ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Application - My Findings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:15 pm

Well, the HSMP documentation is the same as I had submitted for HSMP approval. In fact, I am going to submit the entire folder as it is - with the cover letter, explanations etc. etc.

As for the EC and Co-sponsor documentation, it's actually based on my past experiences. This is what I have always provided to BHC everytime I have had to travel in the past. Never had a problem in getting a visa in the past so hope I will be lucky this time too !

regards

mclaren
Newly Registered

hsmp payslip and EC payslip shuld match

Post by mclaren » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:25 pm

Hi,
Ur documents seems to be ok....but i have one doubt...
u need 6 months payslip....

i believe they might check with hsmp docs and cross verify...is that true...???

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:00 pm

Submitted by EC application today at VFS office in Bangalore.

The lady wanted to re-arrange my entire HSMP pack which I refused to let her do as I had provided the cover letters, explanations of documentary evidence attached and the original documents in a set format. Were she to change the sequence, it would have ruined the entire thing ! So I just told her to attach the entire HSMP documentation as it is (in a file folder). She made a comment on her summary sheet at the end to say "the applicant insisted on submitting the documents enclosed" !!

I was skeptical of letting her make changes to HSMP documentation sequence as my approval was based on the old rules and I did not want the ECO to get confused.

Let's see what happens .....

regards

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:16 am

Good news is that I received my passport back today - with a 2 year visa! It took less than 48 hours to get it back in my hands so I am pretty happy about that !!

The bad news is that I had requested for the visa to be effective mid-April. I had clearly mentioned this in the cover letter and moreover, in support of this request I had submitted a letter from my employer that I am bound by my employment contract and my last working day is 31-Mar. Inspite of the request and supporting evidence, I have been given a visa effective yesterday :-(

I don't think there is a legal route to appeal in such a case, and to be honest it doesn't make a difference, but I am annoyed that these ECOs seem to not look at the finer details of an application. Therfore, I am going to write to the BHC in Chennai in an effort to lodge a formal complaint.

regards

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:14 am

ukjobsforme wrote:Good news is that I received my passport back today - with a 2 year visa! It took less than 48 hours to get it back in my hands so I am pretty happy about that !!

The bad news is that I had requested for the visa to be effective mid-April. I had clearly mentioned this in the cover letter and moreover, in support of this request I had submitted a letter from my employer that I am bound by my employment contract and my last working day is 31-Mar. Inspite of the request and supporting evidence, I have been given a visa effective yesterday :-(

I don't think there is a legal route to appeal in such a case, and to be honest it doesn't make a difference, but I am annoyed that these ECOs seem to not look at the finer details of an application. Therfore, I am going to write to the BHC in Chennai in an effort to lodge a formal complaint.

regards
Congratulation !!!!!!!!! :)

Well, regarding the visa date, they will give you the date from when you apply for the Visa. They cannot give later date. You cannot appeal for this and there is not use as it is only few weeks here or there.. :)

I have a small doubt. Do they accept Cash as Visa Fee or we have to give DD for the same... :)

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:23 am

Hi Friends,

Applying for EC tomorrow. Here is the list of documents, which I am providing to support my application. Please have a look and suggest me my mistake..

EC Documents:
• Completed VAF1 Application form.
• Appropriate Visa Fees (Cash. Please let me know if DD is required).
• Passports (me and Spouse).
• Marriage Registration Certificate.
• Photographs (45mm X 35mm. As mentioned in the VAF1 Form).
• Original bank account statements for last 6 months (2nd Aug. ’06 – 2nd Feb. ‘07)
• Original Bank Account Statement of Partner for last 6 months.
• Affidavit from co-sponsors confirming financial support.
• Copy of tenancy agreement and letter from housing authority confirming accommodation.
• Last 6 months original bank account statements of co-sponsors.
• Financial Statement.
• Current GBP – INR Currency Conversion rate as per www.xe.com.
• For initial stay, I contacted my University in UK and they told me that I can book the place for the same. I am not sure if they will be able to provide booking confirmation by today or not, but I am going to mention that I’ll stay in University Guest House and please let me know if I should print and attach the emails regarding this.
As I claimed points for (Old rules):
Degree: 25 Pts
Work Experience: 35 Pts
So, I am not providing IT Return etc as it is not with me right now and it is in my Home Town.

HSMP related documentation:
• Original HSMP approval letter.
• Original MSc Degree from University of Glamorgan.
• Appointment + Experience Letter from Company 1 - 4.
• Other Documents.

Finally: Two set of Photo Copies of all Documents which I am going to provide…

Please suggest me if I am missing something.

Regards,

Akash…..

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:39 pm

Seems no one is interested to help me :|

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:23 pm

AkashS,

One suggestion regarding the HSMP documentation would be that you attach every single document you submitted for your HSMP application. DO NOT miss out anything.

In my case, I had attached the entire file-folder "as is" with my EC application as I had sumbitted for HSMP approval :).

regards

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:16 pm

Dear ukjobsforme,

I'll do the same...

Regards,

Akash...

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:34 pm

ukjobsforme wrote:The bad news is that I had requested for the visa to be effective mid-April. I had clearly mentioned this in the cover letter and moreover, in support of this request I had submitted a letter from my employer that I am bound by my employment contract and my last working day is 31-Mar. Inspite of the request and supporting evidence, I have been given a visa effective yesterday :-(
Dont worry. Once you have the visa, you can fly whenever you like within those 2 years.

regards[/quote]
Dont ever do that. Be happy that you got your EC without any issues. Fly after you finish your notice period with your current employer.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:25 am

Hi can some one please confirm as to what all Originals would be retained or taken by the VFS office and what all in copies ....

Many have stated the list of documents provided , but they have not mentioned clearly as to which documents will be taken as copy and in how many number .....

Some one please elaborate on this ....

:)

alf1977
Newly Registered

Post by alf1977 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:58 pm

ukjobsforme wrote:Good news is that I received my passport back today - with a 2 year visa! It took less than 48 hours to get it back in my hands so I am pretty happy about that !!

regards
Hi,
Did anyone apply for EC in VFS bangalore under the HSMP schme on 27-Feb-2007.Going by the above posts i expected my passport to be in my hands by today but not yet arrived? did anyone apply on the same date as mine and got it back? what are the approximate timelines?
thanks
AJ

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:13 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:Hi can some one please confirm as to what all Originals would be retained or taken by the VFS office and what all in copies ....

Many have stated the list of documents provided , but they have not mentioned clearly as to which documents will be taken as copy and in how many number .....

Some one please elaborate on this ....

:)
In my case, I submitted all originals, except the letter from co-sponsor and the co-sponsor's tenancy agreement (which were fax & photocopy respectively). Had taken 1 set of photocopy for every page but I wasn't asked to submit any photocopy.

In case you are enclosing FD (fixed deposit) receipts, they will probably have a look at the original, ask for a photocopy and return the originals to you. I say this based on my earlier experiences at VFS Delhi but am not sure if all VFS offices follow the same regimen.

regards

mayana

Working Holiday maker providing accomadation

Post by mayana » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:55 am

My wife was on a working holiday visa which expired in Nov 2006 but came home 11 days after the expiration she was not qualify to extend her stay as a working holiday maker because she only used it to work for 6 months, I applied for HSMP and got approved in January 2007, She came home in Nov 2006 to visit for holiday ,we applied for a visitor's visa for our son in Dec 2006 and was issued. as the time my wife was preparing to go back i recieved HSMP decision, so we decided to apply for EC, my wife and son are dependent. My wife has an accomodation with valid tenancy agreement for 6 month, we decided to keep this accomodation since we intend to stay there after EC stamping,
We have been paying the rent ever since my wife came back in Nov 2006 so we decided to include the utility bills,bank statement as a proof that the accomodation is my wife's and a cover letter was included by my wife confirming the proof and the contact address/ telephone of the landlord in U.K, HSMP approval letter, My bank statement, pay slips, marriage certificate, son's birth certificate and my cover letter.
I previously have a visitor visa which expired in june 2006 and was renewed in july 2006 to last till july 2007, my wife studied in 2004 U.K and has an expired WHM and 2 years visitor's visa which is still running, My son (1yr & 7 month has an expired U.K visitor visa and another one which is still running.

Please what is our chance, will this various records affect us, as we applied for EC since feb 5th 2007 and we have not recieved a reply, the VFS online trackers is showing application forwarded to VISA section on the 5-02-2007, we called there office and is still the same, Pls advise!!!!!

Mayana

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:54 am

Hi Friends,

I applied for EC on 2-Mar-2007 from Bangalore VFS. Nice and Helpful Staff. They helped me and guided me to arrange the docs.

I have provided all documents which I gave for HSMP + Other relevant documents such as
Marriage Certificate
Bank Statement
Sponsorship Letters + Bank Statement

Some Tips for others who are going to apply now:

They accepted 45mmX35mm Photographs.
Visa Fees is Rs. 8441/ Person
Marriage Certificate is required (Photographs is desirable but not necassary. They asked me but it was not with me in Bangalore so could not provide.)

They told me we may be called for Medical Test otherwise I'll receive all documents in 4 working days :)

Lets see. :)

I would like to say my sincere thanks for all members in this Forum. Yuo guys helped me a lot it would have been very difficult to apply for HSMP + EC without your support :)

Will post the result soon.. Need your BEST WISHES :)

mayana

Post by mayana » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:40 am

My wife was on a working holiday visa which expired in Nov 2006 but came home 11 days after the expiration she was not qualify to extend her stay as a working holiday maker because she only used it to work for 6 months, I applied for HSMP and got approved in January 2007, She came home in Nov 2006 to visit for holiday ,we applied for a visitor's visa for our son in Dec 2006 and was issued. as the time my wife was preparing to go back i recieved HSMP decision, so we decided to apply for EC, my wife and son are dependent. My wife has an accomodation with valid tenancy agreement for 6 month, we decided to keep this accomodation since we intend to stay there after EC stamping,
We have been paying the rent ever since my wife came back in Nov 2006 so we decided to include the utility bills,bank statement as a proof that the accomodation is my wife's and a cover letter was included by my wife confirming the proof and the contact address/ telephone of the landlord in U.K, HSMP approval letter, My bank statement, 6 months pay slips, marriage certificate, son's birth certificate and my cover letter.
I previously have a visitor visa which expired in june 2006 and was renewed in july 2006 to last till july 2007, my wife studied in 2004 U.K and has an expired WHM and 2 years visitor's visa which is still running, My son (1yr & 7 month has an expired U.K visitor visa and another one which is still running.

Please what is our chance, will this various records affect us, as we applied for EC since feb 5th 2007 and we have not recieved a reply, the VFS online trackers is showing application forwarded to VISA section on the 5-02-2007, we called there office and is still the same, Pls advise!!!!!

Mayana

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:02 pm

:? Inaccurate information :? !!! :roll:

Currently, the visa fee is INR 7650.
The VFS fee (without courier) is INR 565.
The VFS fee (with courier) is INR 735.
If you take cash to VFS office, then they charge you the usual commission fee to make a draft for you - INR 56.

regards

indian234

Post by indian234 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:18 pm

ukjobsforme, I think he means total visa fees is Rs 8441. Just sum up and check the total.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:43 am

yes this is total fees inclusive of all the charges ......

This is what athe VFS people ask us to carry when we go for submission ... well this is for Bangalore VFS office ... am not sure how its else where .... :)

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:44 am

AkashS wrote:Hi Friends,

I applied for EC on 2-Mar-2007 from Bangalore VFS. Nice and Helpful Staff. They helped me and guided me to arrange the docs.

I have provided all documents which I gave for HSMP + Other relevant documents such as
Marriage Certificate
Bank Statement
Sponsorship Letters + Bank Statement

Some Tips for others who are going to apply now:

They accepted 45mmX35mm Photographs.
Marriage Certificate is required (Photographs is desirable but not necassary. They asked me but it was not with me in Bangalore so could not provide.)

They told me we may be called for Medical Test otherwise I'll receive all documents in 4 working days :)

Lets see. :)

I would like to say my sincere thanks for all members in this Forum. Yuo guys helped me a lot it would have been very difficult to apply for HSMP + EC without your support :)

Will post the result soon.. Need your BEST WISHES :)
Hey Akash ... keep us updated as to the outcome of your application for EC ...

All the best ... :)

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:42 am

ukjobsforme wrote:

If you take cash to VFS office, then they charge you the usual commission fee to make a draft for you - INR 56.

regards

7650 + 735 + 56 = 8441

I paid Cash... so information is very much correct..

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:44 am

indian234 wrote:ukjobsforme, I think he means total visa fees is Rs 8441. Just sum up and check the total.
Correct... :)

It is Total amount, which you need to pay.

alf1977
Newly Registered

Post by alf1977 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:33 am

alf1977 wrote:

regards
Hi,
Did anyone apply for EC in VFS bangalore under the HSMP schme on 27-Feb-2007.Going by the above posts i expected my passport to be in my hands by today but not yet arrived? did anyone apply on the same date as mine and got it back? what are the approximate timelines?
thanks
AJ
Hi,
Can someone please look at this and reply to my earlier post?

mclaren
Newly Registered

EC rejected

Post by mclaren » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:56 pm

Hi all,

My EC got rejected in chennai.

Reason total points calculated by ECO is 70:
PG level :25
sal:20
uk exp:5

For PG level its 35 and graduate level 30(dats the minimum).I am PG and he accepted PG but unknowingly put 25...

This is total carelesenes by ECO...
Kindly help..how to proceed...pls help..all

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:59 pm

AkashS wrote:
ukjobsforme wrote:

regards

7650 + 735 + 56 = 8441

I paid Cash... so information is very much correct..
Now if I paid by draft and did not opt for courier delivery, then would I be accurate if I say that the visa fee is INR 8215 / person ?? From my perspective - No.

Never said that your calculation was wrong, did I ??:lol: I merely pointed out the break-ups so that anyone wishing to apply for EC (from India) and searching the forum gets the accurate information. Because if he takes a draft of INR 8441 on seeing your post of "visa fee is 8441 / person", he might be inconvenienced. The information you gave is very much correct, but the way you phrased it gave the wrong message.

Meant no offence, just thought people should be aware of the actual breakup behind your 8441 ! :o

BTW, all VFS offices have the same fee structure.

regards