ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

self employed already under PSW

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dimuthu
Newly Registered

self employed already under PSW

Post by Dimuthu » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:34 am

Hi all,

I'm doing business as a self employed under PSW and hoping to apply entrepreneur visa. Could any one help me connecting the current business to the application. Further more I need to find out the documents that I can submit regarding the current business. I have already invested more than £10000 for the business.
Is there anything like we have to run a business in relation with our qualification gained in the UK.
Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: self employed already under PSW

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:40 am

The business has to be an activity at NQF Level 4 but does not have to with regard to your own qualifications.

moazzam7871

Post by moazzam7871 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:52 am

hi Lucapooka,
I thought after 30 Jan 2013, under new rules case worker will consider your qualification for the business you going to open? Please correct me as i might understood it wrongly. Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:54 am

I'll check and get back to you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:58 am

No, nothing to report on that matter. I stand by my original comment.

moazzam7871

Post by moazzam7871 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi Lucapooka thanks for checking the new rules. Yes i agree we do not need to report on it in current application but under new rules Case worker may look into this before giving visa and can ask for it from applicant. I took the following paragrah from the following link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /hc943.pdf

In making the assessment in (h), the UK Border Agency will assess the balance of probabilities. The UK Border Agency may take into account the following factors:
(i) the evidence the applicant has submitted;
(ii) the viability and credibility of the source of the money referred to in Table 4 of Appendix A;
(iii) the viability and credibility of the applicant's business plans and market research into their chosen business sector;
(iv) the applicant's previous educational and business experience (or lack thereof); (v) the applicant's immigration history and previous activity in the UK; 6
(vi) where the applicant has already registered in the UK as self-employed or as the director of a business, and the nature of the business requires mandatory accreditation, registration and/or insurance, whether that accreditation, registration and/or insurance has been obtained; and (vii) any other relevant information.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:00 pm

That's a very loosely-defined discretionary checking measure (call it a scam filter) that in no way limits the PSW migrant to running a business in the same field to which he has graduated or holds qualifications.

Dimuthu
Newly Registered

Post by Dimuthu » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi Locapooka and all viewers,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I am running a Web Development company as a franchisee and it is in NQF level 4.

I am running this as a self employed person and already have invested more than 10000 pounds. I have emplyed 3 staffs previously and now myself and one employee are working at the firm.

The problems are,
1. Can I show the same busiess for the visa?
2. If not do I need to make a new company under house of company?
3. Is there any chance to use the current business history to get an extra advantage for the visa?

Could you please help me on this or let me know your suggestions.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:16 pm

Dimuthu wrote:1. Can I show the same busiess for the visa?
That depends: is the business activity at NQF Level 4? Was the 10K investment more than 12 months ago?

Dimuthu
Newly Registered

Post by Dimuthu » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:45 pm

Yes it is in level 4. Nearly 5000 invested 12 months before ad the rest during the last 12 moths.