ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Tier2 Gen Dependent work in UK without main Applicant?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

robanu
Newly Registered

Can Tier2 Gen Dependent work in UK without main Applicant?

Post by robanu » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:55 am

Hi,

My spouse works here in Dublin, Republic of Ireland and has received a job offer from UK where the company soon is going to lodge Tier 2 general VISA application for her.

My question is if I can work on Tier 2 General dependent VISA in UK and my spouse continues working in Dublin for some time.

She will join me at a later stage but just wanted to understand from taxation or UKBA perspective how this will be sorted.

Any replies which help will highly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:07 am

What visa is your spouse on in Dublin? Dependant?

If she is then her status will change with you when you will for tier 2 in UK and you have to include her in the application as a dependant

robanu
Newly Registered

Post by robanu » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:05 am

Gagan1986 wrote:What visa is your spouse on in Dublin? Dependant?

If she is then her status will change with you when you will for tier 2 in UK and you have to include her in the application as a dependant
Hello Gaga,

Both me and my wife are on our own stamp 4 VISAs in Ireland.
The question is if I am her dependent in UK, can I work here even if she as the main applicant continues working in Ireland for an year.

Rob

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:24 am

As long as you get the dependant visa for UK, you can work here even if your spouse is working in Ireland. So your spouse employer is based in UK and she is still required to work In Ireland right?

bhanu.shiva
Newly Registered

Can my dependent work inUK if I hold a ICT tier 2visa in Ire

Post by bhanu.shiva » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:49 am

Hi Can you please guide me ,

I am on ICT long term tier2 visa in UK, my employer wants me to shift to Ireland, but my dependent is working in UK. So with my visa going to change to ICT tier 2 Irish visa and my partner to irish dependent, will my dependent be able to continue work in UK?

Please suggest and quick response is highly appreciated to help me out of the current situation.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Can Tier2 Gen Dependent work in UK without main Applican

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:21 am

The simple answer is a no.
If the main applicant no longer resides in the UK the dependent does not retain the right to reside or benefit from the main applicants visa.
If you are working between the two offices and your main base remains the UK it is acceptable. If your main base is Ireland then your dependent will no longer retain the right to remain in the UK.
Two other points
If you move to Ireland and your UK visa expires then you will have a one year cooling off period before you return.
If your sponsor tells UKVI that you are no longer working for them in the UK as they are required to do your one year cooling off period will begin when you leave the UK.