ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Solihull on 7th Feb, absence > 180

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guri_78

ILR Success @ Solihull on 7th Feb, absence > 180

Post by guri_78 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi Guys,

Its my turn to write success story. First of all, big thanks for wpilr_nov12 and cs95tdg. You guys are rocking mates.

Visa: HSMP/T1G
First Entry in UK after 60 days of visa stamp
Absence: 187 in 5 years

Appointment Time: 10:00AM on 7th Feb at Solihull.

We arrived there at 9:17AM and security allowed us to come in. Receptionist asked for our appointment time and highlighted our names on a sheet. Then had security check. We sat in waiting area and were given a token around 9:45AM.

My token no were called in to go to counter 2. We met a nice British Asian guy. He said that my family can sit in waiting area or chairs on the back as he does not need them.

He asked for token, application form & passports. He went through the form and specifically spent few seconds on absence page. Then He did some thing on his screen for couple of mins and wrote something on his sheet. He asked LIUK documents. He clicked yes/no on his sheet.

Documents submitted as requested CW.

SET (O)
LIUK

Passports copies of only visa pages----I have copies of all pages but he only took visa ones.

Salary slips --- 12 M

Bank statements---he only took current account statement and returned back saver account statements as he said he wants where the salary comes.

Cohab docs----I handed over folder full of docs and he chose 6 and asked for the copies of those. I asked him if he needs my son's birthday cert and he said that would be great.

Nothing else............I took lots of docs with me in case. Even I have 186 days absence, no doc was asked. Even though I have salary and absence letters from Employer.

All above doc submission took only 15 mins. Then he asked me about Himalayas. He discussed Himalayas with me for 10 mins in detail. The places he visited. He mentioned K2 and other mountains and understood that he is from Pakistan. Then I recommended him to visit few places on Indian side of Himalayas. He then said everything is fine and arranged the biometric for us. We were again in waiting area at 10:45. At 10:55, everything was done and security told us to go and come back at 1:30.

Had coffee in Touchwood. We went back and were told that come back in 1 hr because there was issue in their network. Went back at 2:20 and the lady said that we have to give Biometric again as from token 202 to 210, they didnt get any result back. Even though they got results for 211-215 token. I saw all the people from token 202-210 there, waiting for second Biometric . Gave the Biometric and then wait for 20 mins. Then my token number was called and security person said its approved...............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sigh of relieve. Then I asked where is it written on approval letter that my app is approved. The security man pointed towards page 3 said here is it......Came back happy chappy.....

Thanks again to all who helped me.

Cheers guys....

Now waiting for BRP....
Last edited by guri_78 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Congrat's guri_78! Good to hear that it was a good experience (other than having to give biometrics twice) after all the worries you had initially! So you had a friendly CW (nothing less is expected at Solihull PEO), who also got some tourist information from you on the Himalayas. :)

msvayani

Re: ILR Success @ Solihull on 7th Feb

Post by msvayani » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:36 pm

guri_78 wrote:Hi Guys,

Its my turn to write success story. First of all, big thanks for wpilr_nov12 and cs95tdg. You guys are rocking mates.

We arrived there at 9:17AM and security allowed us to come in. Receptionist asked for our appointment time and highlighted our names on a sheet. Then had security check. We sat in waiting area and were given a token around 9:45AM.

My token no were called in to go to counter 2. We met a nice British Asian guy. He said that my family can sit in waiting area or chairs on the back as he does not need them.

He asked for token, application form & passports. He went through the form and specifically spent few seconds on absence page. Then He did some thing on his screen for couple of mins and wrote something on his sheet. He asked LIUK documents. He clicked yes/no on his sheet.

SET (O)
LIUK

Passports copies of only visa pages----I have copies of all pages but he only took visa ones.

Salary slips --- 12 M

Bank statements---he only took current account statement and returned back saver account statements as he said he wants where the salary comes.

Cohab docs----I handed over folder full of docs and he chose 6 and asked for the copies of those. I asked him if he needs my son's birthday cert and he said that would be great.

Nothing else............I took lots of docs with me in case. Even I have 186 days absence, no doc was asked. Even though I have salary and absence letters from Employer.

All above doc submission took only 15 mins. Then he asked me about Himalayas. He discussed Himalayas with me for 10 mins in detail. The places he visited. He mentioned K2 and other mountains and understood that he is from Pakistan. Then I recommended him to visit few places on Indian side of Himalayas. He then said everything is fine and arranged the biometric for us. We were again in waiting area at 10:45. At 10:55, everything was done and security told us to go and come back at 1:30.

Had coffee in Touchwood. We went back and were told that come back in 1 hr because there was issue in their network. Went back at 2:20 and the lady said that we have to give Biometric again as from token 202 to 210, they didnt get any result back. Even though they got results for 211-215 token. I saw all the people from token 202-210 there, waiting for second Biometric . Gave the Biometric and then wait for 20 mins. Then my token number was called and security person said its approved...............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sigh of relieve. Then I asked where is it written on approval letter that my app is approved. The security man pointed towards page 3 said here is it......Came back happy chappy.....

Cheers guys....

Now waiting for BRP....
Hi Guri,

First of all congrats,

I just want to know about payment process at solihull peo. At what stage they asked you to pay your fee? Was it once after they confirmed that you will get ILR?

Regards
MSV

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:42 pm

Cheers mate............we discussed more about Himalayas than my app :-)

cs95tdg wrote:Congrat's guri_78! Good to hear that it was a good experience (other than having to give biometrics twice) after all the worries you had initially! So you had a friendly CW (nothing less is expected at Solihull PEO), who also got some tourist information from you on the Himalayas. :)

guri_78

Re: ILR Success @ Solihull on 7th Feb

Post by guri_78 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:44 pm

msvayani wrote:
guri_78 wrote:Hi Guys,

SET (O)
LIUK

Salary slips --- 12 M

Cheers guys....

Now waiting for BRP....
Hi Guri,

First of all congrats,

I just want to know about payment process at solihull peo. At what stage they asked you to pay your fee? Was it once after they confirmed that you will get ILR?------------Debit card and payment was done once I CW accepted and saw all the docs

Regards
MSV