ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration stamp - Travel within EU

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Immigration stamp - Travel within EU

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:23 am

Hi,

Before moving to UK on Tier 1 (General), I was living and working in Switzerland. I entered UK in the first week of my visa start date. I had left UK within 2 days. While leaving UK (LHR), there was no immigration stamp, as is always the case when flying out of Heathrow. In Switzerland, they use Switzerland issued permits, known as L or B Permit, depending upon length of the stay. While entering, they only looked at my L card and didn't stamp my passport.

I re-entered in UK, after 147 days of gap, and since then living in UK continuously. I understand, I am still fine to apply for ILR due new rules announced on 13th December 2012. However, I am not discussing 180 days rule in this thread.

I like to know how UKBA will know I was absent for 147 days? Can I not lie and say, I was away only for few days?

Thanks,
Rajesh

vks

Post by vks » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:37 am

deception and if known, then it may fall under a conviction
Regards,
vks

rajaali28
Newly Registered
Pakistan

our query

Post by rajaali28 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Did u get the answer

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Immigration stamp - Travel within EU

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:31 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:I like to know how UKBA will know I was absent for 147 days?
One method would be by access to e-borders: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/custo ... assengers/

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:37 am

I strongly suggest that you do not provide any false information. Just because you don't have a stamp doesn't mean that there's no record anywhere.

Lying on an application form, whether or not the information is available is like shoplifting and saying its okay because nobody was watching. Your good character (a requirement for ILR) should stop you from lying on the application form, not whether or not UKBA can corroborate the information you supply to them.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Don't worry, I have no plan to use deception or hide information. I was looking for answer like SAR or similar e.g. cs95tdg gave, requesting e-border information.

Thanks.

Gagan1986

Re: Immigration stamp - Travel within EU

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:57 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:
I re-entered in UK, after 147 days of gap, and since then living in UK continuously. I understand, I am still fine to apply for ILR due new rules announced on 13th December 2012. However, I am not discussing 180 days rule in this thread.

I like to know how UKBA will know I was absent for 147 days? Can I not lie and say, I was away only for few days?

Thanks,
Rajesh
Once( couple of years back) I was at immigration and the guy next to me in the other counter was stopped for regular check/questioning and can't remember how the coversation started but the immigration officer said don't think that we do not stamp outgoing immigration stamp means we don't know when u leaving the country. Not sure why he said that or how they come to know. But this is something I still remember. So FYI