ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP received - new expiry date is from the date of the appt

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:29 pm

senthil123 wrote: Interesting...
When the CW called us, she said that all the documents are fine and happy to approve. I didn't sign any documents or letters.
She gave us the approval letter which stated that the BRP will be received within 5-7 working days.
Before leaving, I read that letter to check my expiry date. Since I didn't find it in the approval letter, I went and asked the receptionist whether I can speak to the CW to check the expiry date. She declined saying that the CW is busy and that I will have the expiry date in the BRP card.

I am sending the letter to the CW today explaning the situation.
Fingers crossed until I get the reply
It was a separate piece of paper to the approval letters. My partner and I both got one to sign. It had my name, place of birth, date of birth, decision date, expiry date and conditions on (no recourse to public funds, not allowed to work as dentist in training or whatever). Had to check the details and sign the bottom.

The approval letters don't have this information on there.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

senthil123
Newly Registered

Post by senthil123 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:34 pm

mulderpf wrote: It was a separate piece of paper to the approval letters. My partner and I both got one to sign. It had my name, place of birth, date of birth, decision date, expiry date and conditions on (no recourse to public funds, not allowed to work as dentist in training or whatever). Had to check the details and sign the bottom.

The approval letters don't have this information on there.
I'm confident that neither me or my wife signed that separate piece of paper.

Raj120980
Newly Registered

Post by Raj120980 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:53 pm

We were not given any papers to sign as well. So it seems like there is no set standard practice and every PEO has got its own way of dealing with the cases.

I will be sending out a letter to my case worker (Sheffield PEO) soon.

mahajanvivek

Re: BRP received - new expiry date is from the date of the a

Post by mahajanvivek » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:58 pm

I think its purely on the case officer. I had my PEO appointment on the 14th Feb with my visa expiring 1st March, 2013. I received my BRP card and the exiry date is 1/march/2015 rather than appointment date.