ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Basic Salary Question for Spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mkoolb
Newly Registered

Basic Salary Question for Spouse

Post by Mkoolb » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Hello All,

I will be applying for spouse visa soon from within the UK, I have been married to my British wife since August 2012.

I am on Tier 1 general at the moment.

My question is that my wife basic salary on her contract is £18,104 but she actually gets £22,104 a year, she has been with her current employer for more than 6 months.

The reason for the difference in salary is because along with her salary she get extra for working in London, she works for the NHS and they get a certain amount depending where they work. This extra payment is mentioned in her contract.

My questions are as follws:

1) Should I declare her salary as £22,104 or as per her contract that is £18,104?

2) Can i use my salary to support our application since i earn more than £20K a year and have been in my employment for more than 6 months.

3) Do we fall in Category A or B for Financial Requirements?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:28 pm

how long have you had tier 1 or been in the uk and what visas?
is your wife british born or naturalised?

i am wondering why you would switch to flr(m) as you will then need to complete another 5 years before you can apply for ilr. depending on your visas you have had and time you have been in the uk, you might qualify for ilr sooner if you stay on tier1!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mkoolb
Newly Registered

Post by Mkoolb » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:05 am

I have been in the UK since 2003, 6 yrs student,2 yrs PSW and currently on Tier 1 General.

Wife is british born.

I was due to apply for IRL based on 10 years this june but I will be 27 days short of 10 years hence i am extdending my VIsa first.

Entered UK 15/06/2003 with expiry 20/05/2013.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:46 pm

you are better off extending your tier 1 until you can apply for ilr than switching to flr(m)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.