP.3.1. The applicant must provide specified evidence, from the sources listed in paragraph E-LTRP.3.2., of-

a) a specified gross annual income of at least-

i) £18,600;
ii) an additional £3,800 for the first child: and
iii) an additional £2,400 for each additional child; alone or in combination with

b) specified savings of-

i) £16,000; and
ii) additional savings of an amount equivalent to 2.5 times the amount which is the difference between the gross annual income from the sources listed in paragraph E-LTRP 3.2. (a)-(f) and the total amount required under paragraph E-LTRP3.1(a); or

c) the requirements in paragraph E-LTRP.3.3 being met, unless paragraph EX.1. applies "

We each don't make over £18,600 a year though (he makes about £14,000 and me £16,000), and don't have savings over £16,000 in either of our bank accounts (although he has almost £14,000 in savings).

The more research I do, the more disheartened I get - I think it comes down to our 'lack' of income. We can get the documents to strengthen our relationship proof, but the income one is set in stone.

-----------------

Faz89
Newly Registered

Post by Faz89 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:34 am

hello there, i wanted to know if anyone who apply before 9july got their biometric card. Been waiting for 7months, called ukba , lady says still in process..anyone been waiting like 7-10months got something out there. It is so frustrating to be waiting for so long. Hope those backlogs are cleared and everyone been sorted out.

monn.p
Newly Registered

Post by monn.p » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:42 am

Hello all, after 7 months of waiting I have finally got my documents back with the letter saying that I will get my BRP card within the next 10 days.
I sent my application on 2nd July. I have called the UKBA last week about the progress of my application and was told that my application was not yet completed so didn't really expect it to come back this soon. Hope other July applicants will get theirs back as well. Good luck to all. :D

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:07 am

First off - congrats to everyone who has successfully recieved their BRP cards lately!

epicashley wrote:
1) Not showing ample evidence of my partner and I living together for two years prior to the application date (I did show evidence from when I arrived in the UK until the application date, which was 1 year and 10 months of proof) - so that's my slip-up with no documentation of rental agreements prior to that time.
Did you move in together as soon as you came to the UK? They are very sticky on ensuring that you live together for a full two years. You don't have to have everything or anything in both of your names, just documents that you both live at the same address...bank statements, bills, etc.
2) Finances. Not showing enough proof of how much we both earn, our type of job contracts, etc. I thought we had ample proof -- payslips, bank statements, contracts, of all the jobs I have held in the UK, and that my partner has recently held.

"E-LTRP.3.1. The applicant must provide specified evidence, from the sources listed in paragraph E-LTRP.3.2., of-
As long as your finances combined are over £18,600 you should have no problem. Are you both currently working?

I'm really sorry to hear that your application has been rejected, but it doesn't mean that it's the end of the line - keep your head up and hopes high!

As far as I can tell from the information you provided, as long as both of your income is over £18,600 (which it is at £30K) and you can prove that you have been living together for a full 2 years, you should stand a good chance of winning the appeal.

Good luck!!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:48 am

Faz89 wrote:hello there, i wanted to know if anyone who apply before 9july got their biometric card.
You can find your answer from Skydrive for FLR(M). BTW what do you mean by Biometric Card? I hope you're not referring to Bio-metric invitation. Have you if at all enrolled your bio-metrics?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:14 am

CDNgirl wrote: As far as I can tell from the information you provided, as long as both of your income is over £18,600 (which it is at £30K) and you can prove that you have been living together for a full 2 years, you should stand a good chance of winning the appeal.
Can someone please clarify this? It doesn't affect me so I haven't looked into it too closely but for the benefit of others, does the £18,600 threshold apply to the couple's combines income or the income of the sponsor only? I was under the impression that it was just the sponsor's income that was taken into account, which would be totally outrageous.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:21 am

Xiaozhu wrote:Can someone please clarify this? It doesn't affect me so I haven't looked into it too closely but for the benefit of others, does the £18,600 threshold apply to the couple's combines income or the income of the sponsor only? I was under the impression that it was just the sponsor's income that was taken into account, which would be totally outrageous.
Yes, it is the combined income.
FLR(M) wrote:You and your sponsor’s total combined income from salaried employment? _____________

When combined does your annual income and your sponsor’s annual income from current employment meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet?
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:22 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
Xiaozhu wrote:Can someone please clarify this? It doesn't affect me so I haven't looked into it too closely but for the benefit of others, does the £18,600 threshold apply to the couple's combines income or the income of the sponsor only? I was under the impression that it was just the sponsor's income that was taken into account, which would be totally outrageous.
Yes
You mean yes it is just the sponsor's income?

freedomuk
Newly Registered

Post by freedomuk » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:28 am

Xiaozhu wrote:
CDNgirl wrote: As far as I can tell from the information you provided, as long as both of your income is over £18,600 (which it is at £30K) and you can prove that you have been living together for a full 2 years, you should stand a good chance of winning the appeal.
Can someone please clarify this? It doesn't affect me so I haven't looked into it too closely but for the benefit of others, does the £18,600 threshold apply to the couple's combines income or the income of the sponsor only? I was under the impression that it was just the sponsor's income that was taken into account, which would be totally outrageous.
I do think they have to consider the combined income, I and my partner are working full time at the moment, however because of his salaried employment is less than 6 months, we have to use category B, accordingly to their staff guideline:

First, where the applicant’s partner and/or the applicant (if they are in the UK with
permission to work) is in salaried employment at the date of application and has been with
the same employer or earning the amount relied upon for less than the last 6 months, the
applicant can count the gross annual salary at the date of application towards the financial
requirement.

Second, the couple must in addition have received in the 12 months prior to the
application the level of income required to meet the financial requirement applicable to
them, based on:
• The gross salaried employment income of the applicant’s partner (in the UK or
overseas) and/or the applicant (if they are in the UK with permission to work);

And also, the flr M form financial requirement section also include the section to fill up details of applicant and sponsor.

I work as immigration paralegal in law firm, however, i could be wrong as the policy is still new and my case is a bit complicated :(

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:41 am

First of all,..... All praises is due to Allah for his mercy. I would also love to thank the members of this forum for updating this thread and keeping the hope of others alive. May God bless you all. special thanks to Greenie and all other moderators on this forum.

I have finally received a letter with my documents stating that my BRP will follow in 7 days time after a long wait.

I'm part of the June applicant and i submitted mine on the 21st of June and did my Biometric around august and got my documents today.

Thank you

freedomuk
Newly Registered

Re: Rejection of visa

Post by freedomuk » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:45 am

epicashley wrote:Hi again,

In response to saanju9, and CSilver,

My application was for a FLR as the common-law partner of a UK citizen. I am a Canadian citizen, and me and my partner met while he was on a year-long holiday in Canada.

I was rejected for a couple reasons (as far as I can tell):

a) a specified gross annual income of at least-

i) £18,600;
ii) an additional £3,800 for the first child: and
iii) an additional £2,400 for each additional child; alone or in combination with

b) specified savings of-

i) £16,000; and
ii) additional savings of an amount equivalent to 2.5 times the amount which is the difference between the gross annual income from the sources listed in paragraph E-LTRP 3.2. (a)-(f) and the total amount required under paragraph E-LTRP3.1(a); or

c) the requirements in paragraph E-LTRP.3.3 being met, unless paragraph EX.1. applies "

We each don't make over £18,600 a year though (he makes about £14,000 and me £16,000), and don't have savings over £16,000 in either of our bank accounts (although he has almost £14,000 in savings).

The more research I do, the more disheartened I get - I think it comes down to our 'lack' of income. We can get the documents to strengthen our relationship proof, but the income one is set in stone.

-----------------
Your case is quiet similar to mine, however I applied as spouse visa of british citizen. My income is 13000 annually and she is 17000 annually, i have done lot research on the financial requirement and i do believe they have to consider our combined income as we both are in the UK.

For unmarried partners category, they are very strict on the evidence of cohabitation, your must provide all documents you have for that 2 years, for example January 2011 to January 2013, you and your partner must have proof for the period of time ie bank statements, bills, or correspondence from others, either joint account or personal.

If you believe your fulfill all these requirement, maybe you can send they letter for reconsideration to clarify the situation. Did they send you any letter to require further document?

Xiaozhu

Post by Xiaozhu » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:58 am

Congrats monn.p and TODMATT! They are finally onto early July applications!

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:09 am

Xiaozhu wrote:
If you are on a fiance visa you can't work. Therefor only your sponsors income is taking into account.

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:19 pm

I think I'm one of the people here who's been waiting for the longest time..10 months and 1 week..and still nothing! My husband and I just mailed letters to every big names in the house of commons and the prime minister..we also sent emails to journalists and waiting if anyone would be interested..this is a TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!!

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:07 pm

whitequeen wrote:I think I'm one of the people here who's been waiting for the longest time..10 months and 1 week..and still nothing! My husband and I just mailed letters to every big names in the house of commons and the prime minister..we also sent emails to journalists and waiting if anyone would be interested..this is a TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!!
Whitwqueen, I saw your timeline on skydrive and was wondering if it was complete and perhaps you hadn't updated yet. To read your post today and see you are still waiting makes us all worried. When I applied in August I thought by October latest I would have my passport back and begin working. Now I'm sitting in Feb and doing nothing but watch TV. I am so bored of waiting and can't think about 10 months with no answer.

Was your application complicated or just straight forward as I'm also switching from fiance to Spouse.?

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:43 pm

It is very straight forward..we don't even need to meet even the new financial requirement as my husband's on DLA..I got a final letter last week to my complaint on November and all they said is that they are experiencing lots of backlogs! The same old crap! They said they are considering applications with biometrics done on 1st week of April and yet, in this forum, you all can see that applicants as late as September are already getting their visas! So what happened to mine then?!?!?!?! :x

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:52 pm

Whitequeen, I can't see any reason others jump the queue. Only thing I can think off is applications are distributed and some UKBA staff are efficient and others not. Your case is worth handing to a journalist though as it seems unfair some get theirs after only a few months.

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:01 pm

you all can see that applicants as late as September are already getting their visas! So what happened to mine then?!?!?!?!
I believe you may be refering to my case, as I applied in late September and recieved my approval letter 3 days or so before Christmas.

I really wish I had any information that could explain why I was so lucky to only have to wait a total of 13 weeks..obviously I am not complaining, because I am so grateful - however I do feel awful for anyone who has to wait, still being told that applications are done in date order.

As DieselD said, it is possibly just the luck of which caseworks are assigned to what case, even though that should in no way be an excuse.

I wish you all the best whitequeen, hopefully your wait will soon be over!

SJ_2013

Post by SJ_2013 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:06 pm

monn.p wrote:Hello all, after 7 months of waiting I have finally got my documents back with the letter saying that I will get my BRP card within the next 10 days.
I sent my application on 2nd July. I have called the UKBA last week about the progress of my application and was told that my application was not yet completed so didn't really expect it to come back this soon. Hope other July applicants will get theirs back as well. Good luck to all. :D
Congrats. A have a question. Is your application considered under old rules as it should be? What is the duration of your visa?

Thanks